Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m travelling by Eurostar in February to Paris, I need to present a negative Antigen or PCR test - I had covid at Christmas and so did my best friend who I will be travelling with, so will both be traveling within 90 days of a positive result. Are we best going for an antigen one instead of PCR?
you can enter France with an antigen test! you'll need to wear a mask almost everywhere and show your covid certificate when entering places.

Reactions: 1
you can enter France with an antigen test! you'll need to wear a mask almost everywhere and show your covid certificate when entering places.
Yes! We’re going to get antigen tests those of who’ve had covid recently! Have you been recently? 😊

Yes! We’re going to get antigen tests those of who’ve had covid recently! Have you been recently? 😊
yes, my bf is from there and we live in Spain so we've been back and forth a bit 😊 - wrap up warm because it's very cold atm!

I came back from Barbados just before xmas and it was amazing, 3rd time and still love it. Got my favourite greek island skiathos booked in the summer and California in October. Can someone rob a bank for me because christ knows where the spending money will come from 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yes, my bf is from there and we live in Spain so we've been back and forth a bit 😊 - wrap up warm because it's very cold atm!
ah thank you! What is the ruling on masks? do you need them when walking in the streets or just when you’re going inside to like restaurants/bars/shops etc - please feel free to send any recommendations you have! my best friend and i went when we were younger but we can’t remember where we ate! Is it cold end of february there?
I came back from Barbados just before xmas and it was amazing, 3rd time and still love it. Got my favourite greek island skiathos booked in the summer and California in October. Can someone rob a bank for me because christ knows where the spending money will come from 🥴
I’m going to Barbados next year for my brother in laws wedding! Where did you stay?

ah thank you! What is the ruling on masks? do you need them when walking in the streets or just when you’re going inside to like restaurants/bars/shops etc - please feel free to send any recommendations you have! my best friend and i went when we were younger but we can’t remember where we ate! Is it cold end of february there?
I’m going to Barbados next year for my brother in laws wedding! Where did you stay?
St Lawrence gap,

I’m going to Barbados this year. Was the curfew in place when you visited and if so, did it affect you doing things off resort? Thanks x

anywhere that's highly pedestrianised you'll need to wear a mask, so like a high street for example. Le Marais is a nice neighbourhood in the centre, with good street food etc and Montmartre is another neighbourhood, it's built on a hill and there's a church at the top but if you walk up there's lots of nice bars/cafes/shops plus you'll have a nice view! If you're under 26 all the museums are free and if you want to go the louvre there's a shopping centre around the corner which you can use to enter the museum and you'll queue for maybe 10 mins rather than an hour! 😏😏😏
There's an Italian restaurant called Pink Mamma which is affordable, has really nice decoration inside and is v popular - you'll need to reserve before you go!

Had anyone been to both north and south Thailand, if so which did you prefer?
The only party of Northern Thailand I've visited is Chiang Mai and I would thoroughly recommend it. It was a wonderful city - small but so much to do. We did a Temple Tour including visting the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep which is incredible.

The South however is beautiful in a different way - the beaches and islands in Thailand are truly unlike anything else. I particularly loved Krabi in the south.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever been to Costa Rica? Thoughts?

Looking at honeymoons for next July- also thinking Dubai & Bali (one trip). Anyone have any other recommendations??! Thanks!!

Just seen Dubai (according to emirates website) changed their rules for uk from start of January. Pcr 48 hours prior and needs a qr code on results.

I’ve booked with randox, anyone know if they include a qr code on their pcr?

6838C174-362B-427D-A96E-BE751B871ADC.jpeg
Just have a question as all these rules confuse me! So if my flight to get there (with layovers) would take over 10hours is this breaking the rules? Or does this just mean if I flew to Jordan and Jordan was the layover that time would have to be under 10hours? I think it’s the second but it confuses me! (Hope this makes sense!)

View attachment 1016269Just have a question as all these rules confuse me! So if my flight to get there (with layovers) would take over 10hours is this breaking the rules? Or does this just mean if I flew to Jordan and Jordan was the layover that time would have to be under 10hours? I think it’s the second but it confuses me! (Hope this makes sense!)
Yeah I think you wouldn't be able to stay more than 10 hours if you're just transferring through Jordan.

But I feel your pain. Just spent an hour googling PCR test to make sure I have a suitable for dubai and its stressful!

Yeah I think you wouldn't be able to stay more than 10 hours if you're just transferring through Jordan.

But I feel your pain. Just spent an hour googling PCR test to make sure I have a suitable for dubai and its stressful!
Thank you! The cheapest flight without self transfer I can find is 13hours in total with a 7hour connection in Germany. It also confuses me do I look at the entry requirements for Jordan as though I’m coming from Germany or the UK 😭🤷‍♀️ Its not until October maybe things will change by then!

Ok just booked to go to Jordan, one of the top 3 places I want to go. Probably shouldn’t have booked as I’m buying a house so should be saving but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Just seen Dubai (according to emirates website) changed their rules for uk from start of January. Pcr 48 hours prior and needs a qr code on results.

I’ve booked with randox, anyone know if they include a qr code on their pcr?
I've done a fit to fly antigen test to go to Italy with Randox and there was a QR code on that and also have done a day 2 with them (PCR) and it had a QR code too so it seems likely their pre flying PCR would have one as well.

I am having to move my holiday to Italy to be earlier as they are bringing a rule in from 1st feb that you have to have had your last vaccine within 180 days! I got boosted on 19th December so 180 days takes me to 17th June… I fly on 20th June!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I am having to move my holiday to Italy to be earlier as they are bringing a rule in from 1st feb that you have to have had your last vaccine within 180 days! I got boosted on 19th December so 180 days takes me to 17th June… I fly on 20th June!
That seems totally unsustainable on their part. I wonder when they are hoping to get rid of their entry restrictions.

We were in Italy in November and they were extremely strict about showing vaccine proof everywhere.

That's weird.... so are Italians getting jabbed every 6 months?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.