Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know the travel rules to Turkey please? Whether I need to do a PCR before I leave/return?

I am fully vaccinated btw
you don't need a test if you're vaccinated but you need to fill out a traveler entry form šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 1
you don't need a test if you're vaccinated but you need to fill out a traveler entry form šŸ˜Š
Thank you so much! Do you know if I need to quarantine at all? I also have the NHS Covid QR code on my phone, is this enough to prove Iā€™m vaccinated?

my sister is not vaccinated, do you know how the rules are different for her?

sorry for all the questions šŸ˜­ I canā€™t understand the gov website at all!

Thank you so much! Do you know if I need to quarantine at all? I also have the NHS Covid QR code on my phone, is this enough to prove Iā€™m vaccinated?

my sister is not vaccinated, do you know how the rules are different for her?

sorry for all the questions šŸ˜­ I canā€™t understand the gov website at all!
from what i see at the moment you don't have to quarantine, and your sister will have to get tested with either a pcr or rapid test! the nhs code should be fine šŸ˜Š when are you going?

• Heart
from what i see at the moment you don't have to quarantine, and your sister will have to get tested with either a pcr or rapid test! the nhs code should be fine šŸ˜Š when are you going?
Im going next Friday! I went to Dubai a few months ago and it was such a hassle getting PCRs constantly - I had to get 3 in total and isolate, even though I was vaccinated and tested negative.

I was worried it would be the same for Turkey, thank you for clearing it up for me :)

• Heart
Booked my first holiday abroad 2 years ago. Got cancelled because of covid... trying again very soon for end of September/beginning of October. What would people recommend for their first holiday abroad and what companies for package deals/ all inclusive :) thanks.. thinking either salou or Portugal with my mum too

• Heart
Im going next Friday! I went to Dubai a few months ago and it was such a hassle getting PCRs constantly - I had to get 3 in total and isolate, even though I was vaccinated and tested negative.

I was worried it would be the same for Turkey, thank you for clearing it up for me :)
turkey seems to be quite simple when it comes to travel during covid šŸ˜Š you're welcome, i hope you have an amazing time!

• Heart
And it looks like my holidays will be a weekend in Wales and a week in Scotland.

• Heart
How does everyone book their holidays? My holiday booking knowledge doesnā€™t go beyond TUI/Virgin lol
We book flights directly. Hotels/apartments it depends. I'm a big fan of hotels.com as you get a free night with them for every 10 you book and stay. I also do book hotels directly a lot as well as that tends to be where you can often get good offers.

Booked my first holiday abroad 2 years ago. Got cancelled because of covid... trying again very soon for end of September/beginning of October. What would people recommend for their first holiday abroad and what companies for package deals/ all inclusive :) thanks.. thinking either salou or Portugal with my mum too
If you are looking for the stereotypical sun and fun type package type holiday then its very difficult to go wrong with Spain! Salou is fun as it has Port Aventura close by if you are into theme parks - its a great one! Its also not too far from Barcelona for a day trip for cultural activities or to go shopping.

We are not package holiday type people at all but went to Tenerife for a week last year and it was actually really lovely. The weather was gorgeous and it was so relaxing - they have an amazing water park there called Siam Park which was so good and they do a cool excursion where you go up the mountain and watch the sunset then stargaze.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m travelling by Eurostar in February to Paris, I need to present a negative Antigen or PCR test - I had covid at Christmas and so did my best friend who I will be travelling with, so will both be traveling within 90 days of a positive result. Are we best going for an antigen one instead of PCR?

Iā€™m travelling by Eurostar in February to Paris, I need to present a negative Antigen or PCR test - I had covid at Christmas and so did my best friend who I will be travelling with, so will both be traveling within 90 days of a positive result. Are we best going for an antigen one instead of PCR?
Yes the PCR is the one likely to pick up an old virus. If antigen is allowed I think its always the one to go for anyway as it tends to be cheaper and a lot faster results

Weā€™re looking at going to Toronto next year. Any advice on who is best to book flights with. Thinking of either June or September. Has anyone been at those times?

i think this is the best time to visit Toronto, not too cold not too hot. I visited in August 2018 during a HEATWAVE and I regretted it and then April 2019 and it was just way too rainy and cold for me.

You should try Yorkville crepes if you are a crepe lover like me :love:

when did you visit Dubai? I flew to Dubai from Greece in September and I only needed one PCR test before arrival. I was also vaccinated.

i think this is the best time to visit Toronto, not too cold not too hot. I visited in August 2018 during a HEATWAVE and I regretted it and then April 2019 and it was just way too rainy and cold for me.

You should try Yorkville crepes if you are a crepe lover like me :love:

when did you visit Dubai? I flew to Dubai from Greece in September and I only needed one PCR test before arrival. I was also vaccinated.
I also went in September! But they said I needed one PCR before travel, as well as a PCR before I left (48 hours before travel, I did this in the hotel), and a test when I came back. As well as a passenger locator form

Just a heads up, bring a supply of medical grade masks because here in Germany they do not allow us to wear cloth masks. This goes for shops, restaurants, places of interest, public transport, offices, any public indoor place. Also applies to some outdoor events.

