Harry & Meghan - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Maybe the last thing the world needs is another royal thread, but thought it might be an idea to set one up here just for the TV show for those that don't post on the others.

Part 1,2,3 8th Dec
Part 4,5,6 15th Dec

A quick reminder that on tattle we agree to disagree and move on, it's not somewhere for flame wars or to deliberately goad others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think Netflix have already shot themselves in the foot with the faked media shots in both trailers. This already sets the scene of the documentary as untrustworthy.

In trailer one where they are talking about being hounded, they show a shot of paps, which someone has worked out was from the Harry Potter premiere.

In trailer two they show paps setting up at the side of the road, this has been confirmed to have been from when Katie Price was due to attend court.

The question is, if they were hounded so much, why are they using other examples to document it?

Also ETA: Meghan has already sewn the seed of this not being delivered the way that they wanted it to be delivered, in the interview she did with Variety magazine. I suspect the director is going to be thrown under the bus for this.

Reactions: 11

Yel

You'd have thought there was so much footage of them that they wouldn't have needed to use library stuff from harry potter premieres or Katie Price. Odd, and even odder that they went ahead with the second trailer knowing the library footage from the last one was uncovered and so the same would happen with the second.

I'd love to know the mood inside Netflix. I believe they signed this deal for $90 in 2020. Back when they were throwing silly money at projects, although they got even sillier in 2021. I think lots will pirate it and long term can't see it helping to keep subs.

Reactions: 9
Its almost as if Netflix are a massive unscrupulous supercorp who don't actually care about H+M's ahem 'Love story' and have just gone for the most dramatic, view pulling narrative they can. Whadda surprise.

Reactions: 15
Its almost as if Netflix are a massive unscrupulous supercorp who don't actually care about H+M's ahem 'Love story' and have just gone for the most dramatic, view pulling narrative they can. Whadda surprise.
There is a little part of me that wonders if Netflix will screw them and show them in a less than glowing light.

It astounds me the constant need for telling lies/exaggeration and faking stuff. If it's not what they're saying (e.g. illegal weddings, no support from RF, lines of succession etc) it's doctoring images.

Netflix aren't doing themselves any favours either as their reputation for truth and authenticity has been dropping in recent years. Plus who needs to watch, it will all be in the papers within hours and everyone can save themselves 8 hours of their lives

Reactions: 7
Is it only two parts? I thought it was going to be a whole series, and I'd prefer to watch it all in one go rather than being drip-fed.

Yel

It's 6 episodes apparently, released in two volumes.

Plus who needs to watch, it will all be in the papers within hours and everyone can save themselves 8 hours of their lives
They'll be watching it double speed amongst a few people to report the main bits within an hour. News headlines will "spoil" any revelations.

Irrelevant of what anyone thinks of these two, I'm fascinated to see if it's successful commercially for Netflix. Can't see it getting long evergreen views like it's biggest three shows of stranger things, squid game and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Reactions: 7
It's 6 episodes apparently, released in two volumes.

They'll be watching it double speed amongst a few people to report the main bits within an hour. News headlines will "spoil" any revelations.

Irrelevant of what anyone thinks of these two, I'm fascinated to see if it's successful commercially for Netflix. Can't see it getting long evergreen views like it's biggest three shows of stranger things, squid game and Jeffrey Dahmer.
I imagine a boom and bust type situation.

Reactions: 3
I'll probably end up watching it out of curiosity but I'm glad it's in two parts and not six single episodes as I just don't see how they can possibly stretch out the woe is me narrative for six episodes.

Reactions: 5
I just don’t know what more they can say. People are so distruful of them that every statement is going to be dissected and defined as true or false.

Reactions: 6
The first three episodes are now available. BBC are doing live reporting as they watch them!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Nothing really much to say. The couple divide opinion so much that those who support them will claim each word is the naked and incontrovertible truth, and those that dislike them will claim the exact opposite.

And why would those who don’t care either way watch a self serving documentary about a couple of highly privileged people whining about their lives from their Hollywood mansion?

Reactions: 11

Yel

The guardian are doing a live blog also, their media journalist is saying how strange that it's released at 8am. Err shouldn't said person know Netflix always releases at midnight their HQ time 🤦‍♀️

Seems pointless watching as the juicy bits will be the headlines come 9am. Probably will be their biggest first day stream numbers, and then disappear down the charts in a few weeks.

Reactions: 5
From the BBC live feed

This is a great love story," says Harry, as we see him pushing Lilibet in a pram with Archie toddling alongside, on a sunny family walk with Meghan.

"And the craziest thing is I think this love story is only just getting started."

He adds: "She sacrificed everything she ever knew, the freedom that she had, to join me in my world.

"And then pretty soon after that, I ended up sacrificing everything that I know to join her in her world."

I can taste a little bit of vomit in my mouth…..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
From the BBC live feed

This is a great love story," says Harry, as we see him pushing Lilibet in a pram with Archie toddling alongside, on a sunny family walk with Meghan.

"And the craziest thing is I think this love story is only just getting started."

He adds: "She sacrificed everything she ever knew, the freedom that she had, to join me in my world.

"And then pretty soon after that, I ended up sacrificing everything that I know to join her in her world."

Who do they think they are "Romeo and Juliette" Who says this sort of stuff???

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Yel

😬

It's all too cringe. I do feel a bit sorry for very privileged people given a platform who are too dim to realise how ridiculous their rhetoric is.

Harry was born into a very difficult situation, but he doesn't seem very well rounded or objective about it. Media intrusion and paparazzi is totally different thesedays compared to a few decades ago.

Reactions: 17
Who do they think they are "Romeo and Juliette" Who says this sort of stuff???
I honestly think that Harry, who grew up in a life of extreme privilege, believes that is how his newly embraced ordinary people talk. He is probably getting his life lessons from Meghan who’s acting career, outside of suits, was basically some very badly scripted romcoms. I’m half expecting Jennifer Anniston or Sarah Jessica Parker to pop up with a background narration, “This is our love story”….

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From the BBC live feed

He forgot to add 'and then we tried to ruin my family'.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Yel

Seems like it starts off with some shots fired to get people hooked in and then goes off on the real focus of showing their love story. Doesn't sound too interesting, but those kind of things are not my cup of tea 😴 (had enough of those from all the rescheduled weddings this year).

Reactions: 3