Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bibiforlife

In defence of Beyoncé I don’t think she’s embraced her heritage just because of BLM, I think that’s unfair.

I’m not a Beyoncé fan at all, she’s a bit blah for me but she’s got more talent in her little toe than Meghan Markle will ever have.
Just ironic timing I guess so 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Chum

Pregnancy trousers perhaps? Very few go over the bump but I had a couple leggings that did. I wore them in the winter
This is what I was thinking; I only used trousers like that. "Normal" material till under the belly and a big elastic bit that went over the belly. As much as I'd like a "gotcha" moment, I can't see it in that photo of Smeg.

Twocats

I'm Irish, and I think we're supposed to be the biggest tea drinkers in world, per capita 😀
Ireland is divided between Lyons and Barry's Tea Brands ☕ and people are fiercely loyal! (Lyons Gold Blend is the only one for me ❤).
I lived overseas for many years and, like most Irish people, craved Irish teabags.
When I lived in the UK, I tried all different types and would buy Punjana, which are Northern Irish, if I spotted them.
When I lived in South Africa, there was a lovely tea brand, called Five Roses.
Sorry for rambling on, I love me cuppa tea 😅
I am Irish and I drink Twining's Lady Grey, black no sugar, my Italian husband and eldest son drink Barry's, white with no sugar and and black respectively. We can now buy Barry's in Australia.

Tea- I'm a bit of a tea whore and drink all types. Traditional English Breakfast, Twinings, PG Tips..I also like Chai tea, Mahgrebi (Moroccan mint), Koshary black tea (Egyptian mint and sugar), fruit tea, green tea with apple or lemon..but I'll shut up now.

Oh, and it's bag > Water > Milk. My narc ex used to put the milk first, it should have been a warning sign!

Re: Tom Bradbury, I saw another good post that I'll share:
I remember Wooton correctly reported on a few stories that turned out to be true, for example Megxit. Not sure if it's gay connections, but he clearly has some connections.

I believe Wooton has very good sources within the royal court for a simple reason. Wooton is gay and about 90% of the male staff that work for the royals are gay. I believe he likely moves in the same social circles as his sources. I believe this story because 1) ITV is clearly pro-Meghan and Harry and 2) for months there have been rumours that someone in the British media was acting as mole for H&M giving them a heads up about major royal stories so H&M could release their own stories to try and steal the spotlight. It's very interesting that H&M always have a announcement or appearance lined up right when a major story breaks. The finger has long been pointed at either Tom Bradby or Chris Ship (both from ITV). I've always assumed it would Bradby over Ship as Ship doesn't really have personal connections to the royals, he just reports on them.
Actually not surprised to hear this.

Last edited:

katiesmith81

VIP Member
And I have love for Royals. Even though their predecessors ruled us for like more than 200 years, I have no qualms against the current Royals. Also, I share my birthday with Queen's coronation.
The interesting thing is that because think it was Edward IV or least one of his offspring I cant remember which, was illigitmate, Tony Robinson did a show based on research into what really happened even Shakespeare (was well the acting company he largely owned really was called the Lord Chamberlains Men originally, then least by 1603 was called the Kings Men since James VI and by then I raised it to royal patronage) wrote about it though had to be very circumspect about it or could end up being executed as Edward think it was had a thing about getting rid of anyone questioning his legitimacy if thats the accurate, meaning all since then have been the very same

I 'think' that Catherine being the wife of the heir presumptive will be crowned Queen when the time comes? Like the QM, who was The Queen before George VI died? So no mucking about with 'consort'. Camilla would also be entitled to that role, given that she is married to the current heir presumptive - but perhaps they are being sensitive to public opinion still.
That was Elizabeth was George VI's spouse (actually George VI was named Albert at birth but changed his name as is customary sometimes for them to honour a predecessor, likely in-light of his father (George V) saying Edward would ruin himself within a year and he did just that, largely due to well the large reason for his abdication was that (dont think it was purely for this reason) she was an American and a twice divorcee (more on the latter) when the C of E at the time didnt allow marriages to a divorcee (disregarding twice divorcee's) when their former spouse was still alive at the time,would have been an embarrassment on the C of E with him being the titular head of the church, still is now one has to ask the permission of the bishop,as its only since the 21st century (though thats likely been breached informally) thats been allowed under exceptional circumstances

Despite the gov't least for weeks prior to his abdication tried to find numerous ways to get him abdicated for various reasons even MI5 had from what I can remember watching about his reign an assassination attempt, only they chose a mentally unstable man who ended up being sentenced to Broadmoor think it was

I am not sure what you mean by Catherine “asking to be a legal queen”
Yeah I dont know really if thats at all something that can happen or not was years ago I think I either heard or more likely read about that but yeah I really don't know, rather though Catherine wont have the same legal rights as their spouse when William becomes King (same as Camilla when Charles succeeds his mother, its not really a question if it'll happen more when since its the Act of Succession is set out in law, like something that still happens with the hereditary aristocracy called primogeniture when all the assets go to the heir, though I dont know if the Monarch has any powers to overrule Charles that and what it'd mean by parliament or really the gov't, is like kind of though with the defeat of Harold Godwinson in 1066 the Norman Conquest, Edward the Confessor essentially promised William the Conqueror line of succession but for whatever reason that didnt happen, is why the English Monarch thereafter believed they had rights to French least some land) neither of them will be authorised legally to sign gov't bills into law

Another fact lol is Harold Godwinson being the final Anglo-Saxon monarch, was his predecessor was patronised St Edward, is the name given to the Monarchs coronation crown, different to the Imperial State Crown, the St Edwards crowns only worn once for their coronation

Not sure how I made that mistake about catherine not being monarch well not in that literal sense that means they have the same legal right as William which they don't she'll be Queen Consort, as someone said and corrected me at least in the same way that though is titled differently is Prince Consort is Philip

Last edited:

timemachinephantom

I wonder re: stripping the titles if BP wouldn't also be a bit concerned that, given Brexit and Covid, asking parliament to spend time debating the bits that they may need to debate might not seem a little indulgent, genre "yes, yes, the country's falling apart, but we think it more important you decide on this family spat right now".
Also, wouldn't it have to pass all the parliaments of the different Commonwealth countries where the line of succession is relevant i.e. the monarch is head of state?

