Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 2 holidays overseas booked so far, May do another 2/3 short breaks too.

Going to Gdansk. The booking part was just like normal. Found the flights on Ryanair and then just googled hotels and chose one I liked the look of. Not bad prices either. Last thing I need to do is book a driver which should be easy enough. The flights with Ryanair came with insurance also. I just bit the bullet and booked - prices just seem to fluctuate so much at the moment
Amazing place, My favorite Polish City. Definitely recommend the WW2 museum and if it’s still there, the big wheel has the best views. Loved just walking around the old town and soaking up the atmosphere. We just jumped in a cab at the airport, very easy to do and cheap.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just a heads up, bring a supply of medical grade masks because here in Germany they do not allow us to wear cloth masks. This goes for shops, restaurants, places of interest, public transport, offices, any public indoor place. Also applies to some outdoor events.

Also, in some states it’s even stricter, where it has to be the n95 (the muzzle type mask) only, and they may extend this nationwide, so you may have to bring a supply of these (they’re available here but you don’t really want to waste time sourcing masks while you’re on vacation).

Businesses and restaurants operate on a ‘g’ system, 2g, 3g or 2g+, which tells you who needs what in terms of vaccinations/test results in order to enter. Exceptions are grocery stores and pharmacies who don’t check vaccine status as they are essential services.

Scroll down a little and it shows you what all the g’s mean.
Thank you so much for this

I was reading this last night before bed and was going to post that I have Paris booked with my girls for end of February and was hoping France would open up as I didn’t wanna deal with the fact Eurostar don’t refund AND charge you to transfer it and make you pay any difference 🙄 and thankfully France have said today that they’ll be open up again for tourists so wahoooo!!!

UK wise, I only have a centre parcs trip with family in February and my boyfriend and I got loads of spa seekers vouchers for Christmas so need to decide where to use them and when.

I do have Orlando/Disneyworld booked with TUI for end of September/start of October with my boyfriend but I think we’re gonna transfer it to another destination as it’ll have been 3 years since we’ve had a summer/beach holiday (we have got Barbados booked for April 2023 for a wedding but that’s too long to wait) and if i’m honest - I joined an Orlando group on facebook and it’s given me serious ick. I’d LOVE to go just not yet now after this pandemic. Also we’d really like to go back to New York but in December time too as first time we went I was sick whilst there so definitely feels like some unfinished business (plus I’d love it if my boyfriend proposed to me there 🤣🤣🤣🤣) Have found a really good deal for NY in the BA sale.

Just need to decide where to go for our beach holiday and when - we would normally go Carribean during our winter, we’re thinking within Europe like Greece/Croatia/Portugal/Italy etc but just not sure where so if anyone has any hotel suggestions or places to stay then hit me up!!! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
why is everyone going to orlando? 😄
I just like Orlando. I’ve been twice and I really enjoy it. The weather is good, there’s lots to do and we can properly relax there. It’s an each to their own kind of thing I guess!

Reactions: 3
I just like Orlando. I’ve been twice and I really enjoy it. The weather is good, there’s lots to do and we can properly relax there. It’s an each to their own kind of thing I guess!
i just meant because so many on the thread have mentioned it - is it a really popular travel destination in the uk?

i just meant because so many on the thread have mentioned it - is it a really popular travel destination in the uk?
I know what you meant, I was just saying, cause lots of people like it 😃

Yeah it is a really popular travel destination for us in the UK. A few places in the USA are for us in the UK I guess. :)

I was reading this last night before bed and was going to post that I have Paris booked with my girls for end of February and was hoping France would open up as I didn’t wanna deal with the fact Eurostar don’t refund AND charge you to transfer it and make you pay any difference 🙄 and thankfully France have said today that they’ll be open up again for tourists so wahoooo!!!

UK wise, I only have a centre parcs trip with family in February and my boyfriend and I got loads of spa seekers vouchers for Christmas so need to decide where to use them and when.

I do have Orlando/Disneyworld booked with TUI for end of September/start of October with my boyfriend but I think we’re gonna transfer it to another destination as it’ll have been 3 years since we’ve had a summer/beach holiday (we have got Barbados booked for April 2023 for a wedding but that’s too long to wait) and if i’m honest - I joined an Orlando group on facebook and it’s given me serious ick. I’d LOVE to go just not yet now after this pandemic. Also we’d really like to go back to New York but in December time too as first time we went I was sick whilst there so definitely feels like some unfinished business (plus I’d love it if my boyfriend proposed to me there 🤣🤣🤣🤣) Have found a really good deal for NY in the BA sale.

