Helen Anderson #6 a vibrating boner dont make me a loner, btw I have a cold not the 'rona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hele said a Catholic man-made the pill? That's why there is a 7-day break (can someone confirm this).
I had never heard this, I just found some articles on it however (not read them through yet):

Also:
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) said there is no health benefit to a seven-day break while taking the combined contraceptive pill – a practice first introduced in the hope the Catholic Church would “accept” some form of contraception.
To be honest no matter what, how idiotic does she sound saying this?

Edit - I bet she pronounces it "Cafflik".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I had never heard this, I just found some articles on it however (not read them through yet):

Also:

To be honest no matter what, how idiotic does she sound saying this?

Edit - I bet she pronounces it "Cafflik".
She said (not verbatim, but) "a Christian or something? The pope? Is that Catholic?". I hadn't heard of this either, so sorry for reacting just assuming she was being an idiot 😂 still doesn't seem to be gospel, excuse the pun, based on the articles.

I started listening and one of the first things she's said is that she didn't go on the pill until she was 16 because she wasn't of the age of consent before that (sorry "I weren't legal ahahahah"). That is such a dangerous thing to put out there to young girls. If you're having sex and want to use contraception you can go to your GP regardless of age.

She and the host are coming across as a pair of giggling teenagers.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
She said (not verbatim, but) "a Christian or something? The pope? Is that Catholic?". I hadn't heard of this either, so sorry for reacting just assuming she was being an idiot 😂 still doesn't seem to be gospel, excuse the pun, based on the articles.
She said is the Pope Catholic? Her stupidity is absolutely terrifying, really. I went to Catholic schools and I had never heard of this either! Quite the opposite was taught tbh. Perhaps it's true, but obviously this 'true' reason has been somewhat lost in more modern times.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
and the host is coming across as a pair of giggling teenagers.
She also said that she had a boyfriend at 15 and was "naughty", so she got on the pill at 15/16. The thing I got from the podcast is that she hates the pill, and seems to dislike condoms and everything else. She has nothing good to say about any option, its always "My friend uses xx and had all of these negative side effects". I hope no one was scared off using contraceptives because of the podcast.

• Angry
She said is the Pope Catholic? Her stupidity is absolutely terrifying, really. I went to Catholic schools and I had never heard of this either! Quite the opposite was taught tbh. Perhaps it's true, but obviously this 'true' reason has been somewhat lost in more modern times.
My first thought was why would the Catholic Church be bleeping with contraception. They're pretty hard line about it. I did a doctorate in theology and have also never heard of this. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
My first thought was why would the Catholic Church be bleeping with contraception. They're pretty hard line about it. I did a doctorate in theology and have also never heard of this. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly my thought! Wow though, a doctorate in theology, that's incredibly interesting!

Reactions: 5
I think it’s really good to openly talk about sex to stop it from being such a taboo subject but she needs to influence SAFE SEX.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think it’s really good to openly talk about sex to stop it from being such a taboo subject but she needs to influence SAFE SEX.
She also never seems to say, "I'm not a nurse/Dr., this is just my experience". She just starts jabbering on. Even a healthcare professional would probably say "xyz, but be aware that for some people, yadda yadda". There's no balance or thought at all. It's scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Okay that’s made her sound even more ignorant!!! Wtf if she even talking about!?!
When I went on the pill at 15 I didn’t want a period when I went on holiday and all my go asked was if my parents were aware.
The Catholic thing I can’t even go there lmao
What a twit.

The lower her engagement gets the more I fear her becoming a mother, just because she has no other prospects in life. :(

Reactions: 7
Its the delivery that gets me. It's either giggly nudge nudge wink wink or listen to me cos I'm the only person who knows anything about sex, I'm an expert, the god of all things sex. Oi, do u wanna get involved?

• Haha
Its the delivery that gets me. It's either giggly nudge nudge wink wink or listen to me cos I'm the only person who knows anything about sex, I'm an expert, the god of all things sex. Oi, do u wanna get involved?
As someone mentioned before, it's all a bit r/ihavesex. She's 29 for goodness sake. She should be talking about sex in a mature, open and responsible way. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't know much about how bodies work in regards to sex (or anything else for that matter). Pet peeve, but I would put money on her referring to her vulva as her vagina 😅

Edit to say about "oi, wanna get involved?" Crap, there was me, asking my bf if he's taken the bins out.. 😂😂 I wonder if they ever get any feedback from their sponsors? If I was working in marketing for Ann Summers I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can't believe she is promoting underage and unprotected sex!!!!
She's probably riddled with sti's.

As someone mentioned before, it's all a bit r/ihavesex. She's 29 for goodness sake. She should be talking about sex in a mature, open and responsible way. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't know much about how bodies work in regards to sex (or anything else for that matter). Pet peeve, but I would put money on her referring to her vulva as her vagina 😅

Edit to say about "oi, wanna get involved?" Crap, there was me, asking my bf if he's taken the bins out.. 😂😂 I wonder if they ever get any feedback from their sponsors? If I was working in marketing for Ann Summers I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy 😂
She realises that mature people CAN talk about sex. Her problem is that she's not mature when she talks about it. She acts like a school girl who's trying to impress the boys. So she thinks she's breaking some taboo but in reality she's making it worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I honestly have NO WORDS.

Edit.. I definitely need to listen to this. Imagine being this witch's GP.

Thank you so much for your synopsis, but I need to read it again. I'm reeling!
This is semi true, when they originally made the contraceptive pill the 7 day break to mimic a period was factored in in order to appease the Pope - the latest research clearly shows that taking the combined contraceptive pill back to back with no breaks is safe (I’m a nurse who suffers from gynae problems so I see a gynaecologist every 6 months who confirmed this)

• Heart
She acts like a school girl who's trying to impress the boys.
You're so right! This is exactly it! 👍👍👍

This is semi true, when they originally made the contraceptive pill the 7 day break to mimic a period was factored in in order to appease the Pope - the latest research clearly shows that taking the combined contraceptive pill back to back with no breaks is safe (I’m a nurse who suffers from gynae problems so I see a gynaecologist every 6 months who confirmed this)
Thanks for the info! I still don't get the papal investment though haha. That's interesting! And I'm sorry that you're suffering. ❤

Reactions: 4
I used to watch a lot of Helen's content but I think this my main issue with what she puts out. If I follow someone now (and this might just be me,) it's because they have a niche or they're an expert at something. Helen tries to do a bit of literally everything (the house, make-up, clothing, singing, favourites, vlogging,) I guess the old-school 'life-style' youtuber but she spreads herself so thinly it comes across as you say 'misinformed shite.'

Again if you're going to do a Halloween cosplay/outfit go all out.... bit of a sorry May Queen.
Same. I used to watch vlog channels a few years ago because there were a few personalities I like but since then being on YouTube seems to be only about making money and it's all about reaching as brands as possible, consumerism and nothing is authentic.
I only watch niche things now where those people are really talented in their respective fields or really good reviewers.

Quirkerz has lost all direction and is just shooting for any direction that she can take.
I also just don't relate to her anymore. She's not very nice.

Reactions: 6

The break up must be official, she's got a new hobby and it's dance classes 🤣

And now we're drinking because we obviously have to celebrate the fact that she got back home.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
View attachment 277966

The break up must be official, she's got a new hobby and it's dance classes 🤣

And now we're drinking because we obviously have to celebrate the fact that she got back home.
I wonder what kind of dancing. I think salsa or something "quirky" like lindyhop.

That filter is so gross and annoying as well. What's it supposed to be?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.