Helen Anderson #20 Helen drinks a Whiskey drink, she drinks a Vodka drink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm remortgaging right now as my fixed term is coming to an end. It's a much better rate and overall montly payment. I'm going to save myself about 3 grand over the course of a couple of years, compared to what my rate would go up to if I didn't switch.

Reactions: 9
I genuinely think she's mad paying out the nose for a new car when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one. It wasn't even old. Rampant consumerism at its finest.
I watched about half the video before I noped out, I just can’t be bothered with her. Going on about not feeling she should have justify herself 🙄. No you don’t Helen, just admit you’re flexing twit who is addicted to spending and move on. The whole ‘I saved money by remortgaging and had to fill the void’ says it all.

No worries - I think the lack of education about finance means we just assume the worst.

People remortgage for lots of reasons: they want a better deal, they want equity released and the one everyone assumes: debt.

Remortgaging is like insurance - you shop around for the best deal. A lot of mortgages have interest rates of 2% and higher, and atm due to Covid the rates are something like 0.1%. My partner worked it out that on a similar property to Helen's it would be around a £400 a year saving.
I fully admit I’d not actually watched the video when I made that statement 😆 and just jumped to the conclusion that she’d remortgaged because of debt. Rightly or wrongly I always assume the worse of Helen when it comes to financial decisions and I’m convinced she has a lot of consumer debt. She certainly gives the impression of someone who lacks education when it comes to finances! I can’t imagine her having a pension plan in place, let alone any savings or investments.

We were lucky enough to get a tracker mortgage at an excellent rate so there’s not been any reason to look around for a better deal given how low interest rates have been for quite some time. If we’d had a fixed term rate though I’d definitely be shopping around at the moment, makes total sense.

Reactions: 13
Can’t be arsed to watch her car video. Got me thinking though. Not justifying her stupid car purchase, but she may have remortgaged with the intention of doing work to the house, but not have enough for it because builders prices are through the roof at the mo since covid, so instead spunked it on the car and other tit. Might make sense now how she’s been able to afford so many of her big spontaneous purchases (iPads etc etc)

Reactions: 8
I genuinely think she's mad paying out the nose for a new car when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one. It wasn't even old. Rampant consumerism at its finest.
100%. Especially with the last bit of the video where she's just showing off all the random accessories she bought off Amazon for her nEw CaR... The amount of snacking-related stuff is just pretty weird when you don't have toddlers to worry about.
The bit about filling "the void" instead of saving money after finding a better mortgage deal was quite a sad insight into her mindset, and pretty irresponsible amidst an economic recession and so much uncertainty (+ seeing the dwindling views on her videos)...

She mentionned those camping trips she'll be able to do in that new car: 1) she could do that in the old smaller car. 2) Phil bought a van and I thought they were doing it up for road trips?

Also, what a joke to hear her say "just do what you wanna do, man", in the same 18 months that she raved about "the simple life" at the start of lockdown and all the ads for period pants, promoting sustainable face wipes and adopting a """"vegetarian lifestyle"""" (lots of quotes here, lol)

Last rant: I am annoyed at the way she puts her safety belt to the side. Stop prioritizing your annoying chin mic Helen, actually please just stop filming yourself while driving, you're already a crappy driver so focus on the road. Rant over.

1627653543859.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
View attachment 687502
this is the finance deal for the same model of car on their website
Only difference is Helen did part exchange and put some money down, so it won't be as much. Notice the giant final payment, hers won't be as big but still....
So going by this one, monthly payments come to £29706.24, plus the final payment makes a total of £41099

The car outright - which I appreciate isn't an option for many people, myself included - is from £25,855 and that's brand new. Helens is 2 years old.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I put the rest of thar vlog on while I was getting ready this morning. Final thoughts are:

She doesn't disclose that Zipworld was gifted, apart from in the video description
They hadn't planned what to do with the dogs while they were doing it and were lucky there was room for them in that kennels. It sounds like they'd intended to leave them in the car? I'd imagine when you go away with a dog you basically have to plan everything around the fact you have a dog, check where they're allowed etc.
That hotel room must stink with these two and their dogs that still tit on the floor sometimes. Being in a small hotel room with two dogs just doesn't seem like the best idea (happy to be corrected on this). Neither does sleeping on a hotel floor, but these two wear their shoes on their bed at home so there's not much difference.
I genuinely thought Phil's screen had frozen but no, he just doesn't react on the zipwire. Judging from his facial expression alone he could just as easily be at home with chronic diarrhoea.
These vlog commentaries are getting worse. I've just listened to Helen narrating two seagulls having a fight over an orange. Also a phone chat between them about whether dogs are allowed in the castle (they're not). Why does she leave this in? The weird awkward chat with Phil having a microphone shoved under his face as well, just why? I don't understand why they go out of their way to create these weird awkward conversations for the vlog, especially considering they're never interesting to listen to.
I agree completely, when you have dogs and plan to take them away everything is planned beforehand. Some places are very dog friendly some not so much. I truly believe she wouldve left them in the car at the zipwire place, like what did she think would happen?