Just need to decide where to go for our beach holiday and when - we would normally go Carribean during our winter, we’re thinking within Europe like Greece/Croatia/Portugal/Italy etc but just not sure where so if anyone has any hotel suggestions or places to stay then hit me up!!! xx
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik is fantastic, outside of the centre.

Only issue if you're looking at a beach holiday the beaches are stone and not sand.

Lots of lovely island trips from there too.

A few UK trips this year plus hopefully Rome sometime when the schools go back after summer.

• Heart
why is everyone going to orlando? 😄
Its the main tourist destination in the US I'd say for UK/Ireland people. Very popular for family holidays due to the theme parks.
Croatia is beautiful. We visited Dubrovnik and stayed on the Lapad peninsula - hotel was a beautiful big one on the sea and the bus to Dubrovnik centre was cheap and only about 20 mins.

Sorrento in Italy is not really 'beachy' but I loved it. Great food, lots to do and the Amalfi coast is close by too.

• Heart
I stayed in Cavtat when I went to Croatia, right near Dubrovnik for a day trip but a nice quiet village by the sea to retreat to after with still a lot of bars/restaurants

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Great thread! Got quite a few plans for this year. So far, we’re going to Dublin for a few nights in February, and a week in Greece in May.

Also plan for a European city break in September.- maybe Lisbon or Madrid. We’re also looking at Spain or canaries in either March or June for a week. Have easyjet vouchers to use, and got some Airbnb vouchers for Christmas presents, so that particular holiday will be very cheap.
We will take the van away for weekends here and therein the UK during the summer, when we get good weather
Has everyone realised we’re getting an extra bank holiday this year!!
wr’ll definitely be taking advantage of that, and planning a long weekend away somewhere outside of the uk😀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Great thread! Got quite a few plans for this year. So far, we’re going to Dublin for a few nights in February, and a week in Greece in May.

Also plan for a European city break in September.- maybe Lisbon or Madrid. We’re also looking at Spain or canaries in either March or June for a week. Have easyjet vouchers to use, and got some Airbnb vouchers for Christmas presents, so that particular holiday will be very cheap.
We will take the van away for weekends here and therein the UK during the summer, when we get good weather
Has everyone realised we’re getting an extra bank holiday this year!!
wr’ll definitely be taking advantage of that, and planning a long weekend away somewhere outside of the uk😀
Just a heads up there are quite strict restrictions in Ireland at the moment that are due to last up to the 30th of Jan but keep an eye if they are extended or not. Restaurants, bars and pubs have to close at 8pm as do cinemas theatres etc. Different rules if you are a resident in a hotel but just to bear in mind 😀

Thank you. We are up to date with all restrictions in ireland, we’re going to see family.

Its the main tourist destination in the US I'd say for UK/Ireland people. Very popular for family holidays due to the theme parks.

Croatia is beautiful. We visited Dubrovnik and stayed on the Lapad peninsula - hotel was a beautiful big one on the sea and the bus to Dubrovnik centre was cheap and only about 20 mins.

Sorrento in Italy is not really 'beachy' but I loved it. Great food, lots to do and the Amalfi coast is close by too.
That's where hotel Kompas is on the Lapad peninsula, fantastic!

• Heart
That's where hotel Kompas is on the Lapad peninsula, fantastic!
Yes theres lots of beautiful hotels out that area. Great spot to stay in and still so close to the city. The water on the coast is so beautiful in Croatia, very clear and calm.

• Heart
Just a heads up there are quite strict restrictions in Ireland at the moment that are due to last up to the 30th of Jan but keep an eye if they are extended or not. Restaurants, bars and pubs have to close at 8pm as do cinemas theatres etc. Different rules if you are a resident in a hotel but just to bear in mind 😀
This is what puts me off going abroad. I really do want to go back to Dublin one day.

Looking to book to go to Spain this year, we’ve got family who live in Gibraltar so will stay somewhere on the Costa del Sol.

Got a young daughter so think anything else will be UK based, not sure where though, maybe Wales.

We’re looking at going to Toronto next year. Any advice on who is best to book flights with. Thinking of either June or September. Has anyone been at those times?

We’re going to Zakynthos in the summer holidays. Changed from a holiday to Cyprus which couldn’t go ahead for a family wedding last year.

Our last family holiday was 2017 so we can’t bloody wait. We’ve booked all inclusive (cocktails are included in this!) and have two swim up rooms next to each other 😍 the AI also allows us to use the water park in the area so the kids will love that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.