Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Looking at holidays for me and a family member. I think I find the perfect one then they’d say oh I want it to have ….
I find that thing then they’ll add something else on. Or they’ll be like no I don’t like the decor or can’t see a proper picture of how the room looks.
By the way my options I’ve given him are 5* rated on trip advisor (mostly if not the 4.5*), 5* hotels.
I don’t want to spend too much as I’d rather have two good holidays than one super expensive holiday.
Do I just let him pick? Even though I know he won’t research reviews and will just go of management pictures of the hotel, just because I am putting effort into it and it seems impossible to find everything he wants.
But also if something isn’t perfect then he’ll probably spend the whole holiday complaining. Which does worry me about going all inclusive with him as I’m sure he’ll complain about the food.
Why are you even considering going on holiday with this person?! He sounds like a bloody nightmare.

Reactions: 5

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
Cyprus in May, went for the first time last year as it was somewhere warm for October with reasonable Covid restrictions, and really enjoyed it. Hopefully USA in September, been trying to go since last May so hoping we finally get there. Starting in Chicago then flight down to Las Vegas for a week all going well.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Hoping for the US in the Spring. Really really hoping for SE Asia towards the end of the year - either Thailand or Vietnam. Vietnam still closed for tourist visas I believe but Thailand have/had a few a schemes open recently.

Melian

VIP Member
Just got back from my second trip to Northern Ireland - took in all the sights of Belfast and Derry, can't recommend it enough, already looking to go back in September to explore more x
I'm currently in Belfast and loving it so far.

• Heart

loobylou2704

I’m really hoping that we can get on our (3x rescheduled) honeymoon to Dhabi and the Maldives in April!

We should have been in Dublin this weekend but our flights got cancelled so we’ve changed that to June and that we’ve got Menorca with the kids in August!

Keeping everything crossed no more restrictions come into place now!

• Heart

Romy

VIP Member
In France, but not only, if the menu outside the restaurant has too much choice, like 10/15 starters, same for the main course... you know it's not homemade.

Dragon100

Chatty Member
Off to Cornwall on Saturday hopefully - just the small matter of hubby working abroad at the moment and due back into Heathrow about 7pm tomorrow, praying his flight isn't cancelled!!

• Heart

Welshgal

VIP Member
Sorry I somehow posted that in completely the wrong thread :LOL: But maybe I'll find a boyfriend to go on holiday with next year!
Slighty ot but kind of fitting:
a friend of mine went away with a guy she met on Bumble a week before! His friend ditched so he had plane tickets, rental, hotel and some activities booked already and she filled in. She had the best week and they briefly dated but decided to just stay friends.

soymilk

VIP Member
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅

• Heart
  • Haha

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Scotland in June and Leicester in August booked so far. Got some time off in July and September incase I have spare money to go abroad. Looking at either Turkey in July or Jordan in September but probably won’t end up booking either. I’ll most likely book Thailand in April 2023 instead, I’d book it now and slowly pay it off but they have a 10% discount right now on 2023 holidays but hoping they’ll have better discounts through the year so I’ll book it then 🤞

• Heart

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
Thanks for all of your replies regarding New York! I’m pleased to hear it’s as good as I’m imagining 😁
Has there been snow when you’ve been and if so what’s it like walking around, like is it very slippery?
To be honest two out of the three times has felt pretty mild, no where near as cold as I was expecting and no snow. One day was 16 degrees! But the last time I went it felt freezing. Don’t know if I’ve been lucky but December has always been pretty much lots of blue skies for me!

Attachments

• Heart

soymilk

VIP Member
Hello.. help! 🤣 I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday next year in March…and I’m torn between St Lucia and Mexico!
7 nights for both

St Lucia - would be the wellness retreat The Body Holiday

Mexico I was thinking to go to both Cancun and Tulum - Cancun first 4 days , have a day to explore + beach day, a day for activities - horse riding, zip lining, quad biking, cenote swimming, a yacht day trip on my bday , then Tulum- a beach club day with massages, and a day for flexible exploring…

Torn. I originally wanted to go to an absolutely lovely wellness retreat in Bali - this is my number 1 choice but their restrictions make that difficult right now… kinda gutted.

What do you think?
I honestly think it would be a huge shame to go all the way to Mexico and not experience any of the history or culture it has to offer, the activities you're planning to do could be done anywhere and I don't think it would be doing Mexico any justice - you could do all of this plus stay in a gorgeous hotel in Europe? And maybe save money on flights too! 😊

Cariad

VIP Member
I'm off to the Maldives in September....postponed from 2020! ....works out very well as it's our 35th Wedding Anniversary when we're there! ....we've pushed the boat out and flying business class with Qatar
We first went to Maldives in 2019 and fell in love with it.....we stayed on a tiny island (Kandolhu) with only 30 villas and felt totally spoiled and felt as if it was our very own private island ....the marine life is amazing and there were several resident turtles on the reef...the water is incredible- so clear and turquoise and warm!
We first went to The Indian Ocean for our 30th Wedding anniversary and went to a couple of the islands in The Seychelles archipelago which were also incredible but I think The Maldives are just so very special and the seaplane arrival is something else!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I don't know where to post this, but maybe some experienced travellers can provide me with some advice.

I am taking 5 days off in August and then 10 days off at the end of September.

My original plan was to do the following:
  • August: Travel to Helsinki and squeeze in a day trip to Tallinn (Estonia)
  • September: Travel to Croatia
However, when reviewing the numbers, I was thinking of perhaps switching my plan to skipping the August "city break" altogether and going to Singapore for a week in September instead.

The numbers resulting from the combination of Helsinki / Tallinn / Croatia will more or less amount to the same forecast for a week in Singapore (as I am planning on booking proper hotels and airline options are quite limited to from where I live). In all fairness, I've always wanted to visit Singapore more so than I ever did Helsinki or Croatia.

Should I stick to my original plan?
I think go to Singapore - you’ve said yourself that you’ve always wanted to visit there more than the others.

Croatia is beautiful and would never rule it out but if I had the chance I’d go Singapore.

• Heart

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I'm still too scared to book anything concrete yet and I'm meant to be putting every penny towards buying a house this year, but I'm hoping to go to Paris in August for the Rock En Seine music festival and a long weekend after to recover! And also maybe Copenhagen in May/June :)

• Heart