Helen Anderson #20 Helen drinks a Whiskey drink, she drinks a Vodka drink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She must be upset, there’s no way she can be happy with that fringe, she must know it looks ridiculous. I don’t like the colour either, it’s too brassy.

Her stylist charges from £550 for a cut and colour and that’s the best he can do apparently. I would love to know if she pays to get her hair done or it’s a freebie. I honestly can’t see what the benefit is for him to do her hair for free - she’s not actually that well known and he has a client waiting list.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
She must be upset, there’s no way she can be happy with that fringe, she must know it looks ridiculous. I don’t like the colour either, it’s too brassy.

Her stylist charges from £550 for a cut and colour and that’s the best he can do apparently. I would love to know if she pays to get her hair done or it’s a freebie. I honestly can’t see what the benefit is for him to do her hair for free - she’s not actually that well known and he has a client waiting list.
I can’t imagine he gets new clients off the back of her either, if I had an appointment booked in with him I’d be cancelling after seeing that hack job.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
EXCUSE ME ?! I don’t live in the UK so maybe that normal for London but this is crazy expensive…
Oh it is crazy expensive, even for London.

The salon is owned by a really well known stylist in fashion and beauty, he's one of the top session stylists in the business. If you look at the bios for all the stylists, including Tom who does Helen's hair, they are all highly trained and work at fashion week, on fashion shoots, have global brand ambassador gigs etc. So they are all likely to have client waiting lists and that's why they get to charge an astronomical amount, they really will be among the best in the business.

Tom trained at Vidal Sassoon who are very big on precision cuts but also on working with what people's hair does naturally, so the state of Helen's hair is inexplicable to me! I used to work at Vidal Sassoon in the 90's (not as a stylist) which is why I have a bit of background knowledge about how high end hair salons work.

Reactions: 25
Her stylist charges from £550 for a cut and colour and that’s the best he can do apparently.

Who on earth can afford to pay £550 for a haircut!? That is absolutely obscene, even more so considering I've had better haircuts from the kitchen scissors.

£550.... for a haircut. I'm in the wrong job aren't I.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Even if I won the lottery I wouldn’t pay £550 for a hair cut. She must get some sort of discount surely?
That’s over a grand in two months just on hair.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Who on earth can afford to pay £550 for a haircut!? That is absolutely obscene, even more so considering I've had better haircuts from the kitchen scissors.

£550.... for a haircut. I'm in the wrong job aren't I.
£550!!!???

I got to a salon in the North East called Longlox (they actually have a show on BBC iplayer called angels of the North)
And I could go get my hair coloured, get extensions, get everything styled for under £300
Without extensions my hair with a ballyage costs £120 and btw i have a fringe and I assure you its miles better than what ever the helk that is on her head!!

Helen take this as a sign to research a local salon and find a better stylist

• Wow
Reactions: 26
If he is such a great hairdressers/ colourist / extensions weaver, why is her barnet such a state?

It must have been a freebie? Surely she wouldn't be dropping over a thousand pounds on her hair?

Reactions: 14
I think at this point, with the terrible cut, colour and condition of her hair, she should go bald.

Honestly, there's no saving it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If he is such a great hairdressers/ colourist / extensions weaver, why is her barnet such a state?
Excellent question, and one I‘ve been asking myself for some time 😆

The same kind of people who pay £10,000 for a designer bag? There is no way a bag can ever be worth that kind of money however well made it is, but there is still a market for them. I remember Becks once buying Posh a £20,000 bag which looked like something you could have got for £35 in Next 😂.

Basically, the hairdresser Helen goes to falls into the luxury price bracket reserved for the rich and famous. There’s a whole category of goods and services that cater to those people, charging ridiculous prices, and they pay them because it makes them feel all special and privileged and gives them a chance to flex. I agree it’s obscene but that’s capitalism for you 🤷‍♀️.

