Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i love northern ireland 😍 one of the most beautiful places i've been to.
we're thinking galway!
Yes I went last Summer for a long weekend, would definitely go back and I'd like to go to Derry as well. Not to mention how sexy the accent is on men :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
New York next week 💃🏽 and a few other things booked abroad but taking it as it comes as god knows what will happen 🤣
Hi I’m hoping to go to New York either at the end of January or beginning of February and was wondering if you know what tests need to be taken to enter USA? I’m so confused with it all atm, I’m fully vaccinated but I read that that doesn’t matter and we still need to have a negative test before entering the country. Do you know if a negative lateral flow test would be accepted? Also do you have to take a test on day 2 after arriving in New York aswell? Sorry for the load of questions. 💞

We're booked. 11 nights in a UK lodge place with a hot tub in August.
Also, close to some NT properties and we got membership for Christmas.
Can't bear the thought of the testing and potential for one of us testing positive abroad, drama.
Had planned for a weekend at Center Parcs or Alton Towers too but both of our cars have just needed big repairs so that's been shelved for this year. (They are only 6 years old, WTF)
I consider myself very lucky to have the chance to have 11 nights away anywhere tbh.

Reactions: 5
Re-booked flights to Spanish Basque for the second time, so now due to go in September this year.

I already spent hours researching which pintxos (regional tapas) I want and where.

Third time lucky I hope. If this date doesn’t happen then I give up 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We booked a holiday to Rhodes for this summer. I am very excited as we haven’t been on holiday for a couple of years, but covid and testing uncertainty makes me nervous. Hopefully in the summer it will be better!

Reactions: 3
We have just come back from ten days in Mauritius… wouldn’t necessarily go back but nice for some sun and covid wise the requirements weren’t ridiculous.

I know some people are waiting till things go back to ‘normal’ but I honestly don’t think they ever will or certainly not anytime soon so I say get your holidays booked! ☀☀☀

We also have weddings in Seville and Italy in June and August as well as our own wedding in November so it’s going to be an expensive year 😭 though I suppose there’s worse problems to have!
Hey! Out of interest why wouldn't you necessarily go back? We were planning to try and book for November this year!

We booked a holiday to Rhodes for this summer. I am very excited as we haven’t been on holiday for a couple of years, but covid and testing uncertainty makes me nervous. Hopefully in the summer it will be better!
Of all the Greek islands I went to last summer (day trips on cruise), that was the one my husband and I want to go back to first and explore more, even though they were all lovely.

Reactions: 1
My three ideas for my summer holiday this year are;
- Rhodes
- Athens for a few days followed by ferry to one of the islands (though I think Rhodes is too far away to get the ferry from athens)
- Sicily

I love history and visiting archaeological sites

• Heart
Hey! Out of interest why wouldn't you necessarily go back? We were planning to try and book for November this year!
[/QUOTE

It’s really nice the beaches are incredible and there’s some nice hikes but i felt it was maybe more somewhere you’d go on a family trip than a couple? It was a little PG for us compared to the Caribbean for example where there’s more of a ‘vibe’ but if you just want to chill on a beach and eat food then it’s a great destination! Not sure I’m explaining myself very well 😂
It’s really nice the beaches are incredible and there’s some nice hikes but i felt it was maybe more somewhere you’d go on a family trip than a couple? It was a little PG for us compared to the Caribbean for example where there’s more of a ‘vibe’ but if you just want to chill on a beach and eat food then it’s a great destination! Not sure I’m explaining myself very well 😂

I have a beautiful lodge booked in Norfolk for March but I'm having a dilemma.

Payment is due on 17th. I have been told I need an op and won't be able to drive for 6 weeks. Was initially told 18th Jan for op but no appointment yet. Do I cancel/move dates of the holiday (for a fee) or hope the op doesn't clash and risk losing a lot of money?? :(

Other than that, no holidays, but hoping to book my honeymoon for 2023!