JAR21

VIP Member
Absolutely can be. But likely won't unless we make it clear it's them out OR the Monarchy out, We won't accept paying for them.

I will protest over this outside BP if it happens. We have beheaded unwanted kings and simply destroyed many others in our 1000 years of Monarchy, this back and forth between Public and the Crown is not new, just forgotten by many.
I’m confused! You will protest if the Harkles’ titles ARE removed?

Flairey

VIP Member
This is great. Thanks for posting.
I really like this chap in the middle. Good for him. Concise, calm and well-argued.
The one on the right would, I suspect, have a problem wherever he goes due to the enormous chip on his shoulder.
If he were ginger, Scottish, Yorkshire-accented, short, tall, fat, Irish, lesbian, left-handed, Welsh, disabled, Essex, you name it, wouldn't he be the type to pick on those attributes as the reason why people have 'discriminated' against him and nothing's ever his fault?
Seems like just another shouty man telling other people what to think.
I got pissed off with the shouting and interrupting so didn't watch any more after the chap in the middle asked for him to be muted so he could speak.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I deliver for Waitrose, and yesterday one of my deliveries had four boxes of Twinings tea subbed in place of Waitrose own tea ... and the woman I was delivering to went nuts about it :ROFLMAO: . Safe to say the Twinings shit went back on the van and back to the store. People are VERY fussy when it comes to tea and almost always reject the substitutions.

Bettys Tearoom Blend is the only tea worth drinking, shame you either have to go to one of their Yorkshire cafes to buy it, or order an entire truck load to make the 5.95 delivery charge worthwhile.
Never tried Bettys, used to be a Yorkshire Tea drinker but I now love the Twinings shite😂😂.

katiesmith81

VIP Member
Like one thing I have to say to be fair she (Meghan I mean precisely) was in certain was treated a lot worse than Catherine ever was like the comparisons of holding the bump when she was yeah pregnant by comparison to Catherine not sure which one when Catherine was pregnant with then though, that was really unfair (nothing compared to though what Sarah Fergusson got (excuse spelling of her second name as I can never remember that), rather was nicknamed by the press the Duchess of Pork due to her binge essentially I think eating of pork sausages when her parents divorce I think it was, then again when her one to Andrew was going through the exact same thing is when I think they slapped that nickname on her

But then she didnt least I dont think she helped herself whatsoever gave the press rounds of ammunition by essentially stating about political beliefs outright saying about who to win the US election etc or whatever it was, I mean though Charles has done similar things in the past but more about issues rather maybe not I dont know if political or not though to be quite honest, not to mention taking a paper to court there's this outright thing they abide by or are meant to 'don't complain don't explain' if there's anything inaccurate about anything thats in the press they just ignore it and if they do something blatantly out of line they apologise for it officially through the palaces but then dont explain it since that could be seen as trying to defend or they could run into the mistake of trying to defend least sometimes the indefensible
There usually isn't a king consort as the title king is considered higher than a queen so it's always been felt that a king consort would appear higher than a queen regnant. The Netherlands had queen's regnant for 3 generations prior to the current King, their spouses were all princes, Prince Albert was the Prince consort, Margrethe of Denmarks hus9was Prince of Denmark and Prince consort depending on his mood.

You're correct, Philip was a Prince of Greece and Denmark but had to renounce those titles to marry Elizabeth which resulted in the curious even if him being Lieutenant HRH Sir Philip Mounbatten for a day before their wedding. Then of course HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and being made a Prince again in 1957
Ahh yeah of course about the not being a King consort, is sort of like the notion of Catherine asking to actually be a legal queen as such and not a consort just wouldn't really make any sense in doing that, also with the signing of bills a bill to become law or be enacted must be signed by the Monarch, think there is a process of doing that (to not be a consort as such to the Monarch) but I don't think its ever once been used, also in the House of Lords (I dont know about the throne room in Buckingham Palace but I'd imagine its the same there as well) the thrones at the front the Monarchs seats about an inch higher than the Duke of Edinburgh and the remainder of them (Lords Temporal (Life Peers the vast majority of them the only way a hereditary peer can sit and vote is if they're ordered to by a writ of summons) and the Lords Spiritual (who sit to the right of the Monarch behind whats called the woolsack (least I think its behind the woolsack) where the speaker sits) and then the 20odd (Lord and Lady Justices (Lady Brenda Hale was the first female judge not sure if she still is)) judiciary sit in the middle at the front I think for the Opening of Parliament and the speech which is written up by the gov't and debated in the Commons (is something like about 850 Life Peers and about 650 MP's)

Bastille

Chatty Member
Totally off topic but what happened To Kelly Rowland?

I'll go search for a tattle thread

• Haha
Reactions: 4