Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was 15 I got a job in a new takeaway that opened up near where I lived. The guys who worked in the kitchen travelled from a city over 50 miles away. The family who had the business were lovely but 2 of the kitchen guys were creeps. One of them was a few years older than me and kept being really inappropriate with sexual comments toward me but at that age I just ignored it and kept out his way. On a few occasions he mentioned about a knife he kept On him for protection too. Then after about a year he was never at work, the boss was like oh yeah he won’t be back ever again!! Few months later got the shock of my life seeing his face staring back from the paper that he was one of 3 suspects wanted for a horrific racial murder of a young 16 year old boy. He’s now serving life for it.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
My cousins cousin was in the same year as my younger brother at school so we all hung out together. Few years ago he got sent down for shaking his gfs baby to death. Was a real shock as he was a lovely kid

• Sad
Reactions: 2
This isn’t someone I know personally and they weren’t murderers ... but when I was working in a gym and signed up two blokes who were dodgy to say the least. I was new to the area and didn’t really know much. The guy I was working with turned round to me and said “do you not know who they were?” Obviously my answer was no, it turned out they/their family were charged for modern day slavery. Apparently it was a massive thing in the area that everyone knew about. They mainly targeted men who were homeless or had learning difficulties and it went on for like 25 years!

I was so creeped out by the whole situation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I went to school with a guy who was convicted of murder a few years after we left.
I played cricket with a guy charged with attempted murder but was convicted of GBH with intent
i know a guy who is currently awaiting trial for murder

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Not directly, someone i used to work with their brother was convicted of murder. The ex colleague was super lovely and had a loving family. The brother was caught up with the wrong people/drugs and welll....

Someone in my sister's circle was convicted of being involved in a group killing of a vulnerable man. I don't know much about it but was pretty shaken to hear that

Since some people have mentioned sex crimes: I went to two different high schools - my first one didn't have much in the way of sixth form provision so after GCSEs I moved to a new school for A-Levels. I later found out that very shortly after I left, a teacher at my previous school had been convicted of raping a student; the victim was about 12-13, he'd gone over to their house whilst their parents were at work and tricked them into letting him in! This man never taught me, he mostly taught the younger classes and had started working there when I was already further up; but it was a small school, I knew him and he'd supervised me during school events. That was a shocker

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
One of the lads from my year in high school murdered his ex and her new bf many years ago. It was horrific.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not a murderer as such but one day we where in hull east yorkshire
kids where playing up as kids do so I said we’d take a walk to the local b&m so they could spend some of their pocket money and just to get out of my ex’s flat
we got across the road and my youngest who was in her buggy kicked her boot off
i stopped to put it back on as it was cold and I didn’t want her foot to freeze
as it was we passed a cemetery which had a low fence and bushes running along it on the other side of the fence and the main road on our other side
we got there,the kids bought their tat,I had a look in the next and we started to walk back which had taken about 45 minutes
only to see a tit load of police standing right where we’d stopped to put 6th child’s boot back on
turns out a homeless bloke had been murdered and dumped there
and my ex knew one of the blokes who’d done it-he’d lived in the William booth homeless building with him that was just over the road to this about a year earlier
still makes me go cold to think how close we’d been-about a foot from the poor guy
if we’d have walked past an hour earlier we’d have seen the guy get killed
my thoughts go out to his family
That area always makes me feel unsafe. There's always police vans outside William Booth too. Full of smack heads, one of the guys outside there chased my friend who lived just near the ice arena at the time! The graveyard is getting dug up now I think.
I know I am quoting you a year on but I've just been reading the thread!

Not so much convicted, but speculation a friend ex is wanted for being involved in someone's death. He used to push her down the stairs and stuff and him & another female left this girl for dead in the flat for a few days, unsure of how she died but it's speculated they're involved in some way. Even if drug related, they still left her for dead.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Years ago I used to work in a sandwich shop and did the odd shift with the managers husband, who she would bring in to cover if we were short-staffed. He was a giant bear of a man, the head bouncer at the local club, but really nice and we got on well.

Found out many years later that he killed a delegate at a medical conference, he followed her into the ladies toilets and bashed her head in with a fire extinguisher 😣 He’s in jail now obviously but it chills me to think of the evenings we spent in the shop just the two of us, with no customers for ages at a time. As I say, he was always lovely to me but just to know someone that you’ve been in close proximity with and spent time with, has that in them is horrendous.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I went to school with a boy that murdered his girlfriend and their unborn baby. He put her body in a suitcase and got a taxi to the other side of town with the suitcase in tow and and burried her in his relatives grave!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Growing up in NI at the height of the troubles, and the country having different paramilitary's, we knew quite a few who ended up in Jail, some doing life for different murders. My friends dad is still inside for his role in a few murders back it the day. If you read up about the NI troubles you will fall down so many rabbit holes.

Reactions: 5
Not that I know of, but according to statistics the average person meets or has walked past sixteen murderers in their lifetime.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Just the one, I went to college with him and he dated my friend. It wasn’t a very healthy relationship lots of partying and coke binges. She eventually dumped him and had to have a restraining order. He went on to murder his next girlfriend and his parents covered it up. Really awful human.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Not that I know of, but according to statistics the average person meets or has walked past sixteen murderers in their lifetime.
I used to finish work around the same time a guy who murdered his wife locally. He dumped her body in the woods and did press conferences begging her return before she was found. He still managed to get away with just manslaughter, blaming a sex game gone wrong. He’d served his time and clearly was working again. I passed him in the street nearly every day at home time. Sent a shiver down my spine. I still feel very sorry for the family of his wife who didn’t get justice for her death at all.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I used to finish work around the same time a guy who murdered his wife locally. He dumped her body in the woods and did press conferences begging her return before she was found. He still managed to get away with just manslaughter, blaming a sex game gone wrong. He’d served his time and clearly was working again. I passed him in the street nearly every day at home time. Sent a shiver down my spine. I still feel very sorry for the family of his wife who didn’t get justice for her death at all.
Bondage " accidents " are a popular excuse.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Just the one, I went to college with him and he dated my friend. It wasn’t a very healthy relationship lots of partying and coke binges. She eventually dumped him and had to have a restraining order. He went on to murder his next girlfriend and his parents covered it up. Really awful human.
Elliot Turner?

Reactions: 1
Bondage " accidents " are a popular excuse.
I once visited a web page dedicated to women who have been murdered and their murderers not getting appropriate sentences because the killings were downgraded due to their partner blaming sex games gone wrong. All UK.

It is an extremely common excuse that works a treat, apparently.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
This wasn't Westhill by any chance was it?

Reactions: 1