Her post View attachment 686447

VS. Her comments come on who was it? Fess up

View attachment 686448
I absolutely love apple JD, cant believe they have sponsored her.

The thing is, she has the attitude of ‘if you can afford it, just do it!’ I don’t know about everyone’s financial positions and personal choices when purchasing a car and each to their own but from my personal experience when I got a car on finance it’s because I desperately needed a new car and I really couldn’t afford one. Finance was the only option for me as I didn’t need to put a deposit down, the car was available to me straight away and I didn’t need to worry about the balloon payment for another 3 years.
Same here my little 07 banger is all paid off and ive had to replace losts of bits over the years but its fine for what i need it for. I would love a new car but there is no way I'm in the position to get one again as I'm not keen on getting one on finance again (even though mine was paid off in 3 years)purely because I'm trying to up my credit score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Sorry guys my post made it sound like she remortgaged the house because she’s struggling for money I didn’t word it the best.

I do worry about her financial situation though spending all that money on a second hand damaged (it has scratches on the wing mirror and door apparently but she can’t see them) car.

Remortgaging to get a cheaper rate makes absolute sense but then she’s probably breaking even if not going over the original rate with paying monthly for the car.

Reactions: 10
With her recent declining views, I just wonder how in two or three years time she’s going to be able to afford everything she currently has on finance (I wouldn’t even be surprised if the sofa was on finance)

do sponsorships/ads/gifted trips etc really pay THAT well??

Reactions: 13
Cannot understand this mentality of 'Just do what you want man' Some people actually have responsibilities and a normal job!
Finance cars do not interest me at all.
Hate it when people say Oh I pay x amount every month but that includes xyx'
Yeah, I don't pay anything each month, I'm happy with my second hand car. Pay your insurance and tax annually and jobs done!

Reactions: 21
Cannot understand this mentality of 'Just do what you want man' Some people actually have responsibilities and a normal job!
Finance cars do not interest me at all.
Hate it when people say Oh I pay x amount every month but that includes xyx'
Yeah, I don't pay anything each month, I'm happy with my second hand car. Pay your insurance annually and jobs done!
Easy if you can do that, Helen clearly can but she’s just not secure with anything, like she could easily make some over payments on her house with the savings and get rid of mortgage quicker/have a nest egg for when her current career stops paying out

Reactions: 10
Easy if you can do that, Helen clearly can but she’s just not secure with anything, like she could easily make some over payments on her house with the savings and get rid of mortgage quicker/have a nest egg for when her current career stops paying out
It is but I save like crazy and I'm on a crappy nurses wage 😂

Reactions: 6
With her recent declining views, I just wonder how in two or three years time she’s going to be able to afford everything she currently has on finance (I wouldn’t even be surprised if the sofa was on finance)

do sponsorships/ads/gifted trips etc really pay THAT well??
Well with all that practice selling tit she could always get a job at QVC.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oof, that little dig at Helens “best friend” in the car vid when she was going on about her sobbing episode caused by getting rid of the golf.

“I texted my best friend about it and they said uh Helen that’s not ok. BUT I told my therapist and he said it makes me a very caring and empathic person” *cue the smuggest smirk you’ve ever seen*

Think she needs shot of this therapist IMO, she’s just being told what she wants to hear.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Oof, that little dig at Helens “best friend” in the car vid when she was going on about her sobbing episode caused by getting rid of the golf.

“I texted my best friend about it and they said uh Helen that’s not ok. BUT I told my therapist and he said it makes me a very caring and empathic person” *cue the smuggest smirk you’ve ever seen*

Think she needs shot of this therapist IMO, she’s just being told what she wants to hear.
This made me think of the US Office when Holly first starts and she thinks Kevin has learning difficulties…that’s how I imagine Helen’s therapist is with her 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31

I thought her reaction to her car was weird, like who cries over replacing their car? I can understand if her old car got written off or something but she didnt NEED to get a new one. Her crying like a child over it is very telling.

Reactions: 18
Her therapist would be better addressing why she anthropomorphises her possessions to the point of crying when she chooses to get rid of them.

Reactions: 20
I thought her reaction to her car was weird, like who cries over replacing their car? I can understand if her old car got written off or something but she didnt NEED to get a new one. Her crying like a child over it is very telling.
Aye I don’t get it either, she didn’t need a new one, it wasn’t something she was forced to do due to a write off or whatever else, if you love your car that much why get rid when you don’t need to.

Reactions: 9
Her 'therapist' is on an amazing gravy train with Helen. She will never deal with her emotional attachment to things and her obsession with food and booze. Not while she's lining the pockets of her life coach.

Quite honestly she deserves to get fleeced. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.