Helen Anderson #20 Helen drinks a Whiskey drink, she drinks a Vodka drink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the term staycation kinda classist? I hate this pressure to holiday away from the country you live in, and guilt tripping people when they can't. Saying staycation makes it sounds like it's not a proper holiday, like the UK is not a desirable destination and you're being forced to stay. I hate seeing these influencers using the term, espeically when they get gifted to go abroad and vlog those fancy holidays, them saying 'staycation' feels almost like it's not a real holiday to them (when it's one I would have gone on when I was younger).

I'm probably reading into it too much but a staycation is a holiday!!

1000000% agree and had the same experience growing up!
Yep, I agree it has classist undertones. We had UK holidays growing up and even now I've not been abroad that many times. It doesn't mean any of my holidays have been any less of a holiday. So many people I know have never been to the Lake District or Cornwall but think it's weird I've not been to many other European countries... there's nothing like not being able to afford a holiday (even a UK one) and being asked if you just don't fancy going abroad/ having a holiday :rolleyes: anyway, I'll stop my rambling about how rich people take holidays as a given when they're a luxury for some of us!

I’m guessing Helen told Fiwl they were going to Mars not Wales owing to his “It’s like a proper little town, it’s got an M&S” comment
Wow. I might not have traveled the world but at least I'm not this ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I understand this isn't her but ngl, I thought of Helen and this thread when this came up on my FB timeline.

Screenshot_20210727-212152_Facebook.jpg

I find the term staycation kinda classist? I hate this pressure to holiday away from the country you live in, and guilt tripping people when they can't. Saying staycation makes it sounds like it's not a proper holiday, like the UK is not a desirable destination and you're being forced to stay. I hate seeing these influencers using the term, espeically when they get gifted to go abroad and vlog those fancy holidays, them saying 'staycation' feels almost like it's not a real holiday to them (when it's one I would have gone on when I was younger).

I'm probably reading into it too much but a staycation is a holiday!!
Seconding this. Until I was a teenager, holidays abroad were not a usual thing - we'd been abroad twice but took a lot of UK holidays and they weren't any less valid than our trip to Spain. Classism pure and simple.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’ve just heard Joey Jordison has passed away I wonder if our Heavy metal queen will acknowledge this?
I’m gutted myself if I’m honest Iowa is one of my favourite albums.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
been asked to death, but how long can she continue on these current views? She probs gets few sponsorships here and there but enough to fund her lavish lifestyle? All the crap, all the (crap) clothes, all the (crap) food etc.

Reactions: 17
I was about to say maybe she's made some smart investments but then I remembered this was Helen we are talking about and chuckled to myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I put the rest of thar vlog on while I was getting ready this morning. Final thoughts are:

She doesn't disclose that Zipworld was gifted, apart from in the video description
They hadn't planned what to do with the dogs while they were doing it and were lucky there was room for them in that kennels. It sounds like they'd intended to leave them in the car? I'd imagine when you go away with a dog you basically have to plan everything around the fact you have a dog, check where they're allowed etc.
That hotel room must stink with these two and their dogs that still tit on the floor sometimes. Being in a small hotel room with two dogs just doesn't seem like the best idea (happy to be corrected on this). Neither does sleeping on a hotel floor, but these two wear their shoes on their bed at home so there's not much difference.
I genuinely thought Phil's screen had frozen but no, he just doesn't react on the zipwire. Judging from his facial expression alone he could just as easily be at home with chronic diarrhoea.
These vlog commentaries are getting worse. I've just listened to Helen narrating two seagulls having a fight over an orange. Also a phone chat between them about whether dogs are allowed in the castle (they're not). Why does she leave this in? The weird awkward chat with Phil having a microphone shoved under his face as well, just why? I don't understand why they go out of their way to create these weird awkward conversations for the vlog, especially considering they're never interesting to listen to.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just watched the footage of the zip line, and wow phil is such a boring tit he can't even react whilst doing something that fun. Nothing going on behind those eyes at all

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People of Wales I can only apologise her trying to pronounce Llandudno is borderline offensive.

I’m guessing Helen told Fiwl they were going to Mars not Wales owing to his “It’s like a proper little town, it’s got an M&S” comment
Jesus Christ, Helen is this close 🤏 to discovering Wales is a civilised nation 🤣

Are we surprised she can't pronounce Welsh town names? She can't even pronounce 'Bicester' or 'falafel' (or 'basically' apparently 😅)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Wow that was a boring vlog
I haven't watched it but this doesn't surprise me at all. Honestly, I'm getting bored of posting here in general because her content has just become painfully dull. I'm not surprised or outraged by her BS anymore, it's just constant unrecognized privilege whilst she narrates the vlog equivalent to paint drying and slowly bankrupts herself.

This could have actually been interesting content if she didn't vlog every aspect of her life instead of taking time to work on real content. An 'adventure' holiday is pretty cool but I can imagine we get copious shots of McDonalds breakfast, her yelling at the dogs, and dull conversations with Phil that add 0 value to the video, instead of seeing a cool trip.

I really miss 2014 Helen. People change, I get that, but duck me, her content is horseshit now and I wish I wasn't nostalgic about her lmao

Reactions: 20
I’ve just heard Joey Jordison has passed away I wonder if our Heavy metal queen will acknowledge this?
I’m gutted myself if I’m honest Iowa is one of my favourite albums.
ah man it’s rough ay. I remember when I first heard Iowa! Blew my ass off.

she won’t acknowledge that. She’s a ‘top ten’ rocker too busy trying to be the fifth member of Mötley Crüe.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This one is totally getting on my tits too. The people using it are ones that are still spending loads of money on a holiday in the uk. As someone who grew up with no money, I only ever holidayed in the UK and that was always a very cheap one that my parents saved up for, always self catered too.
A staycation is having time off and staying at home, maybe going out on a day trip. Not spending £££ doing luxury holidays that you’ve had to pay a premium for.
All it does is show how out of touch people are.
/rant.
We used to go to Butlins every year as my mum would collect vouchers from the Sun for it. I hated it. Once a kid bit me. 🤣

Helen: 'My YouTube channel has just become me getting McDonalds breakfasts in the car' *fake woody woodpecker laugh*.

...... they do know you can drive somewhere without going via McDonalds, right?

View attachment 682609

More excellent driving with Phil setting off before Helen has even put her seatbelt on and she's doing this

View attachment 682588

This is after they've set off, the car is moving and both his hands are on his drink (yes, a Pret AND a McDonalds!).

View attachment 682597

Sorry, can't get past this point where she's interviewing Phil and he says he's looking forward to 'having a gandle'.... anyone? I assume they somehow made it to Wales without being in a car accident....

View attachment 682600
I get irrationally annoyed every time I see her in this bodysuit as I have the same one.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So her new car looks like a 4x4…. She just posted a brief clip of it being unloaded from a lorry on insta

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Even on finance that car won’t be cheap. She was at the Volvo dealership not long ago, would that mean she’d be buying it brand new? Or was she just going to have a look and see which she wants then buy it second hand? I never knew you could literally get the car delivered either!
how will she sustain these purchases long term…

also with the size of the car she’s got, I believe only people with large families or large dogs should be able to buy such big cars. Like above poster said, why does she need a massive 4x4???

I dread to think what her driving that thing is going to be like 😬 no hands, eating, improper lane use, probably speeding. She reversed off her drive not long back and hit someone’s car, if you go back through all her videos each car she’s owned has either been reversed into a pole/another car or she’s hit someone’s car 😰

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.