Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said this to him, it was me finding out instead of him coming clean, I don’t trust him at all, our baby did put his phone in our dogs water bowl 😂 so he hasn’t had a phone for about 2/3 weeks now however we are upgrading this week I can log into his social media’s anytime but that doesn’t mean anything to me personally. He has made more of an effort, we haven’t had rows tbh I’m to angry and hurt to scream and shout but he does know when to leave me alone for a bit x

I have thought this a few times however I have made it very clear I will leave and take the kids with me if it happens again x
I'm not for the kind of relationship where you have each others passwords or access to things like phones and stuff. I think that's a very strange way to be and shows absolutely no trust between a couple.

The fact that you've taken him back already but are still too angry and hurt to even row about the affair speaks volumes. Obviously I don't know every detail, but did you even take a break from him when you found out?

Did you actually make him leave for a while to give yourself time to process the betrayal? Honestly, it doesn't sound like you have processed it and staying together while still feeling so hurt and angry won't do you or your kids any good.

Reactions: 2
I would honestly lose my tit if someone posted that about my man. I’d lose my tit at my man for not making her taking it down

you have way more self control than me, I would go crazy
I have self control because I haven’t seen her, if I came face to face with her I’d headbutt her into next week x

I'm not for the kind of relationship where you have each others passwords or access to things like phones and stuff. I think that's a very strange way to be and shows absolutely no trust between a couple.

The fact that you've taken him back already but are still too angry and hurt to even row about the affair speaks volumes. Obviously I don't know every detail, but did you even take a break from him when you found out?

Did you actually make him leave for a while to give yourself time to process the betrayal? Honestly, it doesn't sound like you have processed it and staying together while still feeling so hurt and angry won't do you or your kids any good.
We’ve always had Face ID/ passwords for each other’s phones it was mainly for sending each other money on online banking, yeah I made him leave and only spoke to him about our child for a while. I do admit I haven’t worked my way through it yet x

Reactions: 3
Could be a number of reasons , someone I know, husband has sexual relationships with other woman with her blessing as she is unable to have sex , it’s not always clear cut
Wow! That must hurt for that poor woman having to know her husband is off with someone else. I'm sorry but in my opinion that woman deep down probably feels obliged to let him stick his wick in someone else because she isn't able to fulfill his sexual needs all so she doesn't lose him. That's a huge lack of respect from her husband if you ask me. While sex is an important part of a relationship, it isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all.

I have self control because I haven’t seen her, if I came face to face with her I’d headbutt her into next week x

We’ve always had Face ID/ passwords for each other’s phones it was mainly for sending each other money on online banking, yeah I made him leave and only spoke to him about our child for a while. I do admit I haven’t worked my way through it yet x
I think it's important that you take the time to really understand how you're truly feeling about it all, and to be completely honest you can't do it with him there.

I've read more of your posts and have to agree with the others. I think your husband is lying to you. The affair sounds like it was way more than he's letting on. And the fact that she knows you well enough to be on your SM shows a complete disregard and huge lack of respect by both your husband and the other woman.

Others might disagree, but personally I don't think a relationship can ever truly recover from cheating. I've seen it happen many times over where the couple tries to move on and for years it looks like they have until one day the last brick of trust just crumbles unexpectedly and it's over. Then you're left looking back while wondering why you spent so many years of your life with someone that didn't deserve your love or loyalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Wow! That must hurt for that poor woman having to know her husband is off with someone else. I'm sorry but in my opinion that woman deep down probably feels obliged to let him stick his wick in someone else because she isn't able to fulfill his sexual needs all so she doesn't lose him. That's a huge lack of respect from her husband if you ask me. While sex is an important part of a relationship, it isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all.

I think it's important that you take the time to really understand how you're truly feeling about it all, and to be completely honest you can't do it with him there.

I've read more of your posts and have to agree with the others. I think your husband is lying to you. The affair sounds like it was way more than he's letting on. And the fact that she knows you well enough to be on your SM shows a complete disregard and huge lack of respect by both your husband and the other woman.

