Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Evening all 😄

has anyone been to Marmaris in Turkey recently? I’d like to know whats the shops situation, are they all open or are some shut/low stock of stuff? Also, did you change money over here or over there? What’s better value for money?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Why can’t you just tell him he’s being an awkward bastard?! Why are you walking on eggshells?! If he’s your “best friend” you should be able to just tell him instead of all this cloak &
Dagger.
We are going to book it in person so I’ll say something then rather over message

Catherinez

Does anyone have any Mallorca recommendations please? I’m looking at going for 4/5 days in October, and I really like the look of Soller but if anyone has any info or advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
We went in July and September, so chose east coast places as were wanting to avoid monsoon weather in West at that time , so make sure you take this into account when planning your trip.....early in year sounds like it would be good time for your adventire and maybe you could do trek and friend could join you afterwords ?
We did a Thai cookery lesson and had a great time going to the market and seeing all the exotic looking fruit and vegetables as well as strange looking fish!....I also particularly liked spending time in the spa and treating myself to some incredible massages!
....however would love to go to Chang Mai and Krabi or Khao Lak
Our daughter went to an elephant rescue sanctuary near Chang Mai ( which is ethical) and had a wonderful day caring for the elephants who had been mistreated by previous owners / abused for tourist reasons
I'd also love to go to Costa Rica ! ....in fact so many places I'd love to go ( daughter has inherited my travel genes and has been to several S American countries already )
I'm hoping to retire in a couple of years, so will have more time to travel ....just hope I have the health and money to do some more adventures!
Just realised I meant early 2024 (so far away 😭). Although depends what happens with my cars MOT next month. Tbh I think I’d enjoy it more on my own as my friend can be moody and complains a lot, went away with her for a few days last month and I couldn’t wait to come home. But then our other holiday in May was great. She normally can only be out a few hours a day and I just want to do more! It’s just I feel bad booking to go alone when we usually go away together.
I agree the Thai cooking class we did was great and the food was amazing.
Costa Rica would be amazing. I’d love to go as well I did look at going but I’d have to waste a day there and back traveling to London for the flights so I’d rather go somewhere I can a flight from Manchester easier. Machu Picchu would be a cool place to visit I know somewhere to went recently and they said it’s the best place they’ve been. Other places I’d love to go are the Galápagos Islands. I’d also love to go Everest base camp as I was obsessed with watching TV series/movies about Everest, although I’d have to get fit for that 😂
Hope it all goes well for you!

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I'm setting off on a cruise tomorrow with princess cruises.

Likewise a lot of it had to be done on the app.

But I think there is options to do it as you board but it will make the boarding process a lot slower.

My biggest gripe has been they told us we needed medically observed lateral flow tests and then yesterday changed it to normal lateral flows and no need to upload result!!! So we could have used one of our old NHS ones and just done the self declaration instead of spending £30 each on observed ones.

I believe you should have received your results by email with a certificate that you need to print off and take with you. But, of course, Princess may not be as awkward as Celebrity.

Have a wonderful holiday. 😘

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
When I landed in Manchester a few weeks ago they only had less than half of those self scan passport machines open despite a huge queue, what's that all about it's not like they need individually manning

HoGi

VIP Member
Has anyone flown with Tui recently and can advise on online check in for return flights?

Check in used to open 14 days before for outbound and inbound. But they have recently changed it to 48 hours before.

Checked in this morning for my Wednesday morning flight and got my outbound boarding passes but no option for inbound check in. It doesn't say when inbound check in will open. It just says check in complete!

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Very jealous of the Maldives/Seychelles chat, both very much on my bucket list but definitely not on our radar at the moment.

I have been thinking about potentially going to Rome in early October. Has anyone been recently and would recommend any hotels or areas to stay in? I have been before but when I was 18 and don't really remember much.
I’ve never been to Rome either but I’d love to! It’s only been an option for us over past couple of years as we are more settled and a bit older. We save monthly specifically for hols too but it’s certainly not something we’ve always done.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Don’t know if there is any point in asking and I’d have to phone so wondering if you guys think there is any chance. I booked my original flights but then noticed I accidentally selected the wrong one for the outbound flight (just wrong timing which meant I’d have 5 extra hours wait in between flights). I paid £70 to change the time of the flight to the one I wanted.

Now I’ve requested the refund since Lufthansa changed the time of the return flight. They are refunding me the original cost but not including the £70 that I paid to change the outward flight.

Do you think there is any point of my phoning to also try and get the £70 back? Or not point as they didn’t change the timing of that flight just the return flight. Although obviously both got cancelled for me when I requested the refund.

Sea

VIP Member
Silly question - regarding supervised antigen tests before international travel. Does it mean just going for a pcr at a testing base?
Or is it a private test
(And do you have to pay for this)

Miss polar

VIP Member
I’d second avoid sidari. We visited when ee were in Corfu while we were staying in another part of the island.
Wasn’t impressed!

Sunshine489

I'm looking to go away for a few night with my partner over Christmas (just the 2 of us in our mid 30s) we live in Spain so looking to travel to somewhere else in Europe. Has anyone been anywhere for Christmas Day that they would reccomend? I know most places close down but we are just looking for somewhere with some pubs and restaurants open.

JulesC

VIP Member
Has anyone got a private transfer from Palma airport in Majorca with a car seat? There’s 5 of us and we arrive late so don’t want to wait for shared shuttle plus it would take much longer to get to our hotel. Was looking at transfers through holiday extras (who also supply easyJet transfers) but they just don’t provide car seats. Anyone know any reputable companies in Majorca that do?

ETA: it’s for a nearly 3 year old so needs more than a booster.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks
Is there a reason you want to go to Greece? What you have described there is something you could easily find in Spain, the Balearic’s, Canaries etc etc etc

Miss polar

VIP Member
I’ve got a couple of nights in Newcastle soon. Got a great deal for the easy hotel for a couple of nights!

I’m thinking of Sofia or krakow for nov/dec. we just look at where the cheap flights go to with Ryanair from our nearest airport.
Been to krakow before. Has anyone been to Sofia?