Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Now they cancelled my flight 😭 still have my flight from manchetser from Istanbul but they’ve cancelled my Istanbul to Amman flight

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I don't think there's been a thread posted for this year so thought it might be nice to share our plans and general holiday chit chat

What's everyone planning for this year?

HoGi

VIP Member
Has anyone been to Guernsey? Things to do there?
I went earlier this year as part of a cruise.

Things to do? Absolutely nothing 🤣

It is tiny. Expensive. And if the weather isn't great it is thoroughly depressing.

I have been to Jersey and that is also expensive and miserable when grey, but has a lot more going on.

• Haha

mcfeez

VIP Member
For those who have been/are in Belfast - can I ask for recommendations for hotels/sights to see/restaurants to try?

I’m trying to plan a trip for next year and plan a rough budget. I don’t know whether to make it a weekend break or a week long trip?
For hotels there are a range of prices - what sort of budget would you have in mind? For example if your going luxury, The Merchant is beautiful and in a great spot in the city centre. In terms of more mid range the Clayton or Maldron are popular, and just round the corner from city hall. There are budget options too all in great central spots; Premier Inn I'd recommend for the budget option. Restaurants would depend on £££ and what you like to eat.

Sights in Belfast - St Georges Market is great and has lots of food options too. Titanic Museum, Ulster Museum (which is free!), the taxi tours are very popular with tourists. Lots of people do day trips from Belfast up to the north coast to see the Giants Causeway.

In terms of time - a weekend is fine for a city break of Belfast but theres definitely plenty to see in terms of NI and even parts of ROI if you spend a week.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
We're off on a cruise next Tuesday so currently in a state of anxiety trying to avoid covid for the next week! I've got a few things I can't get out of, otherwise I'll be living like a hermit 🤣

Shinythings

VIP Member
Was due to go to Bulgaria last night from Birmingham, 6 hour delay then told to go home with no flight before Wednesday. Had an email this morning to say there’s a flight tomorrow afternoon which is showing on TUI website but not Birmingham airport’s.
We get £350 pp delay compensation, £150 per household for the extra food needed yesterday and then 2 nights of the holiday reimbursed and £200pp vouchers- which will probably be void as they will no doubt go into administration after this!
TUI aren't going into administration. They are one of the most financially stable travel companies out there.

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Going to Turkey on Thursday. Was meant to be going to Zante but TUI’s app glitched and cancelled our holiday :(

• Wow

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
For anyone planning on gong to Cuba, be aware that it will make travelling to the USA more difficult if you plan to go in the future, as anyone who has travelled to Cuba since a certain date (not 100% what date) now needs to apply for a visa, rather than an esta x

• Wow

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Thought my contribution to this thread for this year was maybe over but I’m off home to Australia next month, so sort of a holiday 😄 feel very lucky that I’ve been able to get away to Paris, Madrid, Rhodes and Australia in one year - catching up on travels lost due to covid 🫶🏼

I’m stopping in Perth first to see my cousin, but have never stepped foot outside of Perth airport so has anyone got any recommendations of things to see or do? I will only have a day or two there so will be fighting jet lag before flying east for the rest of my trip!

• Heart

Skyeball

Chatty Member
We're booked. 11 nights in a UK lodge place with a hot tub in August.
Also, close to some NT properties and we got membership for Christmas.
Can't bear the thought of the testing and potential for one of us testing positive abroad, drama.
Had planned for a weekend at Center Parcs or Alton Towers too but both of our cars have just needed big repairs so that's been shelved for this year. (They are only 6 years old, WTF)
I consider myself very lucky to have the chance to have 11 nights away anywhere tbh.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Hello.. help! 🤣 I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday next year in March…and I’m torn between St Lucia and Mexico!
7 nights for both

St Lucia - would be the wellness retreat The Body Holiday

Mexico I was thinking to go to both Cancun and Tulum - Cancun first 4 days , have a day to explore + beach day, a day for activities - horse riding, zip lining, quad biking, cenote swimming, a yacht day trip on my bday , then Tulum- a beach club day with massages, and a day for flexible exploring…

Torn. I originally wanted to go to an absolutely lovely wellness retreat in Bali - this is my number 1 choice but their restrictions make that difficult right now… kinda gutted.

What do you think?
St Lucia is gorgeous I loved it there. I haven't been to Mexico yet but I personally like the sound of the plans you have for Mexico more than going to a wellness retreat. I guess it depends on how relaxing you want it to be?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Readread

VIP Member
Going to West Palm Beach in June
Hopefully a long weekend in Malta or Greece at some point in September
Planning an Xmas/NYE holiday this year too! Friends of ours just got back from The Bahamas and made us very jealous!

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
We are the same age so best friends as well. I’m going away alone this year which makes me feel more awkward to say this again next year
Why can’t you just tell him he’s being an awkward bastard?! Why are you walking on eggshells?! If he’s your “best friend” you should be able to just tell him instead of all this cloak &
Dagger.

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
I’m hoping to visit New York 2 weeks from today, and I’ve booked hotel/flights. I was just wondering if there’s anything else I need to book? I read something about needing a visa or ETSA? I’m not sure if that’s correct though. I’m only going for 5 nights, would I still have to apply for a visa/ETSA?

If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it!💞 I’m just so lost and confused with what documents I need to get and bring with me. As far as I know, I only need to take a supervised lateral flow test 24 hours before arriving in NYC. Do I need to get a passenger locator form aswell? (I’m fully vaccinated but not sure if there has been any new restrictions recently). If anyone who has traveled to New York or America in the past couple weeks/months could offer some advice, I would be so grateful. Thank you! x
Yes you always need an Esta to travel to America, once approved they last two years.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Where’s nice end of October / beginning of November for around 4/5 nights with children?
Thinking Portugal or Spain but not sure. Has anyone any recommendations for hotels or areas in either of those places? Been looking at Vilamoura but never been that time of year.
We’ve been to Fuerteventura in November. Lovely and warm, would recommend.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Has anyone been to Cuba? We've booked to go in January and I can't wait!

Stopping in Varadero but definitely want to do a trip to Havana.

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
Booked Norway. My friend has said we're going on a Moose safari, so something different I guess 😂

I was mostly in Oslo city last time so it will be good to explore the wider parts of it.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
I've officially booked Las Vegas for the late spring now. Excited to go back. We wanted to visit for our 30ths but covid made that impossible so it will be a bit delayed.

• Heart