I can see Helga being willing to pay for a top hairdresser because she loves splashing the cash and showing off. You can just hear her going on to her mates about knowing it’s really expensive but you get what you pay for, she can afford the best, her influencer status got her on his client list, blah, blah, blah. I can’t see what’s in it for Tom to do her hair for free.

Reactions: 27
I have a pixie cut and since I moved away from the city I lived for years where I had The Best Hairdresser Ever it's been difficult as hell to find a hairdresser who cuts it as I like, I tried places that cost £100 or more and it was awful, now I found someone who cuts it brilliantly and it's a barber who charges £20. I cannot believe someone who is definitely not rich or famous goes there for that price. It must be free for her. It never looks good.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

The same kind of people who pay £10,000 for a designer bag? There is no way a bag can ever be worth that kind of money however well made it is, but there is still a market for them. I remember Becks once buying Posh a £20,000 bag which looked like something you could have got for £35 in Next 😂.

Basically, the hairdresser Helen goes to falls into the luxury price bracket reserved for the rich and famous. There’s a whole category of goods and services that cater to those people, charging ridiculous prices, and they pay them because it makes them feel all special and privileged and gives them a chance to flex. I agree it’s obscene but that’s capitalism for you 🤷‍♀️.

I can see Helga being willing to pay for a top hairdresser because she loves splashing the cash and showing off. You can just hear her going on to her mates about knowing it’s really expensive but you get what you pay for, she can afford the best, her influencer status got her on his client list, blah, blah, blah. I can’t see what’s in it for Tom to do her hair for free.
Yet she still said to josie that they should both save their pennies when Jose couldn't afford a new pair of docs.

She's SO GROSS.

I know friendships aren't based on gifts, but I've never actually seen her treat her friends apart from Maff with surprising him with Barney which I do think was really sweet.

Reactions: 23
Yet she still said to josie that they should both save their pennies when Jose couldn't afford a new pair of docs.
Yeah, but that was Helen at peak fake sweetness, she was just trying to make herself look nice. It’s obvious to even the most casual observer that she doesn’t ‘save her pennies’ for anything, she just buys what she wants when she wants, probably whacking it all on a credit card.

Reactions: 22
Her hairstyle is somewhat editorial - it’s not a hairstyle for everyday. I don’t know why this guy is handing out these styles to people who can’t pull them off and in Helen’s case, not put the effort into maintain her hair. Lily Melrose at least attempts to style and take care of her hair (though her cut is worse than Helen’s!!). Florence Given has a similar hair cut and fringe and whilst it’s not my cup of tea, she is somewhat more suited to it.

Reactions: 10
Her hairstyle is somewhat editorial - it’s not a hairstyle for everyday.
That’s exactly it, both hers and Lily’s cuts are the kind of thing that looks good if you’ve got someone to style it for you every day (if you haven’t already wrecked your hair first). I reckon they both pay, nothing is listed as ad/gifted, but I reckon he gives them a model rate so he can experiment and they get to feel special telling everyone they go to him at his fancy salon. It’d explain why Helen’s switched up her hair quite a bit nearly every time she’s been there, and why Lily’s is such a bold look.

I don’t know if anyone watches RHOBH but there was a woman called Dana who went round a party telling everyone about her $25,000 sunglasses.

I honestly imagine Helen being the same I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the only reason she goes to Tom is so she can say she goes to Tom.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Good points about Helen going to LoNdOn and seeing a celebrity hairdresser at a top LoNdoN. salon for fellow celebs! The weird flex of i spend x on my hair... bit, but I need to for my career, he does all the celebs (implying she is in the same bracket of fame) however, Helen isn't that well off?

She is foolish if she is wasting thousands on her hair, at least she could in theory resell the bags. Maybe she puts all it on her expenses?

One thing we all seem to be in agreement on is that her hair looks bad, really really bad.

And here I was thinking that £50 odd at my hairdressers for a cut and dye was expensive😬😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.