Harry & Meghan - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like it starts off with some shots fired to get people hooked in and then goes off on the real focus of showing their love story. Doesn't sound too interesting, but those kind of things are not my cup of tea 😴 (had enough of those from all the rescheduled weddings this year).
It reminds me of that Bros documentary a few years where we couldn't tell if it was serious or a parody.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is really gripping stuff…

B81A58FA-12AA-4650-BE85-F4D82CD4515B.jpeg

Love even the BBC sarcasm..

EE4987D4-FBE6-478F-96DF-858395528D88.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They’re showing more of their kids?

Not that surprising but it’s bound to create a lot of talk 😂

Reactions: 4

Yel

It reminds me of that Bros documentary a few years where we couldn't tell if it was serious or a parody.
Now that was hilarious, if it's anything like that I'll have to watch it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is really gripping stuff…

View attachment 1791322

Love even the BBC sarcasm..

View attachment 1791332
The tone of the BBC commentary is moving on from mild mockery and to near outright hostility (by Beeb standards anyway). Check out comments about what "the champion of equality thinks of the title Duchess", the commentators own take on what "I don't want to win an Oscar" really means. And the conspicuous absence of Meghans ex from a warts and all documentary.

Reactions: 6

Yel

4 hours later and the live blogs are still being posted to o_O, how long is this? Strange for the BBC to take such a stance on it.

---

She discusses writing op-eds about "self worth, being bi-racial, and volunteer work", and friends recall how her focus was gradually becoming activism. She is seen travelling to India and Rwanda to do "cause-driven work".

"That's what I was excited about. I wasn't trying to find the great indie film that's going to get me an Oscar. No, I just wanted to go and volunteer."

(In our experience, actors who bring up how little they care about winning Oscars tend to really, really care about winning Oscars, so take this with a pinch of salt.)

Reactions: 11
4 hours later and the live blogs are still being posted to o_O, how long is this? Strange for the BBC to take such a stance on it.

---

She discusses writing op-eds about "self worth, being bi-racial, and volunteer work", and friends recall how her focus was gradually becoming activism. She is seen travelling to India and Rwanda to do "cause-driven work".

"That's what I was excited about. I wasn't trying to find the great indie film that's going to get me an Oscar. No, I just wanted to go and volunteer."

(In our experience, actors who bring up how little they care about winning Oscars tend to really, really care about winning Oscars, so take this with a pinch of salt.)
I'm not used to the BBC actually doing it's job and questioning rather than fawning.

Interesting little snippet from the coverage.

"Harry refers, somewhat critically, to staff at news outlets who are known as "royal experts" or "royal correspondents", adding that the titles are intended to lend them legitimacy and credibility.

It may not surprise you to learn that no royal experts or newspaper editors are invited to defend themselves. Instead, Tim Burt, strategic advisor to the couple's production company, describes the symbiotic relationship which has historically existed between the media and the Royal Family.

"The royal rota is a system by which certain outlets are allocated slots to cover the members of the family," Burt explains as various newspaper logos are shown on screen.

"And however aggressive their previous coverage might have been, they still get the chance to be on the rota."

This is normal journalistic practice, and indeed what separates the profession from advertising. Journalists of all specialities have access to briefings and events regardless of whether their coverage is favourable or critical."

Sounds an awful lot like sycophants only in Meg and Harry world. Do they consider themself to be above criticism? I thought snowflakes were an invention of the culture war.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Watched the 3 eps, i enjoyed it. I dont follow them so was going in with no real opinion, but they seem a great couple

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Yel

I'm not used to the BBC actually doing it's job and questioning rather than fawning.
To be fair the BBC regularly fails in their core values and standards. What is interesting to me is that they now deem it acceptable to be critical of Harry and Meghan.

Maybe because it's netflix or maybe they say something negative about the BBC?

Reactions: 3
What a waste of time that was - a complete snoozefest.

The weird history lesson thrown in - twice! - seemed out of place.

The poor niece was played ... hopefully she realises that.

Can anyone explain to me what Harry meant about Guy (the dog) being on stilts so "he wouldn't run away"? They looked like bandages.

I think the release of three episodes in two lots is to keep us wanting more ... I'd be happy for them to leave it at that

Reactions: 4
I've watched half of the first episode and I'm not even sure I'll be bothered to watch the rest.

Reactions: 5
Watched the first 3 episodes and was really underwhelmed. The only person I felt sorry for after watching it was her niece.

Reactions: 7
It’s rather amusing to see that this documentary is just another attempt for Meghan to address every single criticism she’s ever heard about herself. The levels of narcissism and controlling behaviour are beyond anything I’ve ever seen before. It’s been discussed loads why she had no other family at the wedding. So let’s wheel out the niece who has never been seen or heard of before and blame other people for not being allowed to invite her.

yeah ok Meghan.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Seems like a bit of a damp squib. The couple and a few friends have already given their version of events in a book.

I wonder if netflix feels like they've massively overpaid? From the sounds of it without library shots and interviews with other people there wouldn't have been much footage at all.

Not sure why the media is giving it so much attention when it didn't deliver anything significant.

Hopefully that $100 million along with the other deals will be enough to go and get their private life. There's enough arguments and division in society as is.

Reactions: 13
Watched the first 3 episodes and was really underwhelmed. The only person I felt sorry for after watching it was her niece.
Yes, I felt sorry for her too. She seemed very sweet and was severely mistreated by Meghan who seemed very hot towards her then cold - to the point of cutting her off! I saw it as Meghan feeling as if her niece would in some way reflect poorly on her - which is weird as she was articulate, immaculately presented and diplomatic in what she said. Never mind though, as she is far better off without her!

I reckon some of these 'friends' were paid-for by Netflix.

Reactions: 9
I’ve only watched the first one so far. I was going to binge it, but I couldn’t face another episode straight after. I’m really disappointed. I love the royal family, and I’ve never actually disliked Harry and Meghan. I don’t like some of the stories they put out there but I do appreciate the world they live in must be really difficult so I don’t blame them for getting out. But they just come across as really whingey and unlikeable. Meghan talks like she needs her batteries changed and she’s about as exciting as a glass of water. Complete borefest and I expect there will be a lot of others that don’t bother past episode 1.

Dull, dull, dull.

Reactions: 12

Yel

I thought the guardian and their readership were supportive of them?

Screenshot_20221209_084100.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Watched about 20 minutes of the first episode and got bored so turned it off. I don’t think anyone cares about Meghan as much as she cares about herself. Anything to stay relevant though hey, even though they wanted to live a private life. Bizarre.

Reactions: 10