Helen Anderson #10 ASOS Binge, COVID Whinge and a Festive Minge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i commented on her topshop haul like two years ago about her silence on the philip green allegations and haven't watched her since - until she popped up on my recommended the other week. i now can't watch the crown without seeing her as margaret lool

• Heart
Reactions: 12
this year is the year I learnt some people still do stockings! I had no idea, I thought stockings were meant to be from Santa. I stopped having them 10+ years ago 😅
I mentioned in another thread how I found it weird this other YouTuber still got them (she’s 20 years old) and so many people came for me because they get stockings each Christmas and they’re in their 20s etc

I have so many questions about stockings now... are they from Santa or not? Who are they from if they’re not from Santa? Do people make their own stocking? Everyone in the other thread said they got toiletries in their stocking, is this what they’re meant to be for??? What’s the point in a stocking (if it’s not from Santa)??
My family always do stockings! I’m 22 and my sister is 34 but we still do presents from Santa just because we think it’s funny. Usually in stockings for us it’s gifts that are so small they’d get lost under the tree, like anything in an envelope (money, gift cards, concert tickets) that go in. There’s also occasionally joke gifts or small games and sweets.

I think the point for us/why it’s fun is just that it’s an extra little surprise, no one has seen the shapes of anything in the stocking but the gift-giver so there aren’t any clues. It’s one of my favourite parts of Christmas 😄

On a separate note, it’s just dawned on me how little she really interacts with her subscribers. I was thinking about how a lot of influencers who play animal crossing share their friend codes and play with subscribers occasionally. I know it’s early days for that but it’s what most people did as soon as they had it. She never does lives or anything either? Just seems odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Helen is that person who never stops eating from the minute she finds out she’s pregnant and ends up gaining 5 stone.
Shes the type to say "this isnt my usual size its baby weight".....5 years later...(though shes now a large 14)

Also how disappointed did she look with her presents??!! She looked so deflated at her little pile compared to the ridiculous amount she spent on him.

Reactions: 17
Feel like I’ve been missing out with the stockings! glad people took the time to explain it more in this thread :D

On a separate note, it’s just dawned on me how little she really interacts with her subscribers. I was thinking about how a lot of influencers who play animal crossing share their friend codes and play with subscribers occasionally. I know it’s early days for that but it’s what most people did as soon as they had it. She never does lives or anything either? Just seems odd.
She only interacts if someone’s criticising her! I doubt she’ll ever share her friend/dodo code because that means she’ll have to pretend to be nice for a bit. Honestly though, I wouldn’t even be surprised if she’s put the game down already and got bored of it 🤣 unless you time travel in the beginning (I didn’t because I prefer not to time travel) it can be a little slow to get going waiting for the shops to open and upgrade...not something I can see Helen waiting about for

Reactions: 18
Feel like I’ve been missing out with the stockings! glad people took the time to explain it more in this thread :D

She only interacts if someone’s criticising her! I doubt she’ll ever share her friend/dodo code because that means she’ll have to pretend to be nice for a bit. Honestly though, I wouldn’t even be surprised if she’s put the game down already and got bored of it 🤣 unless you time travel in the beginning (I didn’t because I prefer not to time travel) it can be a little slow to get going waiting for the shops to open and upgrade...not something I can see Helen waiting about for
Interaction is a strong word for blocking and deleting hahaha. But you’re right. She overcompensates in her explanations when it’s a comment criticising (like ppl do when they lie)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i remember getting no attention from her when i called her out over topshop, but had a lot of people agreeing in the comments. the video or two after she mentioned backlash but brushed it off as petty?? were talking about womens rights here helen read the room?

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Very true! I hope she sticks with it long enough for us to see her island though. For someone who seems to be constantly decorating in real life, I can’t see her actually doing anything interesting with it. Mostly because of the social aspect I guess, I’ve only gotten the items I actually wanted through trading with other people.

I knew she’d get game eventually but I just can’t imagine her actually doing anything with it beyond catching fish and bugs.

Reactions: 7
i remember getting no attention from her when i called her out over topshop, but had a lot of people agreeing in the comments. the video or two after she mentioned backlash but brushed it off as petty?? were talking about womens rights here helen read the room?
She probably "wasn't aware until reading the comments" and is still "looking into" the Topshop backlash - as that's her excuse for any type of backlash from places she loves to shop at. She still hasn't addresses the Lush backlash - she "wasn't aware until reading the comments" and she must be still "looking into" that one too aka just ignore it until it goes away but still shop there because she really doesn't give a tit about anything else but herself. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
She would never do a live because she wouldn’t be able to edit her best angles or photoshop the living eff out of her face.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She would never do a live because she wouldn’t be able to edit her best angles or photoshop the living eff out of her face.
She looks like tit in all her vlogs so it wouldn't be any different 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Norwich to Edgefield is a 38 minute drive.

