Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re looking at going to Toronto next year. Any advice on who is best to book flights with. Thinking of either June or September. Has anyone been at those times?
We went to Toronto in September 2018. It was lovely, but Canada weather is crazy. It can be 0 degrees one day and 30 the next, so pack everything! We flew Aer Lingus, which allowed us to go from our city with a change in Dublin, rather than getting ourselves to London.

Reactions: 1
Currently thinking about a week in Scotland. But part of me isn't sure, just in case (I'm in England) the restrictions change.

• Heart
Currently thinking about a week in Scotland. But part of me isn't sure, just in case (I'm in England) the restrictions change.
We have just booked our week to Scotland for August, also really hopeful that the restrictions don't change.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We went to Toronto in September 2018. It was lovely, but Canada weather is crazy. It can be 0 degrees one day and 30 the next, so pack everything! We flew Aer Lingus, which allowed us to go from our city with a change in Dublin, rather than getting ourselves to London.
Thanks. We have used ba airmiles to fly to the US twice with Aer lingus from Dublin. I wonder if we can do the same for Canada, if we have enough air miles.

We’re looking at going to Toronto next year. Any advice on who is best to book flights with. Thinking of either June or September. Has anyone been at those times?
I can't remember who I flew with as I went back in 2017 but we went in June and it was great! As emphiii said, the weather is extremely random. We were lucky most of the time, with temperatures in the early/mid-20s, but a few days it dropped to around 10 degrees! One of the days was when we went to Niagara Falls so we were both freezing and soaking wet 😂

Hi I’m hoping to go to New York either at the end of January or beginning of February and was wondering if you know what tests need to be taken to enter USA? I’m so confused with it all atm, I’m fully vaccinated but I read that that doesn’t matter and we still need to have a negative test before entering the country. Do you know if a negative lateral flow test would be accepted? Also do you have to take a test on day 2 after arriving in New York aswell? Sorry for the load of questions. 💞
Hiya sorry just seen this! So you have to do a supervised LFT or PCR a day before your flight, not NHS ones. And now when you come back you can do a lateral flow by day 2. We are using Breathe Assured for both of these, for both of us it cost £108 and that’s a video call with a nurse the day before we fly and a photo upload for day 2. If you live near an airport you can get testing sites there and I think they work out a lot cheaper, I just live in the middle of nowhere! All tests have to be private, NHS won’t be accepted.
Also no requirements for tests in New York now or to fly back to the UK 💕 let me know if you need anymore help!

I’m going to New York in March 🤞🏻 Hope you have fun!
Thank you!!! It’s going to be cold and I don’t quite believe we’re going yet. I don’t think I will until I’m in the hotel and have seen the city 😂 March will be a lovely time to go!

Hiya sorry just seen this! So you have to do a supervised LFT or PCR a day before your flight, not NHS ones. And now when you come back you can do a lateral flow by day 2. We are using Breathe Assured for both of these, for both of us it cost £108 and that’s a video call with a nurse the day before we fly and a photo upload for day 2. If you live near an airport you can get testing sites there and I think they work out a lot cheaper, I just live in the middle of nowhere! All tests have to be private, NHS won’t be accepted.
Also no requirements for tests in New York now or to fly back to the UK 💕 let me know if you need anymore help!

Thank you so so much for your help, I really appreciate it! ❤ So do I have to take a day 2 test when I’m in New York on the second day after I arrive? (And just use a supervised LFT or PCR)
And then I only need to take the day 2 test after I arrive back in the UK? I don’t need to do any PCR/LFT tests 24 hours before my flight back to the UK again? Just the day 2 test after I arrive in England. Is that all correct?
So sorry for all the questions, I just can’t keep up with all these new changes and when I do try to look up the USA entry requirements, I confuse myself even more 🥺 but you’ve really helped break it down for me a lot, and I genuinely can’t thank you enough from the bottom of my heart! x

Thank you!!! It’s going to be cold and I don’t quite believe we’re going yet. I don’t think I will until I’m in the hotel and have seen the city 😂 March will be a lovely time to go!

