Harry & Meghan #85 As the Actress didn't say to the Bishop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and decaf tea (I know, I'm sorry OK!).......hot water, allow to steep for a few minutes, splash of milk (He-Man on the colour chart) and sup!

I used to work with someone that made the tea so weak it was like drinking very milky hot water - it actually used to make me gag! I ended up making the tea for everyone all the time in the end as I couldn't risk letting the weak tea maker take her turn but I was young and naive and didn't know how to tell her that her tea was disgusting!
What is this 'steeping' you speak of? It needs to 'mash'!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It was a lovely prog, I loved the embroideress. Had forgotten that there had been riots so close to the time, and that wonderful plump policeman dancing down the road! 10 years ago, we had just bought 2 new sofas from DFS which were delivered literally days before and my mum came round to watch it all with us. The kids were 14 and 12, now they're all grown up and mum died 2.5 years ago. How the hell did that all happen? And K&W had 3 kids and we've still got the sofas... :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Yep noticed that. I'm rather fond of Uncle Gary, and especially that he was invited to the wedding anyway - that's what normal people do!!
I just loved how they acted like what normal couples do and invited people important to them, no matter who they were.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Is it just me, but for all that the Invictus games are inspiring, I don’t think it would be first choice of most tv viewers, so why do H&M think they are going to make a huge hit of some Netflix docu about planning the games. Sounds boring as tit, probably footage of Hazno blah blah-ing with the peeps doing the actual work, pointing at things as he does, then saying thankyouverymuch and wandering off to shake hands with people.

Reactions: 27
Go Piers, I love him to bits now

The thing that frustrates me is...what will / can OFCOM do after receiving all these complaints? I recall thousands were received over the Diversity BLM themed dance on BGT last year but I don’t think anything officially was done to address them, but I may be wrong in that. (Wasn’t it the most complained about TV thing on record?)

Can anyone recall an occasion when OFCOM has forced a TV channel or it’s presenters to do ‘something’ as a result of many complaints? I suppose ITV could be seen to have asked Piers to apologise for his ‘rant’ after all the complaints they received following the GMB show that aired the day after Oprah? But, did this apology demand come from OFCOM or was it ITV?

I am not really sure how OFCOM operates and what the sanctions are when a certain level or type of companies are received. Can anyone shed any light on this? OFCOM seems really ineffectual to me, but I do not know enough to really make that judgement.

Reactions: 11
I have never heard of letting the tea mash - I'm now imagining using a tiny potato masher in the mug!
I think you will find its a northern thing. I lived up in Yorkshire for a couple of years and they used to mash the tea and mend the fire. Took me a while to understand what they were talking about

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I have never heard of letting the tea mash - I'm now imagining using a tiny potato masher in the mug!
"Whenyergerromeareyermashin?" Is a saying I know very well (roughly translated as:"when you get home, do you think you might, perhaps, put the kettle on and make some tea, darling?")

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The thing that frustrates me is...what will / can OFCOM do after receiving all these complaints? I recall thousands were received over the Diversity BLM themed dance on BGT last year but I don’t think anything officially was done to address them, but I may be wrong in that. (Wasn’t it the most complained about TV thing on record?)

Can anyone recall an occasion when OFCOM has forced a TV channel or it’s presenters to do ‘something’ as a result of many complaints? I suppose ITV could be seen to have asked Piers to apologise for his ‘rant’ after all the complaints they received following the GMB show that aired the day after Oprah? But, did this apology demand come from OFCOM or was it ITV?

I am not really sure how OFCOM operates and what the sanctions are when a certain level or type of companies are received. Can anyone shed any light on this? OFCOM seems really ineffectual to me, but I do not know enough to really make that judgement.
Yes it does seem all rather Mary Whitehouse and ineffectual really. They can't do anything retrospectivly about a live event, apart from fine the TV company.

Reactions: 12
It was a lovely prog, I loved the embroideress. Had forgotten that there had been riots so close to the time, and that wonderful plump policeman dancing down the road! 10 years ago, we had just bought 2 new sofas from DFS which were delivered literally days before and my mum came round to watch it all with us. The kids were 14 and 12, now they're all grown up and mum died 2.5 years ago. How the hell did that all happen? And K&W had 3 kids and we've still got the sofas... :cool:
We had just bought 2 new sofas from DFS...
Was this the famous one and only DFS sale 10 years ago!? I remember the queues round the block, and it's astonishing that they've not had a sale since....
Astonishing too how this interesting thread covers so many different topics while keeping the focus on the Harkles. We know that @JAR21 likes "mashed" tea. Very northern! I'm from Lancashire and love Yorkshire teabags. There.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Cant remember if in famous 'sale' or not, what I do know is that the cats have fucked them right up. Still comfy though!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What is this 'steeping' you speak of? It needs to 'mash'!!
Good Scottish word that...”steeping”...also used when soaking items of clothing. “A’m steeping ma soaks/ma knickers/ma troosers.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Ooh, exactly the same as I like it. I am also partial to a bone China mug as it keeps the tea hotter for longer and I prefer a thin rim (oo-er missus!) 🤪
Oooh...agree about the bone china mug & thin rim, it really does taste different...(although will drink it in anything if desperate enough 😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She doesn't seem to be able to keep her drumsticks together does she. Who's she phoning from this sleazy phonebox? Or has she just put up one of those little cards in the booth?
"Sexy Bi bi-racial Kitten and Ginger Well Hung 4" Chimpo ex Chippendale!. All Services, Nothing Off Limits, S/M, Bondage, Whiplash, Dominant Roaster! Submissive Roaster! Call Now!"
Just properly dressed for the office.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
He is a bleeping twit. the Police have busted their guts trying to find him and this prat lives in the UK, wish he would go.missing I would spend 10 seconds looking for him

I am sure scabies is mentally unhinged, someone must h a be used his mouth for a toilet because he only talks tit. How dare he criticise the way we do things, perhaps he should visit his Iranian family and criticise their regime. Plastic faced head
As much as I dislike the guy, I will say he is actually British (and Iranian) and grew up in England. Maybe I'm sensing a xenophobic vibe that isn't actually there, but thought we'd all appreciate a fact-based discussion.

Reactions: 13
W&K's wedding was quite an odd event here....Mr Spangly and I had a blazing row the evening before and he had stormed off and walked all the way to his Mums 1hr and 1/2 away. He slept on her floor and then spent the next day watching the Royal Wedding with her. (she died quite unexpectedly a few weeks later and he still to this day thanks me for that argument so that he got to spend that precious time with her!)
I watched it with the kids and we had a lovely time - we baked scones, got the bunting out and enjoyed the atmosphere - then I went and picked Mr Spangly up and we haven't had a big row like that ever since but whenever we see footage of the wedding, it always makes us a bit emotional!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.