Off to Dubai in 4 weeks. Was meant to go this week but postponed in December as I didn't trust the way the numbers were going/Boris. Just have to avoid getting Covid between now and then.

Also booked Majorca in June. I'm just desperate for some warm sunshine!

Reactions: 2
I have a beautiful lodge booked in Norfolk for March but I'm having a dilemma.

Payment is due on 17th. I have been told I need an op and won't be able to drive for 6 weeks. Was initially told 18th Jan for op but no appointment yet. Do I cancel/move dates of the holiday (for a fee) or hope the op doesn't clash and risk losing a lot of money?? :(

Other than that, no holidays, but hoping to book my honeymoon for 2023!
It’s tricky. I’d be tempted to wait until the last minute and if the appointment hasn’t come through by say 16th change the date.

Going to Berlin in May! Let's hope they let us in!
there's a big chance you might have to get tested for entering a restaurant bar etc. if you're not boosted so just a heads up it might be good to get the booster before may if you can!

Going to Berlin in May! Let's hope they let us in!
Just a heads up, bring a supply of medical grade masks because here in Germany they do not allow us to wear cloth masks. This goes for shops, restaurants, places of interest, public transport, offices, any public indoor place. Also applies to some outdoor events.

Also, in some states it’s even stricter, where it has to be the n95 (the muzzle type mask) only, and they may extend this nationwide, so you may have to bring a supply of these (they’re available here but you don’t really want to waste time sourcing masks while you’re on vacation).

Businesses and restaurants operate on a ‘g’ system, 2g, 3g or 2g+, which tells you who needs what in terms of vaccinations/test results in order to enter. Exceptions are grocery stores and pharmacies who don’t check vaccine status as they are essential services.

Scroll down a little and it shows you what all the g’s mean.

Just a heads up, bring a supply of medical grade masks because here in Germany they do not allow us to wear cloth masks. This goes for shops, restaurants, places of interest, public transport, offices, any public indoor place. Also applies to some outdoor events.

Also, in some states it’s even stricter, where it has to be the n95 (the muzzle type mask) only, and they may extend this nationwide, so you may have to bring a supply of these (they’re available here but you don’t really want to waste time sourcing masks while you’re on vacation).

Businesses and restaurants operate on a ‘g’ system, 2g, 3g or 2g+, which tells you who needs what in terms of vaccinations/test results in order to enter.

oh yes good point i was wearing a cloth mask while in germany until my friend pointed out 'hey that's not a medical mask is it' and i literally had no idea what she was talking about 😅 thankfully i had a lot of them just in case but some people might not 😊

Hopefully will get to Greece this year for a week but will see how things progress over the next month or two!

I also love Rhodes as people have said above - if you haven't been to Lindos it's worth the bus/drive. One of my favourite places on earth 😍

oh yes good point i was wearing a cloth mask while in germany until my friend pointed out 'hey that's not a medical mask is it' and i literally had no idea what she was talking about 😅 thankfully i had a lot of them just in case but some people might not 😊
We went to Puma outlet somewhere in Bavaria and they had security our scanning our covid vaccine pass QR codes, and my husband was told he had to change his mask from a medical one (the flat one) to the muzzle-type. I had five in my bag already so luckily we were allowed to continue to shop.

I hope you have a great time on your trip, at least you will know to be prepared and mindful of having your stuff ready for inspection, correct mask etc. We’ve been conditioned to it now, so we are used to it, but I totally understand for visitors it’s a lot more extra rules.

When I was in London last week, I was in so many places without mask, I sometimes felt a bit paranoid like I was committing a crime! And the times we did have to wear mask, being allowed to wear our fun-looking cloth masks was like…wow! 😆

Has anyone here been to Cuba? in 2019 me and my partner travelled to Guardalavaca, we had a lovely time but wouldn't go back, when we talk to people about it who have also been they say they would love to go back, just seems like its only us that wouldn't haha, not to mention I got bitten to bits by mosquitos and got ill from it. Just wanted to see what your personal thoughts are on it? or any other part of Cuba ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.