Also, in some states itā€™s even stricter, where it has to be the n95 (the muzzle type mask) only, and they may extend this nationwide, so you may have to bring a supply of these (theyā€™re available here but you donā€™t really want to waste time sourcing masks while youā€™re on vacation).
Thanks for the heads up, my Husband is going to Germany for work in 2 weeks and was not aware of this. In his UK office they have been provided with several company logo fabric masks to wear on site. But are not using medical masks - hubby will talk to his boss on Monday about them providing more appropriate masks for his trip to avoid a scene!

More on topic we have a week booked in Cornwall in June and have a week booked off work in September but no firm plans of where we want to go yet. But will be somewhere in England as i don't fly!!

Reactions: 2
I also went in September! But they said I needed one PCR before travel, as well as a PCR before I left (48 hours before travel, I did this in the hotel), and a test when I came back. As well as a passenger locator form

The second and third PCR tests were required for your arrival back to your country if I understood correctly. Every country has different requirements.. I stayed in Voco Hotel and the view was amazing! Where did you stay if I may ask?

The second and third PCR tests were required for your arrival back to your country if I understood correctly. Every country has different requirements.. I stayed in Voco Hotel and the view was amazing! Where did you stay if I may ask?
Yes I needed them to travel back to England. I stayed in Jumeriah Al Qasr - absolutely incredible hotel, the best Iā€™ve stayed in, in Dubai. And I go to Dubai every year :) highly recommend

Iā€™ve not stayed in the Voco, how was it?

Yes I needed them to travel back to England. I stayed in Jumeriah Al Qasr - absolutely incredible hotel, the best Iā€™ve stayed in, in Dubai. And I go to Dubai every year :) highly recommend

Iā€™ve not stayed in the Voco, how was it?
Pre covid I went to Dubai twice, service at jumeirah zabeel saray was great, the palm was distinctly mediocre.

Hopefully off Dubai next month to stay at the jumeirah Mina a Salam and canā€™t wait!

Any restaurant recommendations?

Pre covid I went to Dubai twice, service at jumeirah zabeel saray was great, the palm was distinctly mediocre.

Hopefully off Dubai next month to stay at the jumeirah Mina a Salam and canā€™t wait!

Any restaurant recommendations?
Mina a Salam is gorgeous, itā€™s definitely on my list :) love that you have a gorgeous beach close by and youā€™re not too far from downtown either

with Al Qasr we requested half board, so we could have breakfast and then either lunch/dinner included and it was the best thing. We would have breakfast, go out for the day, and have a lovely dinner in the evening in one of the restaurants nearby (they let you have a starter, main and dessert). If you can do this I highly recommend, the restaurants are actually really good! (Attached picture of our favourite one - Villa beach, with the best view)

In terms of other restaurants, what cuisine do you like? Some of my faves are Scalini, Nobu, Bosporus, the Shakespeare and co cafe is amazing for lunch, eggspectation for breakfast, Abd el wahab (amazing view of fountain, but gets crowded in evenings) :)

Attachments

Mina a Salam is gorgeous, itā€™s definitely on my list :) love that you have a gorgeous beach close by and youā€™re not too far from downtown either

with Al Qasr we requested half board, so we could have breakfast and then either lunch/dinner included and it was the best thing. We would have breakfast, go out for the day, and have a lovely dinner in the evening in one of the restaurants nearby (they let you have a starter, main and dessert). If you can do this I highly recommend, the restaurants are actually really good! (Attached picture of our favourite one - Villa beach, with the best view)

In terms of other restaurants, what cuisine do you like? Some of my faves are Scalini, Nobu, Bosporus, the Shakespeare and co cafe is amazing for lunch, eggspectation for breakfast, Abd el wahab (amazing view of fountain, but gets crowded in evenings) :)
Iā€™m taking down all these Dubai tips and tricks, Iā€™d really like to go and so would my boyfriend. My brother in law will always stress that Abu Dhabi is better though šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Iā€™m taking down all these Dubai tips and tricks, Iā€™d really like to go and so would my boyfriend. My brother in law will always stress that Abu Dhabi is better though šŸ˜‚
Definitely go! Itā€™s beautiful :) and youā€™re always guaranteed good weather ā˜ŗ Abu Dhabi is nice too, I wanted to visit but they were so strict with covid rules and required me to take another PCR to enter šŸ˜­

one place in Dubai that I highly recommend is global village, itā€™s a huge amusement park with entrances to different ā€œcountriesā€, where you can sample food from that country, local gifts etc. thereā€™s also a theme park and they do regular shows like dancing :) I donā€™t think itā€™s open for the entire year though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.