Others might disagree, but personally I don't think a relationship can ever truly recover from cheating. I've seen it happen many times over where the couple tries to move on and for years it looks like they have until one day the last brick of trust just crumbles unexpectedly and it's over. Then you're left looking back while wondering why you spent so many years of your life with someone that didn't deserve your love or loyalty.
I do agree with that tbh x

I really hope you work out what's truly best for you and I'm sending you lots of love right now ❤

But just to say, and I'm not suggesting this would be the case for you. But my parents were married for 50 years, met when they were 15 & 16. My Mum was married at 16 and pregnant not long after. From what I've been told, my Dad wasn't the best to her and he cheated with someone my Mum considered a sort of friend, as in they lived in the same street.

Anyway, the other woman was also married and had children. My Mum found out about the affair, went nuts and that was then end of it. She forgave him and took him back.

Fast forward a few years and he done it again, with the same woman while my Mum was pregnant with my older sister. Again, she found out and put a stop to it, took him back and within a short time the woman and her family moved to the other side of the country.

Fast forward a good few years when everything was supposedly hunky dory, even though my parents argued constantly and my Dad would disappear for days on end. One day when I was about 6 or 7, I remember sitting at the top of the stairs while my Mum was on the phone crying her heart out. Turns out the family had moved back and my Dad was at it again with that very same woman. The person on the phone was the woman's husband informing my Mum of how he had caught them out. He left his wife and advised my Mum to do the same Saying she deserved better.

At that point my parents sort of split up but were still effectively seeing each other but just living apart. My mother even moved us out of our house into a dingy flat, uprooting our entire lives just to be closer to where my Dad now lived.

Well, I spent my teenage years watching my Dad walk home from the pub with different woman after different woman on his arms. I would physically see him with them in the street while I was out with friends. Which was completely embarrassing. Of course, when my Mum found out she went bat tit crazy and beat hell out of the woman, which I didn't condone.

Again, she forgave him and again, just a few years later my Dad was caught out taking his original mistress on holiday with all of my parents circle of friends. When my Mum found out she again, chased him to the holiday spot and put a stop to it. And to my knowledge, I think that was the last time he cheated. But a few years later it came out that one of the mistresses children was actually my Dad's. There's no solid proof, but there is plenty of evidence and he actually does look like a few of my family members.

My point is that my Dad cheated and my mum forgave him time after time. She set the tone for what she was willing to accept because she thought she needed him and she thought she could never be with someone else. So it effectively gave my Dad the green light to do what he wanted because he knew all he had to do was say sorry, take a step back for a while until the chaos settled and then he was free to do what he wanted again.

Fast forward to now and my Mum is in her 70's, my Dad died a few years ago and up until his dying day they were still playing a game of cat and mouse with each other, constantly bickering and never truly recovering from the affairs while still half arsedly trying to be together. Both were extremely unhappy their whole lives.

And now my Mum feels as if she wasted her life and feels like she's too old to do anything better. She often uses the excuse that she forgave him because that's just what you do when you're married and that she couldn't imagine allowing another man into her life or because they had been together so long she didn't want to throw away what they had. She even uses the excuse she was thinking of us, her children. But that's a crappy excuse cause what we heard and witnessed was worse than if she had left him for good and found her happiness.

Sorry for the long post, I just get wound up whenever I hear of cheating. Just know you deserve better than someone who doesn't offer you the decency of respect and loyalty. That's the bare minimum of any relationship.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I really hope you work out what's truly best for you and I'm sending you lots of love right now ❤

But just to say, and I'm not suggesting this would be the case for you. But my parents were married for 50 years, met when they were 15 & 16. My Mum was married at 16 and pregnant not long after. From what I've been told, my Dad wasn't the best to her and he cheated with someone my Mum considered a sort of friend, as in they lived in the same street.

Anyway, the other woman was also married and had children. My Mum found out about the affair, went nuts and that was then end of it. She forgave him and took him back.

