Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Just Revelio'd at the wrong moment during the plight of the house elf quest and really scared myself 😱😱😱. Send help
I’m literally doing this mission now and oh my god, I was not prepared for this 😭😂 that bloody elf sending me down here, she’s getting sacked when I’m out of here!! Goodbye Penny

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
Ah I thought I might be a bit optimistic that the killing spell turns it into GTA 🤪

I'm using a cheat thing on the pc to make spells instantly recover and unlimited money. Maybe I'm missing the point of it but I want to do the story, I've got no interest in decorating a virtual room or playing Pokémon stuff. Id rather just speed up the game 50x than wait for a seed to grow

• Haha

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I’ve been watching all the gameplay videos that came out yesterday and my god, it just looks incredible.
It’s not making the wait any easier 😂😭

What house is everyone hoping/going to restart the game for?
I’ll accept nothing less than Ravenclaw. A friend of mine was saying she’s just going to see what house she gets and go with that. I can’t understand that kind of crazy 😱
I have mine linked up to my fan account so I'll be in Slytherin for my first playthrough, an have my own wand as well, I believe you select your house or you can change it, I want to play through all 4 houses an be evil/good so I can get the multiple endings

Am the same with watching all the playthroughs, I think I'll easily spend the first few hours just exploring an flying about 😅

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Sorry not HP related, but does anyone play Disney Dreamlight Valley? I’m thinking of purchasing🤩

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I'm a big HP fan but I've never been a "gamer" at all. The only game I've played is The Sims 😂 I don't have a console but do have a decent laptop, is it worth getting or should I not bother.
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.
Even if you are a non gamer it's such a good game because I feel it's a really strong story to it an although I feel like poppy an Natty's storys aren't strong, Sebastians is

I'd recommend putting it on story mode, it still offers that little bit of a challenge but will let you enjoy the game without stressing over the controls if you aren't used to it, the difficulty can be changed at any time so even if you get a bit through it an feel you want that little more of a challenge then you can put it up

LittleMy

VIP Member
I seem to be in the minority of not liking Ominis.
But I'm always one for sticking to first impressions 😂
Same as the broom racing girl. Can't remember her name. She was a b**ch to start with and I've stuck to my first impression 😂
I can’t stand Imelda either. Instant dislike for the stuck-up cow. 😂

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I bought this for my son’s switch so I can play on it when he goes to bed. I’m not a gamer at all - I’ve only played Animal Crossing recently and things like Mario and Sonic 20-25 years ago but I love Harry Potter so thought I’d give it a go. My god I am baffled! I started it on normal mode but have had to drop to easy, really contemplating story mode now! Ive managed to get to level 10 through what my husband keeps referring to as just “button bashing”. I’m loving the stuff in the school and the problem solving stuff but hating all the forbidden forest bits and fighting statues etc, especially the spiders as I hate spiders! I’ve genuinely ended up with a sore hand and wrist tonight from frantically trying to complete Percival Rackham’s trial - managed to make it to the final boss and had to give up as I was demented!

• Haha

anniemouse

VIP Member
I’m on my second play through, also in Slytherin too. It’s pretty much all I’ve done for the last few days 😂 I’m actually enjoying it more second time round as I feel like the pressure is off to complete it or get to a certain level.
I’m on a second play through too on Steam Deck, I’m enjoying it more too and I completed a Merlin trial I was stuck with on my first play

• Heart
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.
He does sounds awful! As the others have said I was a bit worried playing as my eye hand coordination isn’t great. I haven’t played a PS5 game for years! As you’re running around quite a lot you do get used to it. I have it on easy which massively helps. I’m sure you will enjoy it though!

Has anyone played it on a laptop? I don’t have a console
My friend has it for her PC and said it’s good just trying to get used to the controls.

anniemouse

VIP Member
I've only started and I'm ready for giving up 😆 I'm at my first class doing the dueling and I can't seen to defeat him!
Remember just the basic cast. So if you have levioso, send him up in the air and a few basic casts straight after each other

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I love that we all hate her 😅 I don't think I know anyone who likes her, she's such a stuck up bitch an every course she has something snarky to say lol

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
The morality really doesn't matter in Hogwarts Legacy which is what I find odd.

As a student you can bunk off class and roam about freely attacking poachers, goblins, trolls spiders etc. 😄 Later in the game you can learn the unforgivable curses and use them because it's quicker to get rid of an enemy with 'Avada Kedavra' than using a bunch of other spells. There's no punishment for this and going round killing everything in sight appears to be quite a good strategy.

So there's no advantage for making more moral choices and its ok to steal everything. I think this is the biggest failing of the game along with the lack of relationship building.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m really enjoying this game - though there are some things I’d change. Really like the arachnophobia setting, such a thoughtful thing to add in. I’m playing it on story mode like I do with all games that offer it!

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
Just Revelio'd at the wrong moment during the plight of the house elf quest and really scared myself 😱😱😱. Send help

• Haha

fudgebox

VIP Member
I think I had mine on hard and gave up because I couldn’t get past one quest! I might try it again but change to easy😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Imelda is massively annoying. I'm not sure about consoles but on PC I'm finding it very difficult to fly. I can just about do it and then I hit one of those speed bubbles and :eek:

Not sure I'll ever be able to beat her at the time trial.
Consoles are a bit tricky as well, I always find it pulling to one side an when I try to fix it then it just goes mental 😂

Have you have the upgrades yet? It gets slightly better with the upgrades, the faster you can go the more you can seem to control it

Reactions: 2