So not a couple of minutes and not even just half an hour down the road.

Awesome.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I think she's too lazy to interact with people and she doesn't really give a tit about her subscribers. Lives tend to take place in the evening and presumably she's too pissed most nights to bother.

I've thought for a while that she's over being an Influencer and definitely over YouTube but she's too scared, apathetic and complacent to give it up and do something else. We have talked many times about how she'd last a week in a proper job and doesn't have the work ethic to build her own successful business. I also suspect that she's got a lot of debt so she needs to keep going for the money but she doesn't enjoy it and that's why she does the bare minimum. Her subs and views are definitely dropping.

Reactions: 22
Apparently tier 5 is coming, so if Norfolk goes in to it we know who influenced that...

Anyone else would be more humble over Christmas not a brag fest! I know so many (myself included) worrying about covering basics like rent!

Rant over...

On a side note, a weeks holiday?! Jesus I wish I could afford to take a week off...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Apparently tier 5 is coming, so if Norfolk goes in to it we know who influenced that...

Anyone else would be more humble over Christmas not a brag fest! I know so many (myself included) worrying about covering basics like rent!

Rant over...

On a side note, a weeks holiday?! Jesus I wish I could afford to take a week off...
Sounds like tier 5 is the same as our level 4 lockdown (NZ), except schools were closed. No contact with other people outside you're bubble. Parks and beaches closed. Only supermarkets, doctors, pharmacy's open. Take aways were opened in level 3. We were in lockdown from March to about June. We went back into level 3 in Auckland in August for three weeks. Masks are mandatory on public transport and flying internally. The thing is lockdowns do work to get the numbers down but, you pay the price with mental health. New Zealand's mental health system was already at breaking point prior to COVID. Now, the waiting list to get help is so long unless, you go private. They said statistically suicide rates dropped but, I don't know about that. People have lost jobs and to top it off, there is a housing shortage because Kiwi's are returning home and are wanting to buy. Property is the only area making more money than ever before...

You are right, it would be nice to take a week off just because... So many people suffering world wide and here is Helen, just cruising through life breaking rules. Buying her dull boyfriend affection.

Reactions: 29
this year is the year I learnt some people still do stockings! I had no idea, I thought stockings were meant to be from Santa. I stopped having them 10+ years ago 😅
I mentioned in another thread how I found it weird this other YouTuber still got them (she’s 20 years old) and so many people came for me because they get stockings each Christmas and they’re in their 20s etc

I have so many questions about stockings now... are they from Santa or not? Who are they from if they’re not from Santa? Do people make their own stocking? Everyone in the other thread said they got toiletries in their stocking, is this what they’re meant to be for??? What’s the point in a stocking (if it’s not from Santa)??
I mean we basically only do stockings after you get to a certain age, I think as we’re older we tend to just not want as much or want our parents to get us expensive stuff so my mum can only think of little things to get us hence the stockings. We don’t make our own! We’ve had the same ones for quite a few years I have no idea where from! The toiletries things quite common, little bottles of booze, toiletries, candles, nail polish, hair stuff clips + bobbles and maybe the odd piece of clothing is all pretty normal for us (Snacky food is normally in there too but I’m not a fan so it’s always skipped for me!) - idk if this was common but I also used to get PEZ in them when I was younger, anyone else? 🤣

Reactions: 7
I mean we basically only do stockings after you get to a certain age, I think as we’re older we tend to just not want as much or want our parents to get us expensive stuff so my mum can only think of little things to get us hence the stockings. We don’t make our own! We’ve had the same ones for quite a few years I have no idea where from! The toiletries things quite common, little bottles of booze, toiletries, candles, nail polish, hair stuff clips + bobbles and maybe the odd piece of clothing is all pretty normal for us (Snacky food is normally in there too but I’m not a fan so it’s always skipped for me!) - idk if this was common but I also used to get PEZ in them when I was younger, anyone else? 🤣
Pez and hair clips, now I'm in my mid twenties it's makeup wipes and chocolate, and I'm ok with that! We also make my mum and stepdads up for them, it's a nice thing to do together on Xmas morning.

Reactions: 10
so I’ve got a cold, but I booked a Covid test for peace of mind and y’know, respect to my fellow humans. Results negative luckily but I can’t believe Helen wouldn’t just get off her arse and do the same when she had a ‘cold’??? So many similar symptoms to a cold and a HANGOVER (fever, sick and diarrhoea) which god knows she must get on the reg. just thinking it all over again made me so mad.
I’m still stewing about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I noticed on marks gfs insta that marks mum only passed February this year.
This makes me sad. He seems quite lovely and I can't imagine the pain of losing a mum.
I really really hope Helen hasn't been horrible, unkind or obnoxious to him in any way after that.
Shocked she didn't do a video about it and somehow make it about her.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.