Thank you so so much for your help, I really appreciate it! ❤ So do I have to take the day 2 test in New York on the second day after I arrive? (And just use a supervised LFT/PCR)
And then I only need to take the day 2 test after I arrive back in the UK? I don’t need to do another PCR/LFT again 24 hours before my flight back to the UK? Just the day 2 test after I arrive home? Is that all correct?
So sorry for all the questions, I just can’t keep up with all these new changes and when I do try to look up the USA entry requirements, I confuse myself even more 🥺 but you’ve really helped break it down for me a lot, and I genuinely can’t thank you enough from the bottom of my heart! 💗 x

Thank you so so much for your help, I really appreciate it! ❤ So do I have to take the day 2 test in New York on the second day after I arrive? (And just use a supervised LFT/PCR)
And then I only need to take the day 2 test after I arrive back in the UK? I don’t need to do another PCR/LFT again 24 hours before my flight back to the UK? Just the day 2 test after I arrive home? Is that all correct?
So sorry for all the questions, I just can’t keep up with all these new changes and when I do try to look up the USA entry requirements, I confuse myself even more 🥺 but you’ve really helped break it down for me a lot, and I genuinely can’t thank you enough from the bottom of my heart! 💗 x
So the day before you fly to the US you need to do a supervised test and get the results as you can’t fly without this.
Nothing needs to be done whilst in the US or before flying back to England.
When you get back to England you need to do a day 2 test WITHIN 2 DAYS of arrival back in to the country. So best option would be to do it as soon as you’re home if you’ve pre ordered them or make an appointment at the airport testing if they do it for after your arrival time.
All tests can be PCR or LFT but LFT are cheaper and easier and the results come back faster.Does that make sense? X

So the day before you fly to the US you need to do a supervised test and get the results as you can’t fly without this.
Nothing needs to be done whilst in the US or before flying back to England.
When you get back to England you need to do a day 2 test WITHIN 2 DAYS of arrival back in to the country. So best option would be to do it as soon as you’re home if you’ve pre ordered them or make an appointment at the airport testing if they do it for after your arrival time.
All tests can be PCR or LFT but LFT are cheaper and easier and the results come back faster.Does that make sense? X
Yes that makes so much more sense to me now. Thank you so much! 💗💗 x

• Heart
How does everyone book their holidays? My holiday booking knowledge doesn’t go beyond TUI/Virgin lol

How does everyone book their holidays? My holiday booking knowledge doesn’t go beyond TUI/Virgin lol
Normally just book a cancellable hotel on booking.com and then the flights separately. I've never booked a package holiday though obviously they work for some people

Reactions: 3
When booking a package holiday I look on sunmaster and onthebeach, and usually some other sites like holidaysupermarket. Usually though onthebeach or sunmaster are the cheapest and I’ve used them both before and never had an issue

It depends what I’m booking. I’ve booked virgin before for Orlando, but this time I’ve just booked flights & hotel separate.

usually for city breaks I just book all separate and I look around Expedia etc for hotels.

all inclusive I’d go with TUI usually.

Usually book flights and accommodation separately, but occasionally a package with easyjet holidays or tui. I use Booking.com or Airbnb for any stays over three nights. If it’s a two or three night stay I usually stay in a hotel.
Make sure it’s cancellable.
There’s an option on both Booking.com and Airbnb to do that in the filter options.

I’m really hoping that we can get on our (3x rescheduled) honeymoon to Dhabi and the Maldives in April!

We should have been in Dublin this weekend but our flights got cancelled so we’ve changed that to June and that we’ve got Menorca with the kids in August!

Keeping everything crossed no more restrictions come into place now!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I want to book a group tour of turkey but I don’t know if I can cope with the long bus journeys as I get travel sick 😭

Does anyone know the travel rules to Turkey please? Whether I need to do a PCR before I leave/return?

I am fully vaccinated btw

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.