Helen Anderson #6 a vibrating boner dont make me a loner, btw I have a cold not the 'rona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what kind of dancing. I think salsa or something "quirky" like lindyhop.

That filter is so gross and annoying as well. What's it supposed to be?
Just as long as it's not bleeping pole dancing 🤣🤣🤣 No one should ever witness her do that.

She copied the filter from 220 Kid (musician who went to the Aphetor Games) he used it loads on his IG stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just as long as it's not bleeping pole dancing 🤣🤣🤣 No one should ever witness her do that.

She copied the filter from 220 Kid (musician who went to the Aphetor Games) he used it loads on his IG stories.
Oh man.. It's definitely pole dancing 😂😂😂

• Haha
Oop

"Fil, dey sed der brak up is offisl cos i gorra new obby... Come ova n cook me tea n let me film yer so I can prove em rong"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Podcast field notes:

Apparently Helen is now a star.

Helen can explain how to find the right contraceptive, but she does not use one herself, so how?

I regret never getting into drinking alcohol.

It seems like they did the whole podcast on Skype, Helens sound is off.

Helens started the pill at 15/16 but had to change because of migraines. The host had the same problem but did not get her changed after 100 years.

Hele said a Catholic man-made the pill? That's why there is a 7-day break (can someone confirm this).

You don’t get told what to expect when you get the pill (is not your GP supposed to tell you everything you can expect), it's frustrating and it not just «go on the pill».

There are different kinds of contraceptives.

Helens experience no the pill: got it to help with migraines (but she just said it was because she was a naughty girl at 15!). Crazy mood swings, very sensitive to what her hormones were doing, and got on the pill to chill out. It worked fine, last summer she remembered feeling depressed and it was always in patterns. She felt it had to do with her period and it probably was because of her pill, and she came off the pill after talking to her doctor. It improved her mind, she was feeling things again (yay).

The host went from the small pill to the combination pill and did not like not having a period.

Helen, felt like a woman again when she got her period again, very satisfying. Functioning as she should. Emotions are more up and down now, on er Periode Helen is a witch (her own words) and a lot of things annoy her and she has a lot less patience now when she is older. She is happier now because the pill is not numbing her emotions and she is not depressed.

A lot of friends and followers have echoed her experience with the negative side of the pill, the doctors are too willing to give women the pill and tell them to «deal with it». Compared to the male contraceptive, dudes got depressed on the pill and the trial got stopped.

Talks about her boyfriend. Her boyfriend would gladly take the pill if it helped Helen. Also, it´s the penises that make you pregnant. Condoms are not good, so Mark insisted on using a condom. It makes stuff cleaner too. Wadle Wadle waddle to the bathroom is a bit awkward.

Helen tells she would struggle to put hormones into her body, after what she experienced. She feels like it´s unfair that she has to have the responsibility to not get pregnant, it´s all on the woman, expect a condom. The host reminds the liner that a condom helps you avoid STD. Helen is a rebel, she knows she is moaning about everything that she has to do to not get pregnant and tells us that it has to do with her morals.

She makes the coiling sound super scary, and has negative to say about every contraceptive there is out there- she shares her friend's experiences. She wants an alternative to the condom.

the feminist in Helen: it´s because we are women that we have to deal with all the negative consequences of the pill, it´s just how it has always been.

She keeps talking about her friends all the time, how many friends has she. Keeps having to explain to herself why it is not irresponsible for her to not be on the pill. The host agrees and tells Helen, that she is not irresponsible because she is taking care of her mental half because of the side effects of the pill. It also depends on the relationship you have, as long as you are on the same page as your partner its nobodies business.

It takes a while until your body goes back to normal when you get off a pill, she can't use the app thing for tracking her periods. Her period was very unpredictable.

A phantom pregnancy, had pregnancy symptoms when she got off the pill. It appeared to her friend Katy. She felt tired, nauseous, something with her boobs. It takes your body a long ass time to get to «normal» after you get off your pill and want to get pregnant. Helen just said: just have a lot of unprotected sex.

Helen feels like she is still not back to normal, its march now and she wants off the pill the previous September.

Helen: you got to do what you have to do when it comes to contraceptives. But if you experience negative side effects and it affects you mentally you have to put yourself first talk with your partner and find another solution. Some partners can a bit crappy about things like a condom. You have to do what works for you. Just come off the pill if it does not work for you, try something different.

There is no answer, it's bullshit that is all on female- it's not fair. It´s a very personal thing. Can always blame the boyfriend for becoming pregnant if you forget the pill and you don’t use condoms, just blames it on the 1-2 % (the pill is like 98% effective?).