Fast forward a few years and he done it again, with the same woman while my Mum was pregnant with my older sister. Again, she found out and put a stop to it, took him back and within a short time the woman and her family moved to the other side of the country.

Fast forward a good few years when everything was supposedly hunky dory, even though my parents argued constantly and my Dad would disappear for days on end. One day when I was about 6 or 7, I remember sitting at the top of the stairs while my Mum was on the phone crying her heart out. Turns out the family had moved back and my Dad was at it again with that very same woman. The person on the phone was the woman's husband informing my Mum of how he had caught them out. He left his wife and advised my Mum to do the same Saying she deserved better.

At that point my parents sort of split up but were still effectively seeing each other but just living apart. My mother even moved us out of our house into a dingy flat, uprooting our entire lives just to be closer to where my Dad now lived.

Well, I spent my teenage years watching my Dad walk home from the pub with different woman after different woman on his arms. I would physically see him with them in the street while I was out with friends. Which was completely embarrassing. Of course, when my Mum found out she went bat tit crazy and beat hell out of the woman, which I didn't condone.

Again, she forgave him and again, just a few years later my Dad was caught out taking his original mistress on holiday with all of my parents circle of friends. When my Mum found out she again, chased him to the holiday spot and put a stop to it. And to my knowledge, I think that was the last time he cheated. But a few years later it came out that one of the mistresses children was actually my Dad's. There's no solid proof, but there is plenty of evidence and he actually does look like a few of my family members.

My point is that my Dad cheated and my mum forgave him time after time. She set the tone for what she was willing to accept because she thought she needed him and she thought she could never be with someone else. So it effectively gave my Dad the green light to do what he wanted because he knew all he had to do was say sorry, take a step back for a while until the chaos settled and then he was free to do what he wanted again.

Fast forward to now and my Mum is in her 70's, my Dad died a few years ago and up until his dying day they were still playing a game of cat and mouse with each other, constantly bickering and never truly recovering from the affairs while still half arsedly trying to be together. Both were extremely unhappy their whole lives.

And now my Mum feels as if she wasted her life and feels like she's too old to do anything better. She often uses the excuse that she forgave him because that's just what you do when you're married and that she couldn't imagine allowing another man into her liuses or because they had been together so long she didn't want to throw away what they had. She even uses the excuse she was thinking of us, her children. But that's a crappy excuse cause what we heard and witnessed was worse than if she had left him for good and found her happiness.

Sorry for the long post, I just get wound up whenever I hear of cheating. Just know you deserve better than someone who doesn't offer you the decency of respect and loyalty. That's the bare minimum of any relationship.
Thank you I appreciate it💖. I hope your mums okay I can understand completely why she did that but it could never be me if he blows this chance were done for good. I do love him and most of the time our relationship is good, I don’t know what I want anymore x

Thank you I appreciate it💖. I hope your mums okay I can understand completely why she did that but it could never be me if he blows this chance were done for good. I do love him and most of the time our relationship is good, I don’t know what I want anymore x
Do you honestly believe he’s not going to do this to you again? Really? And what makes you think this was even the first time he’s cheated on you? You say that this is his last chance but why? Why give him another opportunity to disrespect you again? What did he say to get you to take him back - because he will say the exact same thing the next time he does it.

At the end of the day, only you can make the decision for your own life. But please protect yourself by finding out what it is that you truly want and need.

Take that time to get to know yourself because I can only guess that having been betrayed the way you were would really shake your confidence and feelings of self worth. Don't let your husband tell you or define your worth for you. You deserve the best of a man, not the scraps left over from someone else.

You deserve every piece of his attention and his heart. Don't become the other woman of your own life. Live it for you and put your own happiness before anyone else's.

Wow! That must hurt for that poor woman having to know her husband is off with someone else. I'm sorry but in my opinion that woman deep down probably feels obliged to let him stick his wick in someone else because she isn't able to fulfill his sexual needs all so she doesn't lose him. That's a huge lack of respect from her husband if you ask me. While sex is an important part of a relationship, it isn't and shouldn't be the be all and
yeah I can’t say I agree with it or really understand it but it works for them , I certainly would not allow anything like that .. ever !

