Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
From the BBC live feed

This is a great love story," says Harry, as we see him pushing Lilibet in a pram with Archie toddling alongside, on a sunny family walk with Meghan.

"And the craziest thing is I think this love story is only just getting started."

He adds: "She sacrificed everything she ever knew, the freedom that she had, to join me in my world.

"And then pretty soon after that, I ended up sacrificing everything that I know to join her in her world."

I can taste a little bit of vomit in my mouth…..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Poor Harry, he does fit that dim aristocrat stereotype 😄

It all felt dull. No one cares about their love story except H&M, people are watching for the dirt. I think Harry is more like his father than he thinks - in terms of being paranoid (except it's the paps rather than assassination). The re-writing of history re: Diana was weird.

I thought referencing Stephen Lawrence's murder was totally out of line. I doubt Harry could even find Eltham on a map.

• Angry
Reactions: 18

okdo2022

VIP Member
From the BBC live feed

This is a great love story," says Harry, as we see him pushing Lilibet in a pram with Archie toddling alongside, on a sunny family walk with Meghan.

"And the craziest thing is I think this love story is only just getting started."

He adds: "She sacrificed everything she ever knew, the freedom that she had, to join me in my world.

"And then pretty soon after that, I ended up sacrificing everything that I know to join her in her world."

Who do they think they are "Romeo and Juliette" Who says this sort of stuff???

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Yel

Chatty Member
😬

It's all too cringe. I do feel a bit sorry for very privileged people given a platform who are too dim to realise how ridiculous their rhetoric is.

Harry was born into a very difficult situation, but he doesn't seem very well rounded or objective about it. Media intrusion and paparazzi is totally different thesedays compared to a few decades ago.

Web30

VIP Member
Watched the 3 eps, i enjoyed it. I dont follow them so was going in with no real opinion, but they seem a great couple

• Haha

Wazabi

Chatty Member
I just can’t respect a grown adult who shortens names to an initial.
I interpreted that as another way for Meghan to manipulate Harry, and creating a new identity for him written and directed by her.

Also, the narrative that Meghan is trying to push of her being brought up by a single mother in poor mid-wilshire neighborhood in LA is ridiculous. I lived in that neighborhood and it is no slam. She went to school in Hollywood and had a graduation ceremony at the Hollywood Bowl?! That's a big deal, you know? Her pushing the poor-me mixed race bs is so cringe, like she's trying to create the problematic childhood she didn't have, just to play the victim.

Last edited:
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
From the BBC live feed

He forgot to add 'and then we tried to ruin my family'.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Its almost as if Netflix are a massive unscrupulous supercorp who don't actually care about H+M's ahem 'Love story' and have just gone for the most dramatic, view pulling narrative they can. Whadda surprise.

Reactions: 15

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Seems like it starts off with some shots fired to get people hooked in and then goes off on the real focus of showing their love story. Doesn't sound too interesting, but those kind of things are not my cup of tea 😴 (had enough of those from all the rescheduled weddings this year).
It reminds me of that Bros documentary a few years where we couldn't tell if it was serious or a parody.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Who do they think they are "Romeo and Juliette" Who says this sort of stuff???
I honestly think that Harry, who grew up in a life of extreme privilege, believes that is how his newly embraced ordinary people talk. He is probably getting his life lessons from Meghan who’s acting career, outside of suits, was basically some very badly scripted romcoms. I’m half expecting Jennifer Anniston or Sarah Jessica Parker to pop up with a background narration, “This is our love story”….

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Mark81

VIP Member
I think part of especially her problem is she is stuck in the instagram/blogging world of 2015/16 when she last had her blog. Her way of presenting everything is very contrived and cliche now. Also people see through it a lot easier. It adds to the lack of authenticity and people finding it harder to trust. Wording is very flowery, images are overly contrived

It's been 3 years since they left, and really they are not much further along in their careers or service to whoever they plan to serve. They could have had a 'we'll show you' type attitude and had a plan to make it on their own terms and help charities that mean a lot to them. But still everything reverts back to their royal links.

Reactions: 13

Yel

Chatty Member
Maybe the last thing the world needs is another royal thread, but thought it might be an idea to set one up here just for the TV show for those that don't post on the others.

Part 1,2,3 8th Dec
Part 4,5,6 15th Dec

A quick reminder that on tattle we agree to disagree and move on, it's not somewhere for flame wars or to deliberately goad others.

Last edited:

Xantippe

Their whole story is garbage.

"We want privacy" ("Oh, wait - take our picture.") (hired multiple PR firms, paid bots for "likes", very easy/inexpensive)

"We want to do service on our terms" ("Let's sell our names and content -- that's only about ourselves.")

What service have they truly done? How are they helping others? They are the ones spreading hate.
Nothing to do with her race. People don't like her because she is a mean, petty, imperious, self-entitled byoch.
Sorry, not buying any of it.

Yel

Chatty Member
Seems like a bit of a damp squib. The couple and a few friends have already given their version of events in a book.

I wonder if netflix feels like they've massively overpaid? From the sounds of it without library shots and interviews with other people there wouldn't have been much footage at all.

Not sure why the media is giving it so much attention when it didn't deliver anything significant.

Hopefully that $100 million along with the other deals will be enough to go and get their private life. There's enough arguments and division in society as is.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’ve only watched the first one so far. I was going to binge it, but I couldn’t face another episode straight after. I’m really disappointed. I love the royal family, and I’ve never actually disliked Harry and Meghan. I don’t like some of the stories they put out there but I do appreciate the world they live in must be really difficult so I don’t blame them for getting out. But they just come across as really whingey and unlikeable. Meghan talks like she needs her batteries changed and she’s about as exciting as a glass of water. Complete borefest and I expect there will be a lot of others that don’t bother past episode 1.

Dull, dull, dull.

Reactions: 12
Here’s my tuppence’ worth:

It’s clear that Meghan is very starry, American, polished and speaks like an Instagram inspoquote page 24/7

But I found the first episode very moving when they were talking to “Grandma Diana” and the first three on the whole have been refreshing low on blubbing, and high on showing just how independent and sorted she was before she got in tow with PH.

Of course it’s going to paint her in a glowing light but I felt that I was pleasantly surprised by a balanced and relatively straightforward timeline of how it all started to go to shit a bit.

There’s no question that the heat was motivated by her racial background and I’m glad they tackled that head on.

Looking forward to the next 3 episodes and I hope they’re of the quality and tone of the first three.

• Haha
Reactions: 12