Harry & Meghan - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The frigging letter to the washing up liquid brand yet a frigging gain. How many times does that story have to be dragged up.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Their whole story is garbage.

"We want privacy" ("Oh, wait - take our picture.") (hired multiple PR firms, paid bots for "likes", very easy/inexpensive)

"We want to do service on our terms" ("Let's sell our names and content -- that's only about ourselves.")

What service have they truly done? How are they helping others? They are the ones spreading hate.
Nothing to do with her race. People don't like her because she is a mean, petty, imperious, self-entitled byoch.
Sorry, not buying any of it.

Reactions: 13
I think part of especially her problem is she is stuck in the instagram/blogging world of 2015/16 when she last had her blog. Her way of presenting everything is very contrived and cliche now. Also people see through it a lot easier. It adds to the lack of authenticity and people finding it harder to trust. Wording is very flowery, images are overly contrived

It's been 3 years since they left, and really they are not much further along in their careers or service to whoever they plan to serve. They could have had a 'we'll show you' type attitude and had a plan to make it on their own terms and help charities that mean a lot to them. But still everything reverts back to their royal links.

Reactions: 13
It's been 3 years since they left, and really they are not much further along in their careers or service to whoever they plan to serve. They could have had a 'we'll show you' type attitude and had a plan to make it on their own terms and help charities that mean a lot to them. But still everything reverts back to their royal links.
To be fair, most philanthropists don’t seem to walk around shouting that they’re supporting this or that charity constantly. They also seem to have a “main” job

The RF is a bit weird in that regard

Reactions: 4
Could someone explain the whole neice thing? Sorry to be that person, but this show doesn't look like a worthwhile investment of 5-6 hours to watch.

Could someone explain the whole neice thing? Sorry to be that person, but this show doesn't look like a worthwhile investment of 5-6 hours to watch.
Her and Meghan were really close for a number of years. Loads of pics and insta naffness to show evidence.

then Meg rang her said the palace had advised her not to invite her as It would look weird she wasn’t inviting her half sister but was inviting the daughter. Then Meg pretty much cut her off

palace have denied it

Reactions: 5
As the poster above mentioned plus it seemed like Meg was love-bombing her (the niece) taking her away on trips, lots of touchy feely photos, hugging etc. To me (may not seem to anyone else) it seemed like M was trying to get her niece to like her more than her sister, Samantha. So this niece is family, you've been on solo trips together and then she just cuts her off. Its weird. The niece is clearly hurt.

Reactions: 8
Her and Meghan were really close for a number of years. Loads of pics and insta naffness to show evidence.

then Meg rang her said the palace had advised her not to invite her as It would look weird she wasn’t inviting her half sister but was inviting the daughter. Then Meg pretty much cut her off

palace have denied it
Ah thanks, I wouldn't have thought it would raise many eyebrows if her neice was there and not her sister. The sister was already going to the press herself so people knew she wouldn't attend.

I wonder if one person questioning if it's a good idea has been turned into "the palace" saying it was a bad idea? I think lots of the Harry and Meghan issues were caused by the queen and other advisors taking a less hands on roll and letting them get on with it.

Ah thanks, I wouldn't have thought it would raise many eyebrows if her neice was there and not her sister. The sister was already going to the press herself so people knew she wouldn't attend.

I wonder if one person questioning if it's a good idea has been turned into "the palace" saying it was a bad idea? I think lots of the Harry and Meghan issues were caused by the queen and other advisors taking a less hands on roll and letting them get on with it.
Agree 100% - and they absolutely fucked it

Watched the first part of episode one up until it started going into how they met, got bored and turned it off. Might finish it one night when I’ve nothing else to watch, didn’t find it captivating or interesting enough to continue watching tbh.

New trailer
I don't think it's a lie that William and Kate are more protected but I think thats not due to any conspiracy to throw Harry and Meghan to the wolves, it's because the former give control and can be managed.