Reactions: 1
Do you honestly believe he’s not going to do this to you again? Really? And what makes you think this was even the first time he’s cheated on you? You say that this is his last chance but why? Why give him another opportunity to disrespect you again? What did he say to get you to take him back - because he will say the exact same thing the next time he does it.
I don’t think he would do it again other wise I wouldn’t waste my time trying to fix it, I suppose one factor is I have children with an ex and I’m simply not interested in splitting holidays weekends etc for access to my child again.

At the end of the day, only you can make the decision for your own life. But please protect yourself by finding out what it is that you truly want and need.

Take that time to get to know yourself because I can only guess that having been betrayed the way you were would really shake your confidence and feelings of self worth. Don't let your husband tell you or define your worth for you. You deserve the best of a man, not the scraps left over from someone else.

You deserve every piece of his attention and his heart. Don't become the other woman of your own life. Live it for you and put your own happiness before anyone else's.
I’m taking a lot more time for myself lately, I’m making myself a priority and it feels good x

I don’t think he would do it again other wise I wouldn’t waste my time trying to fix it, I suppose one factor is I have children with an ex and I’m simply not interested in splitting holidays weekends etc for access to my child again.

I’m taking a lot more time for myself lately, I’m making myself a priority and it feels good x
That sounds like one of the reasons you're staying with him is because you can't be bothered to split weekend access of your kids with an ex again.

That shouldn't even be a factor in your decision. Imagine how your kids would feel when they're older to learn you stayed because of that? That's a hell of a lot of guilt to lay on someone. I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate when people use kids as an excuse to stay in a bad relationship.

I understand the annoyance of having to give your children over to an ex for the weekend. I did it for 12 years and it was bloody heartbreaking, but it would never have deterred me from leaving a toxic situation.

That sounds like one of the reasons you're staying with him is because you can't be bothered to split weekend access of your kids with an ex again.

That shouldn't even be a factor in your decision. Imagine how your kids would feel when they're older to learn you stayed because of that? That's a hell of a lot of guilt to lay on someone. I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate when people use kids as an excuse to stay in a bad relationship.

I understand the annoyance of having to give your children over to an ex for the weekend. I did it for 12 years and it was bloody heartbreaking, but it would never have deterred me from leaving a toxic situation.
I’d never lay the guilt/blame on them because ultimately it’s my decision to stay or go

I’d never lay the guilt/blame on them because ultimately it’s my decision to stay or go
I'm not saying you would would be laying guilt on them. I'm pointing out that that could be how they might feel if they ever thought they swayed your decision to stay when deep down you possibly thought you should leave.

I'm sorry if my last post sounded harsh, it's not meant that way. Just make sure you're staying for the right reasons and that you're not selling yourself short.

You said you've been cheated on in every relationship before this one. That must have some effect on you? You even admitted that your previous history with relationships has made you paranoid. I'm guessing that possibly your self esteem has been damaged by those relationships. And when it has been knocked in such a way, repeatedly it can cause your perception of your own self worth to be depleted without even realising it.

The result is that you're more willing to accept behaviour that you don't deserve or that wouldn't normally be acceptable. Try looking at this entire situation as if it were your best friend going through it. What advice would you tell her? Would you tell her she's worth more than that, or that she deserves better?

I'm not saying you would would be laying guilt on them. I'm pointing out that that could be how they might feel if they ever thought they swayed your decision to stay when deep down you possibly thought you should leave.

I'm sorry if my last post sounded harsh, it's not meant that way. Just make sure you're staying for the right reasons and that you're not selling yourself short.

You said you've been cheated on in every relationship before this one. That must have some effect on you? You even admitted that your previous history with relationships has made you paranoid. I'm guessing that possibly your self esteem has been damaged by those relationships. And when it has been knocked in such a way, repeatedly it can cause your perception of your own self worth to be depleted without even realising it.

