Have you ever won any money/competition?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've won a few quid on scratchcards a few years ago, stopped buying them after the novelty wore off.

I won a bottle of champagne in a prize draw and my Brother won an Epson Printer at a prize draw at
some photographic event at Earls Court.

I won a drawing competition at Wimpy as a kid and got a volleyball net for the garden with one of these bad boys 😎😎

1622443217239.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I've won £10 on the postcode lottery a few times but am beginning to wonder if it's worth bothering. All it really means is you get your monthly ticket cost back. I know if I did cancel though i'd keep checking the results to see if we'd have won the big one! 😂
I’m the same. When I think how many years I’ve paid out for it- I wish I’d just put the tenner in a savings account each month. A few months ago I won £10 two months in a row but that is literally it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I won £500 through my employers lottery scheme - I’d only started playing a few weeks before, so had only spent £10 on tickets in total! plus I was on extended mat leave at the time so not even at work 😂😂. A few weeks after that I won a GPS cat tracker in an Instagram competition!

Small amounts on scratchcards, a backstage pass, signed comic book. What I really want to know is someone who has won the gadget show comp,thats gotta be the dream.

Reactions: 4
I won a fiver once in a game of bingo at a pub 😂 i also won a bottle of prosecco at a pub but I was drunk I cant remember how I won it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I didn’t work for a year a while back due to my son being poorly, I spent an hour each evening entering comps. I won £5k and a 4 night holiday to Las Vegas with a meet and greet with Penn & Teller with itv. I won £2k Sainsbury’s vouchers and £10k sports equipment for a school of my choice. Tv’s washing machine, dryer vacuum cleaner, lots of household electricals. Loads of show tickets. A weekend in London for me and 9 friends with front row seats at London fashion week, I didn’t tell them it was through a gay magazine and we’d all be sharing double beds 🙈😂, I wone loads of books, toys, food, vouchers etc. Think I might start again 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Not really money but I’d definitely recommend anyone into competitions to check out bonkers competitions! My boyfriend bought some fireworks from their usual business and they’ve recently set up a raffle business. I bought a £1.99 ticket or something like that for an outdoor pizza oven and I won! I know it’s not mega but it’s something I wouldn’t buy and it will be lovely for the summer, he does quite a few and recently won 12 bottles of Prosecco too from a £2 ticket. Really worth a go and they deliver the prizes to you.
I follow the bonkers competition guys and they are a real laugh, never thought I'd win anything but after seeing your winnings on here signed up and only went and won a paid of Raybans! Thanks 😁

Had other winnings over the years, nothing major Kaiser Chief tickets, biking sunglasses, tshirt, fudge voucher, etc.

Reactions: 3
Pepsi ran a competition years back where you could win £500 pound every hour by putting in your code from your bottle and I actually won 😂

I also won some high tech computer mouse on the hotukdeals Christmas hunt a few years ago which I sold on eBay 😂

A few years ago I won tickets to see Kings of Leon at Hyde park too.

Won my second competition of the year, some kind of Tetris board game. Moneysavingexpert's competitions forum coming up trumps again.

Reactions: 2
When I was about 9 or 10 yrs old, I was in school and it was around Easter time. The whole school had an Easter art competition. Someone from each class won & then there was an overall school winner. The prize was Easter eggs & the overall winner got lots of Easter eggs, like the big galaxy ones & lots of Cadbury ones...etc.
Anyways I won the overall art competition 😸 it was so cool! I am unfortunately type 1diabetic so that's a bit shite but still 🤷‍♀️🍫💉

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Won the odd £5,£10,£15,£20,£25,£30 on the bingo, lotto or scratch cards
Won something at tgi Fridays years ago think it was food but can't remember
When I was a kid I Won a football kit and membership stuff and some other things from my local team
I won a personalised Tumbler from some cartoon company
I Won like £300 on a twitter competition
And I'm in the middle of trying to win £1000 on paddy Power beat the drop
I enter loads of competitions I use latestdeals

I used to use Loquax to find comps but no idea if that's still running. Seeing as I spend so much time wasting online of an evening I should get back into comping 🤣

my three friends and I won £30k on the National game at the Bingo about three years a go on NYE!

• Heart
60BB5357-7EB1-4252-920D-51A4268FE7B3.jpeg

Let’s hope I’ve won big, they always send this when you can’t even log in to check 😭🙄
I know it’ll probably be £1 but I can dream 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1231604
Let’s hope I’ve won big, they always send this when you can’t even log in to check 😭🙄
I know it’ll probably be £1 but I can dream 😂
If we don't hear from you again, we'll assume you're somewhere exciting, drinking champagne! ;)

I won a car a few weeks ago. I was so, so excited! I opted for the cash equivalent though, as I'm very happy with my existing car. It's not a huge amount, but it was enough to send a few people three-month packages of readymade meals anonymously and put some money aside for a rainy day.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If we don't hear from you again, we'll assume you're somewhere exciting, drinking champagne! ;)

I won a car a few weeks ago. I was so, so excited! I opted for the cash equivalent though, as I'm very happy with my existing car. It's not a huge amount, but it was enough to send a few people three-month packages of readymade meals anonymously and put some money aside for a rainy day.
£3.80 😆😂
Congrats and what a nice thing to do 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got a free bag of sweets from Woolworths posted to me at home.

£50 on premium bonds. My holding is much smaller at the moment.

Four times for free from M&S sparks card scheme.

Reactions: 1