Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
To be fair, the side quests actually help a ton in leveling you up as most talent points are locked behind levels an man does it get hard real quick 😅 I've finally gotten to Christmas with mine judging by the Xmas trees up around hogsmeade an the school

I never noticed it before but it actually goes through the holidays in stages, at first when it first turned autumn there was only a few pumpkins about the school an none in hogsmeade then the more I done the more pumpkins appeared until eventually hogsmeade and the school was covered with them, it's the same with winter, it only started off as some garland around the place an now I've got Xmas trees, I absolutely adore those little touches they added where you see the seasons progress like that an it's not just like here's winter so here's Xmas trees now 😂

Also I'll be curious to know if any of you choose the dark arts path where you pick the unforgivables, I obviously picked to learn them but if anyone doesn't I'll be curious to know how the story goes, especially with Sebastian as he's the one who teaches you it an when you go to his village he uses it to save Ann, so would like to know how that part goes

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm 16 hours in and I haven't managed to learn the killing spell :(

Really hoping I'll get the opportunity soon (I've told Sebastian I'm interested in the dark arts) and then I'll get Imelda mid flight 😆. I'm sadly guessing that's not how it works.

• Haha

kazizzle

VIP Member
To be fair, the side quests actually help a ton in leveling you up as most talent points are locked behind levels an man does it get hard real quick 😅 I've finally gotten to Christmas with mine judging by the Xmas trees up around hogsmeade an the school

I never noticed it before but it actually goes through the holidays in stages, at first when it first turned autumn there was only a few pumpkins about the school an none in hogsmeade then the more I done the more pumpkins appeared until eventually hogsmeade and the school was covered with them, it's the same with winter, it only started off as some garland around the place an now I've got Xmas trees, I absolutely adore those little touches they added where you see the seasons progress like that an it's not just like here's winter so here's Xmas trees now 😂

Also I'll be curious to know if any of you choose the dark arts path where you pick the unforgivables, I obviously picked to learn them but if anyone doesn't I'll be curious to know how the story goes, especially with Sebastian as he's the one who teaches you it an when you go to his village he uses it to save Ann, so would like to know how that part goes
My game just switched in to autumn. It’s so clever how they’ve got these little details.

I’m probably not going to learn them on this playthrough but my other half is doing a “dark wizard run” as he says, and he’s desperate to learn them 😂

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
I FOUND MY PEOPLE! I've got to a part where there are 2 quests that are spider related and I'm just like NOPE. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself 😂

MissFlowers

They’re just fun extras as far as I know, but you can win a trophy for casting Flipendo on 20 Highland cows which is hilarious. I felt a bit bad doing it to them but they were fine. 😂
I’ve seen that trophy but struggle to flipendo the cows 😂
I’m playing as a hufflepuff and I said to my partner than my next run through I’m going to be a slytherin and just be awful to everyone and everything and I can’t wait 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

kazizzle

VIP Member
I’m a Hufflepuff so went to Azkaban and it was pretty cool. But yeah that whole quest with the spider cave was 😬 it took me so many attempts but did the whole thing in the end with just one health potion and I have no idea how.

strawb

VIP Member
the new harry potter game is coming february 10 - any chance someone is planning to buy/has preordered it? i saw this video today on instagram and now i cannot wait:

Yel

Chatty Member
Ok maybe I'm an idiot, apparently you press shift to go quick then hold down W to then use the mouse to stear. Not sure why they even allow you to use the keys to turn as it's so difficult. Using the mouse it's easy. Take that Imelda!

strawb

VIP Member
just when i thought the game couldn't possibly be better... the seasons changed to winter 😍

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
I'm 16 hours in and I haven't managed to learn the killing spell :(

Really hoping I'll get the opportunity soon (I've told Sebastian I'm interested in the dark arts) and then I'll get Imelda mid flight 😆. I'm sadly guessing that's not how it works.
I didn't get the killing spell until right near the end!
Think I was about 40 hours in!
It's the very last one you learn.

There's 3 dark arts spells to learn and that's the last one!

kazizzle

VIP Member
First playthrough I was a Slytherin witch an was nice to others an done what they asked but choose the dark path for spells

Ravenclaw is my wizard an he's gonna be an asshole to others 😅 but am gonna pick the good path an not get the unforgivables

Hufflepuff is now my 3rd an I'll prob go wizard an nice to everyone plus do a good path

Gryffindor am just gonna be an asshole witch to them all plus pick the dark path
I’m Hufflepuff and have been a proper goodie two shoes and not gone for the unforgivables. My other half is basically doing the same Slytherin playthrough that you did and I think I’m going to do a similar Gryffindor run too. In my head I also think a Ravenclaw would get the unforgivables in their quest for knowledge so it may be Hufflepuff is my only non-dark playthrough!

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m literally doing this mission now and oh my god, I was not prepared for this 😭😂 that bloody elf sending me down here, she’s getting sacked when I’m out of here!! Goodbye Penny
You’re meaning the haunted shop one? 😂

Penny is a little shit for that though - my husband said she reminded him of Jean Slater from Eastenders 💀

Deek sends you on the plight of the House Elf quest into the cave full of eight-legged creatures 😬

RIP Tobbs 😢

Does anyone else get motion sickness from all the running up and down spiral staircases or is it just me? 😂

• Haha

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I play on story mode and I’ve still loved it! Think I’d have given up if they didn’t have such an easy setting 😳

Snippysnips

VIP Member
They’re just fun extras as far as I know, but you can win a trophy for casting Flipendo on 20 Highland cows which is hilarious. I felt a bit bad doing it to them but they were fine. 😂
You also get it if it's the same cow but just done 20 times, I had fun with that one, got it all the way down the hill 😅

• Haha

strawb

VIP Member
Installed last night on my 6 year old gaming laptop (i7 with lower range at the time 4gb video card) and it looks pretty good to me with no real framerate issues and the settings on low for most things. Shadows on hair look a bit dodgy, but that's fine.

Only a few hours in but really enjoying it.
you've inspired me to try it on my old laptop! bought it last night and left it to install overnight, it's not perfect and ALL settings are on low 😅 but i'm so happy i'm finally playing it! cancelling all plans for today 😂

LittleMy

VIP Member
Completed the PS exclusive extra quest - the haunted Hogsmeade shop - last night and my nerves are shot.

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Oh my Lord, I was up until 3am playing this last night - time just got away from me! It’s absolutely brilliant, a stunning game.

• Heart