It's a good thing Helen spoke about her (very negative) story, it can help other girls that have bad experiences. Girls should not feel bad for coming off the p
urgh, her garbled uneducated mess is terrible. It’s one thing to talk of your own experiences, but Helen is so inarticulate any good point gets lost.

if you need any influencer Sex education, watch Hannah Witton. Considerate, knowledgeable, and funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
You're so right! This is exactly it! 👍👍👍

Thanks for the info! I still don't get the papal investment though haha. That's interesting! And I'm sorry that you're suffering. ❤
It was developed in the 60’s and back then (and even up until very recently) the Catholic Church had such a hold over peoples lives. I’m from Northern Ireland and it wouldn’t be uncommon for a priest to ask questions if a married couple weren’t pregnant within a year!
Thanks very much, I have recurring pre cancerous cells in my cervix that have to be burnt off to prevent cervical cancer - make sure you get your smears ladies as I had no symptoms!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It was developed in the 60’s and back then (and even up until very recently) the Catholic Church had such a hold over peoples lives. I’m from Northern Ireland and it wouldn’t be uncommon for a priest to ask questions if a married couple weren’t pregnant within a year!
Thanks very much, I have recurring pre cancerous cells in my cervix that have to be burnt off to prevent cervical cancer - make sure you get your smears ladies as I had no symptoms!
This is really interesting. I have lots of questions, but won't derail the thread 😅

With regards to the cervical smears though. 1) that sounds really difficult and I hope you're okay. And 2) THIS is stuff Helen should be talking about. I know girls get the HPV vaccination now, but it isn't a guarantee against cervical cancer. Helen is in the same age bracket as me so I don't think she's had it. I have lots of younger coworkers (mid 20s) who are ignoring their invitations to cervical screening and even friends of mine (early 30s - early 40s) who have never had a smear. Most of their reasons are because they're embarrassed to get their kit off and have an invasive exam. If Helen is so sex positive, why isn't she telling people it isn't anything to be scared about? She has mentioned going for a smear before, but that was it.

Reactions: 10
This is really interesting. I have lots of questions, but won't derail the thread 😅

With regards to the cervical smears though. 1) that sounds really difficult and I hope you're okay. And 2) THIS is stuff Helen should be talking about. I know girls get the HPV vaccination now, but it isn't a guarantee against cervical cancer. Helen is in the same age bracket as me so I don't think she's had it. I have lots of younger coworkers (mid 20s) who are ignoring their invitations to cervical screening and even friends of mine (early 30s - early 40s) who have never had a smear. Most of their reasons are because they're embarrassed to get their kit off and have an invasive exam. If Helen is so sex positive, why isn't she telling people it isn't anything to be scared about? She has mentioned going for a smear before, but that was it.
That’s a good point, I think I’m in the age range of a majority of her viewers (25) and I’m guilty of ignoring the letters for my first smear, I got another reminder last week that’s still sitting on my coffee table staring at me :( I was in the first the first group of girls to get the vaccination at school and can only recall one influencer I watch ever speaking about their experiences with the test (Kiera-rose). For someone who is supposed to be this all knowing sex guru, I’d love to see her talk about things like the smear test BUT with the way she’s spoken about contraception, she’ll probably say how horrible an experience it was and make anyone with any anxieties with the test even more worried

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Completely agree with you - I had the HPV vaccine and it did bugger all as it doesn’t protect against every strain! For someone with a platform the size of hers it’s definitely something she should be talking about. All this talk of dildos doesn’t make her seem sex positive it makes her come across like an idiot because of how she presents herself, if you’re going to devote parts of your channel and IG to that kind of content then educate yourself so you can properly educate your audience

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That’s a good point, I think I’m in the age range of a majority of her viewers (25) and I’m guilty of ignoring the letters for my first smear, I got another reminder last week that’s still sitting on my coffee table staring at me :( I was in the first the first group of girls to get the vaccination at school and can only recall one influencer I watch ever speaking about their experiences with the test (Kiera-rose). For someone who is supposed to be this all knowing sex guru, I’d love to see her talk about things like the smear test BUT with the way she’s spoken about contraception, she’ll probably say how horrible an experience it was and make anyone with any anxieties with the test even more worried
Please book your test!

I know it's uncomfortable and embarrassing and might be traumatic for some people*, but it takes like 3 minutes. It's just a little brush, a bit like a soft interdental brush but made of soft stuff instead of bristles. It might hurt, but it should be just a bit uncomfy. Then you may get some spotting but that's it. Cervical cancer is aggressive, that's why they test early and regularly.

Sorry. Soapbox.

*I don't mean to minimise this in any way.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Helen seems the type to encourage using feminine washes to ‘change’ how you smell down there without realising it can mess up your pH balance and cause infections.

• Angry
Reactions: 24

"Look Fil! I went to a new dancin class an' I got new skates! Whaaaa?! Imma new woman! I ain't boring no more! I'm extra quirky! Move back in I begggg you! I'm alone and lonely!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Please book your test!

I know it's uncomfortable and embarrassing and might be traumatic for some people*, but it takes like 3 minutes. It's just a little brush, a bit like a soft interdental brush but made of soft stuff instead of bristles. It might hurt, but it should be just a bit uncomfy. Then you may get some spotting but that's it. Cervical cancer is aggressive, that's why they test early and regularly.
Definitely go. I’ve been to every one of mine and have hardly felt them, some more than others but they’re over really quickly. I had a test last year and found out I had HPV so was tested again recently to check on it and it has developed into low grade abnormal cells so will have to go for further checks at the hospital. I had no symptoms either so it’s extremely important to go so you can deal with anything if it is there.

