Have you ever won any money/competition?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not me but a friend of my husband won a million on the euro millions a few years ago when they did a thing to make 20 millionaires or something. He got the England 3 lions badge paved on his drive 😂

also, not me again! But a work colleague put a bet on a few years ago that Leicester city would win the football league right at the start of the season and he won about £40k.

Reactions: 9
that was me as a kid, we used to do the lottery every year at Christmas/Easter/New Year, or when the jackpot was big.
I chose a row of numbers that were all beside each other (I was about 6/7) and my mum got me to choose again because they were not gonna come up.

everyone came up 😂 she had the docket with them all marked on that she hadn’t played.
she owes me big time 🤪
Aww bummer! I’ve never won anything so far (I’m not lucky in that sense) but I’d be scared to stop playing in case my numbers did eventually come up. 😂

My parents got 5 numbers plus bonus ball on National Lottery back in 2002 they won £76,434.00.
My uncle last month thought he had won £18,000 on lottery - yes he would've had he actually bought a ticket.
I haven't won anything major, a few tenners on post code lottery

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Keep meaning to sign up for post code lottery, someone I know won £30k

most I’ve ever won was a £20 new look card that never arrived and a cinema ticket

Actually, I won a £100 voucher for a wedding shop and some tickets to a bride show when I was getting married. Had to go on the radio and answer a question. My one and only time I have ever won anything!

got 5 numbers on the lottery once, almost a grand won and back in my single days I won tickets to the brit awards on the local radio station, was star struck for sure ;) oh and my son won a Merlin annual family pass too!

My friend missed out on winning £16k on a radio competition as she’d just had some amazing news about her husband and her hands were shaking too much to answer the phone 🤦🏻‍♀️ All she had to do was answer within five rings and confirm the amount!

She must have still won a large amount?
I didn’t ask her how much she got, but she did win a few grand. Not as much as you’d expect for getting that many numbers though. I do know from my mum that what she did get, she shared amongst her children.

Reactions: 2
I won $4,000 on the slots in Vegas. It was on our first of five nights and pretty much paid for our holiday 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My ex won an ITV phone competition. We just caught the end of a show we'd never seen and he just said "I'll have some of that" when he saw the prizes. He sent a text, they called him the next day to say he'd been "shortlisted" and got some family details and then set it all up behind his back (and mine) Lionel Blair was on my driveway a few days later 😂

He (we) won about £20,000 worth of stuff in total including a holiday and a speedboat (which we swapped for the cash)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I've never won more than £50 cash, but I have won so many competitions worth a lot more!

I actually thought the “real people win itv comps” was a lot of bull tit. I’m gonna get me involved.

I won tickets to... drum roll please... peppa pig at the theatre. Don’t hate the player

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’d absolutely hate a tv crew randomly turning up at my door.
It was bleeping mortifying!!!! Lionel ended up on a trampoline (another of the prizes) with a glass of champagne in the back garden for the final shot. I absolutely refused to have any part of that! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13