Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poland in March. All booked so just got to hope for the best.
May I ask where you’re going and how easy you’ve found to book things? I’m hoping to go in May with family. Just unsure whether to bite the bullet and book soon or leave it nearer the time.

May I ask where you’re going and how easy you’ve found to book things? I’m hoping to go in May with family. Just unsure whether to bite the bullet and book soon or leave it nearer the time.
Going to Gdansk. The booking part was just like normal. Found the flights on Ryanair and then just googled hotels and chose one I liked the look of. Not bad prices either. Last thing I need to do is book a driver which should be easy enough. The flights with Ryanair came with insurance also. I just bit the bullet and booked - prices just seem to fluctuate so much at the moment

Reactions: 2
Off to Madeira next week for 10 days.
Looking forward to some sun, long hikes and sea swimming, that doesn’t involve layers of neoprene to keep me from freezing to death 😂

We go away usually between each work contract but don’t decide where until a couple of weeks before, unless it’s somewhere we have in mind that involves visas. We once decided on a destination at the airport by looking at the departure board and buying a ticket 🎫 😎

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Went to London last week for the first time in two years, as soon as Germany lifted the recent ridiculous 14 day quarantine on return. We literally booked the plane tickets on Sunday and left the next day.

Had a really nice time but it was eerily quiet. It’s the quietest I’ve ever known London (I lived there for 35+
years). We stayed near Tower Bridge and we actually Uber’d instead of getting tube/DLR it was that quiet even on the roads!

Hotels were lowest prices I’ve ever known. Visited Tower of London for the first time and practically had the place to ourselves. Spot of shopping at Old Bond Street and it was so relaxed, no swarms of people. Even Uber’d to Victoria (passport office) and we popped into the station for coffee and the station was absolutely dead.

Felt really free and liberated in England, literally could breathe. It was a really nice time and we really needed it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We’ve moved Orlando trip third time to end July this year, but I’m not confident of it happening. Will see how things go COVID-wise.

We were very lucky we got to go to Corfu in summer last year while things weren’t too bad, so at least we’ve managed to get away.

Orlando and West Palm Beach in August for us.
This is our rescheduled holiday from 2020 so hoping it all goes ahead.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We've decided to avoid going abroad for one more year. We've got Cornwall booked for Easter and then a trip to Scotland (near Bute) in August. Really looking forward to both trips but slightly anxious about the Scottish rules changing (we are in England) and also the risk of midgies!!

• Heart
We have Turkey booked for October, this hollidays been changed 4 times over the past few years thanks to covid. Feeling good that it will go ahead though!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We've decided to avoid going abroad for one more year. We've got Cornwall booked for Easter and then a trip to Scotland (near Bute) in August. Really looking forward to both trips but slightly anxious about the Scottish rules changing (we are in England) and also the risk of midgies!!
For the midges I highly recommend stocking up on this:
3D9EC6D2-AAFF-4B74-9319-44A9FB34B4FD.jpeg

It makes a great insect repellant.

Hope all goes well and the rules and restrictions don’t affect your holiday here. ☺🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
For the midges I highly recommend stocking up on this:
View attachment 981562
It makes a great insect repellant.

Hope all goes well and the rules and restrictions don’t affect your holiday here. ☺🤞🏻
Ooh great thank you so much! I really hope so too, we are so excited. The place we are staying in looks incredible, it's a chalet on a private estate right next to a loch!!!

• Heart
Orlando in October for our honeymoon 🤞! Not really planning anywhere else at the moment as we have the wedding and then we are hoping to move house next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We had a cruise booked to Jamaica for my 40th in February but its been cancelled. So we're off to Norway to hopefully see the Northern Lights instead. First proper holiday for 2 years, we just had a few short caravan holidays where we could in 2020/21.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We have just come back from ten days in Mauritius… wouldn’t necessarily go back but nice for some sun and covid wise the requirements weren’t ridiculous.

I know some people are waiting till things go back to ‘normal’ but I honestly don’t think they ever will or certainly not anytime soon so I say get your holidays booked! ☀☀☀

We also have weddings in Seville and Italy in June and August as well as our own wedding in November so it’s going to be an expensive year 😭 though I suppose there’s worse problems to have!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Cyprus in May, went for the first time last year as it was somewhere warm for October with reasonable Covid restrictions, and really enjoyed it. Hopefully USA in September, been trying to go since last May so hoping we finally get there. Starting in Chicago then flight down to Las Vegas for a week all going well.

Reactions: 5
Off to Madeira next week for 10 days.
Looking forward to some sun, long hikes and sea swimming, that doesn’t involve layers of neoprene to keep me from freezing to death 😂

We go away usually between each work contract but don’t decide where until a couple of weeks before, unless it’s somewhere we have in mind that involves visas. We once decided on a destination at the airport by looking at the departure board and buying a ticket 🎫 😎
what is it that you do if i may ask and are they looking for employees? 😏

eta: started the year off on holiday in germany and just came back a few days ago so not thinking of anything else yet/don't have anything booked. possibly ireland in either spring or autumn 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
what is it that you do if i may ask and are they looking for employees? 😏

eta: started the year off on holiday in germany and just came back a few days ago so not thinking of anything else yet/don't have anything booked. possibly ireland in either spring or autumn 😊
lovely! which part of Ireland are you thinking? My boyfriend is northern Irish so we go back quite often, county down way, Its stunning!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
lovely! which part of Ireland are you thinking? My boyfriend is northern Irish so we go back quite often, county down way, Its stunning!
i love northern ireland 😍 one of the most beautiful places i've been to.
we're thinking galway!

• Heart
New York next week 💃🏽 and a few other things booked abroad but taking it as it comes as god knows what will happen 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Scotland in June and Leicester in August booked so far. Got some time off in July and September incase I have spare money to go abroad. Looking at either Turkey in July or Jordan in September but probably won’t end up booking either. I’ll most likely book Thailand in April 2023 instead, I’d book it now and slowly pay it off but they have a 10% discount right now on 2023 holidays but hoping they’ll have better discounts through the year so I’ll book it then 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.