Clearly not sexy or rock n roll enough subject for Helen to talk about. But then again hearing her knowledge and opinions of contraception, that’s probably a good thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Please do book and attend your smear tests, I know it can be a bit awkward and cringe but it won't take long! Get it booked then and make sure you've got something planned afterwards to look forward to like a really nice treat (your fave takeaway or a film night or something). I had my first smear at 24 as they invited me 6 months before my 25th birthday. I had to have high grade abnormal cells removed which was shite BUT the treatment worked and we are SO fortunate that we have this screening and treatments available. Off topic I know but it's just so important to do it.
I really hope Helen attends her smear tests and I wish she utilised her platform to promote positive physical and mental health. I know she can choose what content she shares but she actively talks about sex so why not add in the topic of safe sex and attending smears? It's like when got gifted the GHDs during their breast cancer campaign and she was like "yeah check your breasts, I mean I'm really bad with checking mine." Then be better with checking them! And then use it as an opportunity to encourage her following to do it too.
Ugh sorry for the rant, I'm really twitchy about health and I despair when influencers don't use their platforms to even attempt to promote this type of thing.

Definitely go. I’ve been to every one of mine and have hardly felt them, some more than others but they’re over really quickly. I had a test last year and found out I had HPV so was tested again recently to check on it and it has developed into low grade abnormal cells so will have to go for further checks at the hospital. I had no symptoms either so it’s extremely important to go so you can deal with anything if it is there.

Clearly not sexy or rock n roll enough subject for Helen to talk about. But then again hearing her knowledge and opinions of contraception, that’s probably a good thing!
Hope your hospital appointment goes well :) I had a colposcopy after my abnormal smear and then had the LLETZ treatment to remove the abnormal cells. This was 5 years ago and I recently had a internal ultrasound and they couldn't even see where the cells had been removed, they're so skilled at the treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Please do book and attend your smear tests, I know it can be a bit awkward and cringe but it won't take long! Get it booked then and make sure you've got something planned afterwards to look forward to like a really nice treat (your fave takeaway or a film night or something). I had my first smear at 24 as they invited me 6 months before my 25th birthday. I had to have high grade abnormal cells removed which was shite BUT the treatment worked and we are SO fortunate that we have this screening and treatments available. Off topic I know but it's just so important to do it.
I really hope Helen attends her smear tests and I wish she utilised her platform to promote positive physical and mental health. I know she can choose what content she shares but she actively talks about sex so why not add in the topic of safe sex and attending smears? It's like when got gifted the GHDs during their breast cancer campaign and she was like "yeah check your breasts, I mean I'm really bad with checking mine." Then be better with checking them! And then use it as an opportunity to encourage her following to do it too.
Ugh sorry for the rant, I'm really twitchy about health and I despair when influencers don't use their platforms to even attempt to promote this type of thing.

Hope your hospital appointment goes well :) I had a colposcopy after my abnormal smear and then had the LLETZ treatment to remove the abnormal cells. This was 5 years ago and I recently had a internal ultrasound and they couldn't even see where the cells had been removed, they're so skilled at the treatment.
Again I know this is off topic, but is there a women's health thread? I'm having an absolute nightmare with my ovaries and have to have surgery soon. I also have to get an extra smear done soon because of the possibility of abnormal cells. It would be handy to ask some questions on a dedicated thread. Sorry for off topic.

Reactions: 12
Again I know this is off topic, but is there a women's health thread? I'm having an absolute nightmare with my ovaries and have to have surgery soon. I also have to get an extra smear done soon because of the possibility of abnormal cells. It would be handy to ask some questions on a dedicated thread. Sorry for off topic.
Ah I hope the surgery and the additional smear go well xx I don't understand fully how tattle works but there might be a health thread? Alternatively, I would recommend emailing "the eve appeal" as they are kind and helpful and provide supportive responses via email or phone call. I've posted on Mumsnet too as they've got a women's health section but as with all forums/chat sites you gotta take some people's answers with a pinch of salt when we aren't medically trained! (I did try to send this as a message to get it off the main thread page but I can't figure out how to do that either!).

On the topic of Helen - I must be hungry as that omelette looked good!

• Heart
Ah I hope the surgery and the additional smear go well xx I don't understand fully how tattle works but there might be a health thread? Alternatively, I would recommend emailing "the eve appeal" as they are kind and helpful and provide supportive responses via email or phone call. I've posted on Mumsnet too as they've got a women's health section but as with all forums/chat sites you gotta take some people's answers with a pinch of salt when we aren't medically trained! (I did try to send this as a message to get it off the main thread page but I can't figure out how to do that either!).

On the topic of Helen - I must be hungry as that omelette looked good!
Thank you so much! This was very helpful ❤ I'll shut up now 😅

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.