Have you ever won any money/competition?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i've been quite lucky with competitions and scratch cards

started at 7 when I won a coco pops monkey on teletext lol
8 i put 10p in a fruit machine that i shouldn't have been near and won £50 quid,
Ive won tickets to see Barbara Streisand (the ex wife loved it, i didnt) , Smash hits poll winners party in 1994 (seriously!), Leeds festival VIP weekend tickets, meet and greet and concert tickets for Mariah Carey (she was lovely despite the rumours she was a cow), Kelly Clarkson (tiny but sweet) Laura Mvula who was really chilled and laid back

Also won £500 on scratch card, £200 and £100 twice and a few times with £50 and £20, i used to buy a scratch card each pay day but i don't do it regularly now

Reactions: 3
I won a haircut with Lee Stafford at his salon in London along with a goodie bag of products.....that was good and he was such a lovely guy! Oh and won £300 on a £10 bet that Bobby Beale killed Lucy in EastEnders 😂

My nan was the best one though....won 2x season tickets for any Premier League football teams many years ago out a box of Birdseye frozen burgers. She called up and asked for Crystal Palace ones instead as they were the team the family supported (and this was when they were a bit pants aswell in like the Fiest Division!) Bearing in mind we live in South London so had a few big teams we could have gone to see for the experience alone.... Birdseye must have rubbed their hands with the money they saved on those season tickets!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Won a tgi Fridays meal before
Won 60 quid on scatchcards
Won 100 quid on bingo
150 on boom25

Reactions: 1
My cousin won £500,000 on a £5 scratchcard. She didn't think it was a winner though and left it in the cup holder of her car. She was going to throw it away when her boyfriend stopped her and showed her that she had won!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Won 5.5k in 2006 on sun bingo then won 10k on tombola bingo 2018 with the I’m a celebrity promotion.

Reactions: 4
I've won a few Facebook competitions over the years. Won tickets to see Busted, a day out at Lightwater Valley , a giant otter feeding experience at the zoo and a £80 meat hamper from a local butcher

Reactions: 2
I won 1400 pound from a 100 bet about 10 years ago, I bet on Leeds to win in-play when they were 1-0 down, I kid you not the winner come in the 104th minute after a long injury stoppage, my gambling days like that are over as I have restricted my accounts to bet that big

Reactions: 3
I won a week in a holiday cottage once, and a camera when I was like 5 in a colouring competition 😂

I also won £350 on the grand national, and a few £5/£10s on scratch cards

Back when radio stations were local I used to win quite regularly. I got a PS1 and games, various DVDs and CDs and £200. Won random bits and bobs from a cat magazine and online but nothing major sadly lol

£400 on one of them betting/bingo sites.

I know someone who won 25k on an ITV competition. He spunked it all away.

Years ago - a portable tv - mobile phone when they were the size of a brick - holiday in Spain.
Local radio station - won lots of meals out as where we lived not many people entered them and we would enter in different names.
Ferry return ticket from Santander to UK. 2 Flights return to UK. A couple of £1.000 on P. Bonds and small ones.
A friend had a friend staying with him and asked if he could bring him to dinner and we went out with them a couple of time. When he had gone home he told us this guy had just won a million on the Premium Bonds and the neighbours had found out so he wanted to get away..:)

• Wow
Yes, I've been comping seriously since about 2006. I've been very lucky over the years. Money, cruises, holidays, vouchers, tech, toys, etc. At the start I was winning at least a prize a week, but the winnings have tailed off dramatically in the last 5 years due to a combination of more people doing it due to it being featured by the likes of Martin Lewis, me being more selective and companies offering less prizes (or lower value prizes) than before.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve had a few premium bonds wins but nothing crazy , every few years or so I seem to win £50 and it’s a nice surprise

My grandmother was just one number off winning £70,000,000 on the EuroMillions a couple of years back. You can imagine the devastation.
My aunt has been doing the lottery for donkey years.I remember her spending £80 once. She asked my 4 year old cousin for numbers in her room. She didn't use them. Every single one of them came up.

I've also won £25 x2 with premium bonds this year. First year of having them. I don't have a huge amount less then 2.5k now.

Last edited:
  • Wow