Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Omg the jackdaw quest is horrible, it's so early as well so you dont even have great spells, I resorted to throwing chinese chomping cabbages at them 😂

Thankfully it's gets so much better the later you go, an you eventually start to match spells that work together, there's 4 spell combos that will finish a enemy in one go if you match them up right

I quite like ominis gaunt an professor sharp, I like their back story's although I do think Sebastian has one of the best back story's, poppy's an Natty's were good but not as strong at sebs

I have all my playthroughs lined up to see if I can get the different endings lol

First playthrough I was a Slytherin witch an was nice to others an done what they asked but choose the dark path for spells

Ravenclaw is my wizard an he's gonna be an asshole to others 😅 but am gonna pick the good path an not get the unforgivables

Hufflepuff is now my 3rd an I'll prob go wizard an nice to everyone plus do a good path

Gryffindor am just gonna be an asshole witch to them all plus pick the dark path

• Heart
Reactions: 5

YR80

Chatty Member
I’m on my second play through, also in Slytherin too. It’s pretty much all I’ve done for the last few days 😂 I’m actually enjoying it more second time round as I feel like the pressure is off to complete it or get to a certain level.

• Heart

MissFlowers

@Snippysnips azkaban is pretty early on! It was really cool to see it!!
I also was not a fan of all the spiders but I learned pretty quickly that expelliarmus was the best spell for them so I just kept shooting that as much as possible and it was a lot better!

Ooh I had been looking at the Disney game too!! I think I’ll get that at some point but I’m excited to get back to hogwarts! I’ve had friends visiting for a week and it’s been terribly inconvenient 😂😂

I’m thinking I’m going to keep my hufflepuff as a lovely nice character … and then I’m gonna do a slytherin play through and do the dark path

do you get different options being witch/wizard too? Would it be beneficial to choose a wizard for some houses?

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I did hear he was playing the part, a bit of a pity black is such a twat tbh lol

I can't believe am like almost 6 hours in this game an haven't even explored like 1% of the map, I've been all over the school, hogsmeade an a bit outside it

Am hoping the broom an mounts unlock soon so I can fly, so much is tied to the story an it's looking like mounts an brooms are tied to that, also haven't unlocked the room of requirement so far either, I did try an see if I could buy a pet but the pet shop in hogsmeade was locked so maybe it unlocks further into the game, you can go around petting all the cats though, an you do get a owl but can't so far change it's appearance (if you can even change it)

Still loving the game

• Heart
Ah I didn’t know there was a thread for this game! It’s officially taken over my life 😂 I was thrilled to be in Slytherin.

I’m getting too distracted with all the side quests, reckon I might eventually complete it in 2025!

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I was interested in buying Disney Dreamlight Valley too after reading the thread on here! Looks like a bit of me 😊

I went ahead and started a new HL game as a Slytherin and I’ve actually surpassed my OG Ravenclaw’s progress. I do still play on that one though, I plan to do characters for the other houses too. Haven’t completed the story yet because I only get to play for a bit in the evenings. I’m still enjoying running around exploring and I finally have a broom and room of requirement so that’s handy. 😂

MissFlowers

I was till it was starting to annoy me, so I changed the appearance to the school outfit an make the glasses, hat, scarf etc all invisible
You can change the appearance of things … so once you’ve selected stuff with the highest defence/offence.. when you are back in the main menu that says like headwear, outfit, cloaks etc when you hover over each square.. you can click the square to change the appearance and then you can choose whatever you want or you can make it invisible!

• Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
I love Animal Crossing! I’ve neglected my island lately though :(

Ahh so excited for Azkaban! The Jackdaw Quest with all the spiders nearly finished me off - had to get my husband to step in. 😰

Who’s everyone’s fave NPC so far? With my Slytherin character I always choose the meaner interaction, like keeping the stuff after completing side quests while my Ravenclaw one is much nicer. 😂

pixxyy

VIP Member
Mine arrived Today, going to set it up Tomorrow though.
Very excited to finally play

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I finally unlocked my broom an omg the difference it makes getting around, so worth it

Also spent like a hour jut decorating my room of requirement 😅

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.
What a dickhead he sounds. If it helps I was very rusty to gaming when we got this, couldn’t figure out the controls at all, was horrendous when it came to controlling the broom and constantly driving it into the surroundings. 😂

I am improving a lot with time but as @Snippysnips said, you can set to story mode and change the difficulty whenever it suits you. My husband is the total opposite and is playing on difficult and I get his help with defeating the spiders. 🫣

WhatABore

VIP Member
Least it's easier than the mounts lol, I spent more time running into things trying figure out how to get them in the air than I did in the air 😂
I struggled to get off the mount the first time.
I sat there for ages and waited for my partner to come back because I couldn't get off 🤣🤣

• Haha

YR80

Chatty Member
hating all the forbidden forest bits and fighting statues etc, especially the spiders as I hate spiders!
You can change the spiders. There’s an option under the accessibility settings for arachnophobia mode. It turns them into little blobs with roller skates on 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Wow well done! How many hours do you reckon it took
It took me about 36 hours to complete it, so taking out time for collecting things an other little time wasters like decorating the room of requirement I'd say it was maybe 30ish hours just for the story an the character quests on their own

I've still got a ton to do, I've 100% hogsmeade, got all it's collectibles plus done all the side quests
100% unlocked all floo
Maybe 90% with completing all merlin challenges
Roughly 70/80% completed hogwarts with all collectables an side quests
But I have outside of hogwarts to do, I've maybe cleared like two or three camps but apart from that I've really not done anything so I want to fully 100% everything before starting another game

Just spent like a hour decorating downstairs in my room of requirement 😂 I have it as the botanic decoration an spent ages decorating my walls an getting all my plant pots an potion stations sitting right

• Heart

kazizzle

VIP Member
Wasn't going to buy it but watched a youtuber live stream it from the start for 6 hours on Monday and it completely sold it to me (and my other half who isn't a HP fan!) so pre-ordered the deluxe just in the nick of time. Had some issues installing from Steam last night but got it eventually and about 2.5 hrs in now. It's so good I can't wait to explore more.

• Heart
Reactions: 4