The result is that you're more willing to accept behaviour that you don't deserve or that wouldn't normally be acceptable. Try looking at this entire situation as if it were your best friend going through it. What advice would you tell her? Would you tell her she's worth more than that, or that she deserves better?
I can see now what you meant sorry if I sounded snappy, it has had an affect on me and my self esteem has been damaged I can see that now. I would absolutely be telling a friend that yes you’re right. I suppose I feel a bit torn he was my happily ever after, after an awful few years with an ex and other issues.

I can see now what you meant sorry if I sounded snappy, it has had an affect on me and my self esteem has been damaged I can see that now. I would absolutely be telling a friend that yes you’re right. I suppose I feel a bit torn he was my happily ever after, after an awful few years with an ex and other issues.
God, don't apologise. I didn't think you were snappy at all. I really feel for you and can totally sympathise about feeling that he was your happy ever after, especially after being in a bad relationship beforehand.

Like I said, only you can make the decision about what's best for you. I've never been cheated on, not really anyway. But my last relationship was after coming out of a very toxic physically abusive one. I thought that finally, after being treated so wrong that I had finally met my Prince charming. Instead, he was more like the frog that was never going to turn into a Prince, no matter the amount of kisses given. We split over 6/7 years ago because he too was an hole, I was just too blind to see it.

It has only been in the last few years, after taking time for myself and staying single that my eyes have been truly opened to the tit I've accepted over the years from guys that weren't even worth my time. I've realised something that I should have realised years ago: That a man, or relationship isn't the key to my happiness. I am. Men and relationships are just a bonus in my life if I choose it. They don't define my self worth.

Make sure you know your own value because you deserve the best of life. ❤

• Heart
God, don't apologise. I didn't think you were snappy at all. I really feel for you and can totally sympathise about feeling that he was your happy ever after, especially after being in a bad relationship beforehand.

Like I said, only you can make the decision about what's best for you. I've never been cheated on, not really anyway. But my last relationship was after coming out of a very toxic physically abusive one. I thought that finally, after being treated so wrong that I had finally met my Prince charming. Instead, he was more like the frog that was never going to turn into a Prince, no matter the amount of kisses given. We split over 6/7 years ago because he too was an hole, I was just too blind to see it.

It has only been in the last few years, after taking time for myself and staying single that my eyes have been truly opened to the tit I've accepted over the years from guys that weren't even worth my time. I've realised something that I should have realised years ago: That a man, or relationship isn't the key to my happiness. I am. Men and relationships are just a bonus in my life if I choose it. They don't define my self worth.

Make sure you know your own value because you deserve the best of life. ❤
I do deserve a hell of a lot better than he’s given me so far, it’s so hard because one minute I think we should try again and the next minute I’m like I just Cba. It’s draining it’s a never ending spiral of thoughts, this is the only place I can really clear my head and I appreciate it. It’s a horrible place to be mentally and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I do deserve a hell of a lot better than he’s given me so far, it’s so hard because one minute I think we should try again and the next minute I’m like I just Cba. It’s draining it’s a never ending spiral of thoughts, this is the only place I can really clear my head and I appreciate it. It’s a horrible place to be mentally and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody 💖
I totally understand that feeling of going back and forth with your doubts and wondering if you're doing the right thing. What you're going through is horrible and you shouldn't have been put in this position to have to make this decision in the first place. You didn't bring this to yourself, your husband did. He broke the vows you took to each other and disrespected you in the process and that I imagine, would be tough to swallow.

Do you feel like what he's done has tainted the relationship for you in any way?

• Heart
Sorry to hear that. But glad you trusted your gut instinct, it's there for a reason.
Just read “gut feelings are guardian angels”, whilst a bit wishy washy/insta-worthy, the sentiment is true.

Just read “gut feelings are guardian angels”, whilst a bit wishy washy/insta-worthy, the sentiment is true.
Totally. My gut instinct about a situation has very rarely steered me wrong. In fact, it's saved me from making huge mistakes quite a few times.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.