Harry & Meghan - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They hardly need to tell us their story yet again! They've paid millions to pr companies over the years to do exactly this.
Hardly a revelation that the palace works with papers, as do harry and meg. Ridiculous. Boring.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Viewing figures seem to suggest quite a few gave up after one episode.

If it was really gripping wouldn't more people have immediately watched the other ones? 2.4 million doesn't seem that high considering all the coverage.

Screenshot_20221209_125741.jpg

Reactions: 5
Here’s my tuppence’ worth:

It’s clear that Meghan is very starry, American, polished and speaks like an Instagram inspoquote page 24/7

But I found the first episode very moving when they were talking to “Grandma Diana” and the first three on the whole have been refreshing low on blubbing, and high on showing just how independent and sorted she was before she got in tow with PH.

Of course it’s going to paint her in a glowing light but I felt that I was pleasantly surprised by a balanced and relatively straightforward timeline of how it all started to go to tit a bit.

There’s no question that the heat was motivated by her racial background and I’m glad they tackled that head on.

Looking forward to the next 3 episodes and I hope they’re of the quality and tone of the first three.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Viewing figures seem to suggest quite a few gave up after one episode.

If it was really gripping wouldn't more people have immediately watched the other ones? 2.4 million doesn't seem that high considering all the coverage.

View attachment 1794271
2.4 million worldwide? If so I'm shocked that's considered high by Netflix

Reactions: 3
I must be the only person in the world who is 1 enjoying this, and 2 really likes Meghan and “H” maybe it’s because I’m not British and also mixed race. But I really don’t see any issue with her. 😂

Reactions: 9
Poor Harry, he does fit that dim aristocrat stereotype 😄

It all felt dull. No one cares about their love story except H&M, people are watching for the dirt. I think Harry is more like his father than he thinks - in terms of being paranoid (except it's the paps rather than assassination). The re-writing of history re: Diana was weird.

I thought referencing Stephen Lawrence's murder was totally out of line. I doubt Harry could even find Eltham on a map.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I just can’t respect a grown adult who shortens names to an initial.
I interpreted that as another way for Meghan to manipulate Harry, and creating a new identity for him written and directed by her.

Also, the narrative that Meghan is trying to push of her being brought up by a single mother in poor mid-wilshire neighborhood in LA is ridiculous. I lived in that neighborhood and it is no slam. She went to school in Hollywood and had a graduation ceremony at the Hollywood Bowl?! That's a big deal, you know? Her pushing the poor-me mixed race bs is so cringe, like she's trying to create the problematic childhood she didn't have, just to play the victim.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Didn't Harry say he doesn't really remember his mother? So how does he know she and Meghan would have been close?

The whole thing was full of mistruths (from what they've told us previously) and felt very try-hard.

This was their last chance to make the world look at them, and they've well and truly mucked it up. The former Archetypes producer is now speaking up, saying the success of that show was all down to her ... I'm sure many others will come forward now too.

The $100m won't go very far, sadly. It'll all be churned through within months.

Reactions: 8
This was their last chance to make the world look at them, and they've well and truly mucked it up.
That's an interesting way of looking at it. You're right though. If they focussed on what they're doing now instead of rehashing the same old grievances (which have amounted to nothing in the first 3 episodes) then they would have a better chance of winning people over. There's a lot of talk of "service" but they're not doing anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m enjoying it so far. I don’t find them problematic at all, they’re pretty harmless. The only issues I’ve seen people picking up have either been taken out of context or haven’t been paid attention to, for example Harry saying he doesn’t have that many early memories of his mum. That’s not the same as saying he doesn’t have many memories of his mum.

I’m enjoying it too. I like the Royal Family generally and don’t have a view on H&M (as they insist on being known) either way really. You can see he worships the ground she walks on, they are a bit sickening to watch. But the issues were clearly there long before Meghan was on the scene. I don’t think she’s the big manipulator people make her out to be, more a catalyst for what was probably always going to happen unless he was forced to marry another British aristocrat who wanted to climb the social ladder.

I’m enjoying it so far. I don’t find them problematic at all, they’re pretty harmless. The only issues I’ve seen people picking up have either been taken out of context or haven’t been paid attention to, for example Harry saying he doesn’t have that many early memories of his mum. That’s not the same as saying he doesn’t have many memories of his mum.
i don’t find them problematic but i do find them both irritating (in a non offensive sort of way). the bbc commentary was needlessly harsh but it did describe this series as being “a love song to themselves” which seems accurate. can only agree with the above comment that they’re a bit sickening to watch sometimes 🤣 absolutely agree that a lot of comments are being taken out of context though.

some of meghan’s comments in things she didn’t realise about the royals seems a little naive for a culturally savvy la native but i don’t dislike her, she’s exactly how i thought she would be. watching the uk described through a very american lense is interesting though.

i’ve found it watchable but i also don’t really get the point of it. they both say nothing new, there’s no big revelations. if anything i just got the vibe that harry wanted out already and meghan was/is exactly the right personality to help him do that.

they are absolutely nauseating in places though 🤣 the proposal bit wrecked me. but i am also single and bitter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, I felt sorry for her too. She seemed very sweet and was severely mistreated by Meghan who seemed very hot towards her then cold - to the point of cutting her off! I saw it as Meghan feeling as if her niece would in some way reflect poorly on her - which is weird as she was articulate, immaculately presented and diplomatic in what she said. Never mind though, as she is far better off without her!

I reckon some of these 'friends' were paid-for by Netflix.
Agree with all your points. Her niece from what I saw is the good reflection from her family. Has she been fully cut off do you think or are they on speaking terms now? I also thought it was a weak excuse that for security reasons she could not attend but was perfectly fine for her mum and celeb friends. 😕

Reactions: 3
I always wonder about couples wh are so desperate to show they are madly in love.

So heads of state, celebrities and other royals could go to the wedding but for safety reasons the niece couldn't.....na, that makes no sense.

Reactions: 10
i don’t find them problematic but i do find them both irritating (in a non offensive sort of way). the bbc commentary was needlessly harsh but it did describe this series as being “a love song to themselves” which seems accurate. can only agree with the above comment that they’re a bit sickening to watch sometimes 🤣 absolutely agree that a lot of comments are being taken out of context though.

some of meghan’s comments in things she didn’t realise about the royals seems a little naive for a culturally savvy la native but i don’t dislike her, she’s exactly how i thought she would be. watching the uk described through a very american lense is interesting though.

i’ve found it watchable but i also don’t really get the point of it. they both say nothing new, there’s no big revelations. if anything i just got the vibe that harry wanted out already and meghan was/is exactly the right personality to help him do that.

they are absolutely nauseating in places though 🤣 the proposal bit wrecked me. but i am also single and bitter.
Oh I absolutely agree on that. I’d get toothache if I watched them for too long- the saccharine sweet lovebirds are a bit much! But again I find it kind of endearing cos you can’t fake that loved up body language.

Reactions: 4
Oh I absolutely agree on that. I’d get toothache if I watched them for too long- the saccharine sweet lovebirds are a bit much! But again I find it kind of endearing cos you can’t fake that loved up body language.
oh absolutely! it comes across as completely genuine, but also you know they’d be that couple who have a joint facebook account and say “date night with this one” if you knew them in real life 🤣

• Haha
to me they are the people on Facebook who would post a long mysterious passive aggressive rant about something on facebook, then when asked what's wrong they'd say 'DM me hun' (for a price though, obviously 🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart