Have you ever won any money/competition?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t, but thanks to this thread I’ve just signed up to the postcode lottery 😂 I’ll come back when I’ve won 30K

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I signed up to Postcode Lottery after a friend of a friend won 30k. That was around 3 years ago and I have had a couple of £10 wins every year but no biggy prize yet!!! 🤞

Reactions: 4
Not really money but I’d definitely recommend anyone into competitions to check out bonkers competitions! My boyfriend bought some fireworks from their usual business and they’ve recently set up a raffle business. I bought a £1.99 ticket or something like that for an outdoor pizza oven and I won! I know it’s not mega but it’s something I wouldn’t buy and it will be lovely for the summer, he does quite a few and recently won 12 bottles of Prosecco too from a £2 ticket. Really worth a go and they deliver the prizes to you.

I’ve won a £250 spa voucher. £150 on premium bonds. £10 on postcode lottery. Probably about £53.20 on lottery, one win was £3.20 which meant I couldn’t even use it all to buy another ticket/online games since the cheapest instant game is 25p.

I cancelled Postcode Lottery this month. Hadn’t had a win in over 12 months, but paid out £120 (£10 per month subscription)
I was winning between £30-£50 a year previously.

• Sad
No but I was one number away from winning €1.1million on the Irish lottery. I still think about it all the time 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I never win anything substantial, think the most I’ve ever won is around £100 on the lottery. I enter the itv competitions regularly because I like to dream and obviously have never won a thing.

Used to play the lottery regularly but got sick of it getting more and more expensive so now I only do it every now and then. Been thinking about the postcode lottery for a while but haven’t taken the plunge with that one yet.

Reactions: 3
My dad used to win money all the time. In the 80s,very occasionally he used to use slot machines in the pub, everytime he did he won £100,he was definitely counting the odds when he won though. When the lottery started he played every week and every few weeks or months he'd win something, £10 or £50. He once won £3500 on the lottery. Then, the day he found out he had terminal cancer he won £25 on the Euro millions, he said he didn't feel so lucky that day 😢

• Sad
Been doing the competitions on the Money Saving Expert comping forum weekly since the start of the year. Won my first prize earlier this month, a mattress worth £500. I was a bit sceptical about comping but winning legitimized the whole giveaways and competitions process.

My parents won five numbers on the lottery when I was a kid - it felt like this utterly amazing thing because we were so skint at the time. I told everyone we’d “won the lottery”, it honestly felt like the jackpot to me!

I won a free session with a “celebrity” stylist and the chance to pick out a new outfit for free at the opening of a clothes shop as a teen. She convinced me to pick a top I didn’t really like and I was too shy to say I would have preferred another one!

That’s all I’ve ever won beyond gambling, which I don’t think counts in the same way.

I won £100 in a magazine competition that was called Cute Wars: pets vs babies or something. Anyway, my dog was cuter than all the babies 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I cancelled Postcode Lottery this month. Hadn’t had a win in over 12 months, but paid out £120 (£10 per month subscription)
I was winning between £30-£50 a year previously.
I am wondering if I should canx too. Since april 2018 my postcode has won £50.
So do wonder if it is fixed?

I am wondering if I should canx too. Since april 2018 my postcode has won £50.
So do wonder if it is fixed?
Hard to say really. Really hope it’s not fixed, especially as it’s affiliated with so many charities. Does it still sponsor Emmerdale?
I just thought one day I’ve paid £120 out in a year and not won a penny back!

Maybe Jeff Brazier can come knocking on my door and persuade me otherwise 😍

• Haha
Two competitions on Moshi Monsters when I was eleven within a few weeks of each other 😆 I seem to win on the gimmicky things rather than big/good prizes - e.g. a few years ago Onken the yoghurt company ran a campaign on social media where you could create your own yoghurt and if it was deemed a winner they’d create it and send it to you - won twice on that (but missed delivery once and when it was eventually delivered to me it was rancid 😆)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I won an all inclusive holiday to Le Sport in St Lucia a few years ago. I was a member of this really fancy health club in Chiswick and you collected stamps for doing various activities and how often you used the gym etc. Because I was a twice a day exercise obsessed gym nut I pretty much was bound to win 😂 Plus most of the other members were so rich they probably didn’t even bother 😳
I‘ve won a fair few Instagram giveaways too including a massive amount of xmas decorations, mugs, prints, candles etc

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've won £10 on the postcode lottery a few times but am beginning to wonder if it's worth bothering. All it really means is you get your monthly ticket cost back. I know if I did cancel though i'd keep checking the results to see if we'd have won the big one! 😂

I’ve won £30 on the lottery.. that’s about it 🤦🏼‍♀️ I play the lottery occasionally but that’s about the only thing I enter. I’ve text the itv comps once or twice but always think it’s a scam to be honest.
Those that enter loads of comps, where do you do it?! I want to win a holiday or a car or anything really 🤣