Harry and Meghan wanted some half in and half out arrangement but with retaining their own control. I don't think this was possible and it was probably difficult to manage. Someone should have taken a grip on the situation to say they had unrealistic expectations before it got out of control.

Harry seems pretty thick and unable to see things rationally.

Reactions: 8
As the poster above mentioned plus it seemed like Meg was love-bombing her (the niece) taking her away on trips, lots of touchy feely photos, hugging etc. To me (may not seem to anyone else) it seemed like M was trying to get her niece to like her more than her sister, Samantha. So this niece is family, you've been on solo trips together and then she just cuts her off. Its weird. The niece is clearly hurt.
I mean, the niece had to he taken off Samantha and adopted by her grandparents, so that's a pretty low bar! Why would the niece have done such a long piece in the documentary which is clearly a puff piece if she felt she was cut off? It seemed to me like she blamed Samantha.

Reactions: 5
All 3 of Samantha’s children (2 diff fathers) were estranged and eventually raised with grandparents
She is hugely problematic, and I wouldn't believe her or her dodgy brother, even though Meghan is also a liar. They are clearly after the money and are i fuencing the father - who they were also estranged from until Harry came on the scene! The whole Markle family look like trailer trash.

Reactions: 2
Poor Harry, he does fit that dim aristocrat stereotype 😄

It all felt dull. No one cares about their love story except H&M, people are watching for the dirt. I think Harry is more like his father than he thinks - in terms of being paranoid (except it's the paps rather than assassination). The re-writing of history re: Diana was weird.

I thought referencing Stephen Lawrence's murder was totally out of line. I doubt Harry could even find Eltham on a map.
Dragging poor Stephen Lawrence's murder into was cheap. Surprised his family agreed to have his story used in such a way.

Agree with all your points. Her niece from what I saw is the good reflection from her family. Has she been fully cut off do you think or are they on speaking terms now? I also thought it was a weak excuse that for security reasons she could not attend but was perfectly fine for her mum and celeb friends. 😕
I agree, why would inviting the niece be so problematic? If Oprah and George Clooney can be assured of their safety, Im pretty sure the niece would have been OK. Id love to know the real reason she wasnt there.

palace have denied it
Also, Meghan and the niece REALLY look alike

Reactions: 1
If Harry and Meghan want to get good press coverage they need to do things worthy of good press! Since leaving the Royal family they've done nothing but float around selling interviews, books, podcasts, documentaries about how misunderstood and badly treated they've been. But what do they want to achieve now? What talents do they have? What's their job? What do they have to offer the world that is so important and worthy of the millions they're paid? Ok, they've done a little charity work, but very little compared to the public service the royal family does. What's next for them? These are things they could have addressed in this documentary, not more looking back at their love story and more whinging.

If Harry and Meghan want to get good press coverage they need to do things worthy of good press! Since leaving the Royal family they've done nothing but float around selling interviews, books, podcasts, documentaries about how misunderstood and badly treated they've been. But what do they want to achieve now? What talents do they have? What's their job? What do they have to offer the world that is so important and worthy of the millions they're paid? Ok, they've done a little charity work, but very little compared to the public service the royal family does. What's next for them? These are things they could have addressed in this documentary, not more looking back at their love story and more whinging.

and this is what I could find with no effort. It’s not that they’re not doing good things, it’s that nobody wants to report on it unless it can be linked with an ulterior motive

and this is what I could find with no effort. It’s not that they’re not doing good things, it’s that nobody wants to report on it unless it can be linked with an ulterior motive

The first one was the brand giving the bags though. M just attached her name to it.

The second one was completely inappropriate to visit so obviously and take the attention away from the victims of the shooting.

Then there's a couple of photo ops serving food.

And a deceitful link that pretends they gave $1m when Ving as a charity sources money from various places, not from H+M in its entirety. But it reads as if they donated $1m, which they didnt.