Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Baguette

VIP Member
Think Queens Commonwealth Trust is going.

They recently appointed a big panel of advisors (about 50 I think) from all the Commonwealth countries, so that starts to take away the need for Patrons/VP roles. QCT is tricky because many have questioned what CEO Nicola Brentnall has been up to. She seemed to have lost control of the Harkles, allowed Sunshine Sachs to post from QCT social media accounts and so on. Nicola B was a respected public servant so they will be handling this carefully. Lord Geidt is Chair of QCT so should sort out the Harkle mess efficiently

National Theatre is in crisis and asking them to spend any time on their Patron is just plain wrong. A simple statement that she's left and a replacement (**Edward**) will be announced in due course would do. Edward genuinely loves theatre, as does Charles. I could see Charles taking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 36

Vanelope

VIP Member
It’s her Diana/Bashir moment - we knew it would come. After that their relevance will fade rapidly.
So she tells Oprah that everyone in the UK is racist. She’s told everyone that for the last two years. People will either believe her or make up their own minds. She’s gone in early with the big interview and after that everything else will be a rehash as they have no access and will probably never return to the UK. The people who believe her have probably never travelled anywhere anyway so it’s not like UK will lose the future tourists.

Reactions: 36

Baguette

VIP Member
Boom!

The rumour is that Oprah has been housing them since they arrived in California.. so payback time.

ETA Well done to ITV News for actually breaking a story. This is the journalism we need around the Harkles.

But ITV News believes Meghan does plan to address issues surrounding the press coverage she has received since her relationship with Prince Harry was first revealed.That would be a significant development after Meghan won her privacy case against the Mail on Sunday last week.

After a two year fight following the newspaper's publication of the personal letter she sent to her father Thomas Markle, the Duchess called the tabloid's coverage "illegal and dehumanising".

ETA2 She's doing this before the cost hearing on 2 March? Before she knows whether ANL will appeal? Madness.

ETA3 And it's going out on Oprah WInfrey Network? NOT NETFLIX. Whoah!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Shihtzu12

One thing you should about me, I get too deep and let things affect me greatly. This has done me in. Can some of you give me hope please? I want this fail spectacularly, even supporters turn against her, Hollywood stars don't go around on social media praising these two cunts. This starts Oprah failure.

I feel like crying because its going be 90 minutes of hate directed at will and Kate. My heart breaks for them. His own brother, kate who's never hurt anyone. They're the ones that should he doing this interview exposing how vile the harkles are and the true nasty bullying they've done.

I start work that week and I'm scared it'll be a bad showcase for me as I'll be too deep into thinking and worrying about this.

Where's the justice? Truth? What if they win and make the monarchy collapse? Make will and Kate hated and that they never make it to the thrones?

• Heart
  • Sad

Pno

VIP Member
Me too but Ross King on GMB this morning said there was a HUGE fascination for MM in the states as they see her as their American princess!
I think that is all Sunshine Sachs....no one in California cares. They were dumb enough to leak that they had had a call with Governor Newsom right before the election. He is in the middle of a Recall fight so they aren’t picking the right horses. Kamala Harris is already losing her shine with her family benefiting from her name and will be distancing herself as well. We have much much bigger problems than those two whining. Oh and Covid marches on so MM will have to have her pregnancy documented via iPads because she will be confined to her 16 bathrooms for the time being. Did I mention we were in a drought? People really have zero use for these fools.

• Heart

Fredsnail

VIP Member
I think a lot of the issues stem from

1 ) she's American, its not the race issue it's the nationality issue. There is a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be royal, and what it means to to be a senior royal. Senior royals work hard (or should do). Its also shown in a lot of American and foreign commentary from countries without a royal family. Royal doesn't equal celebrity.

2) Meghan displays more and more individualistic and narcissistic traits

3) Prince Harry is a troubled man who has not dealt with issues. He has been enabled by the RF and his father (likely through guilt) so he has been babied (also he is the youngest). The worldwide public have also enabled him, he was and is seen as a young royal and a bit of a lovable rogue even though he is almost middle aged
I agree to this with the popular view of the Royals just turning up at premiere and galas and state dinners.

The other main issue is there are big cultural differences between the US and the UK. She had no interest in trying to overcome or understand those, I have a feeling she believed anyone who pointed out cultural differences or gave advice was being racist, when really it was a cultural thing (not saying there weren't racist issues because we know there were, but that was not the majority of people she came in contact with).

She wasn't prepared to compromise on anything, if she didn't get what she wanted (ie red carpet at the wedding) she wouldn't settle for what was offered (blue carpet) she went I won't have a carpet, it will make people think they are being mean to me.

A lot of her issues however were due to her narcissistic personality, and her unrealistic expectations of how things would go, also fed by Harry's lack of support to help her into Royal life.

There is a reason Will waited so long to get engaged he made sure that Catherine totally understood everything she was getting into and what would be expected of her. I suspect that Harry's peabrain just wanted to rush to get a wife and didn't understand his own role (and clearly still doesn't), let alone what hers would be.

Quite why W and C would be expected to help her transition to her role still baffles me, that would be her husband and advisors jobs. I know she expected them to be BFFs but that wasn't realistic given that W & C were at that point moving to become full time Royals with 2 kids and 1 on the way, and H was part time.

She marked her card very early on the the shopping trip fiasco which warned W&C who clearly listen to advice given. Unlike the Harkles who always know better than everyone.

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
I really liked Meghan when she first came on the scene. I thought she was a breath of fresh air and had high hopes for her bringing about positive change. I watched the wedding and thought it was great. I admired her for walking down the aisle on her own for the first part. I had nothing at all negative to say about her.

However, over time I became very disappointed by aspects of her behaviour and then all the secrecy around Archie. Then insulting the whole of the U.K. by calling it a racist country.

I think the U.K. and the RF never stood a chance, not the other way round. MM wasn‘t willing to put in the hard work in the early years. She expected instant adulation. She didn’t spend enough time earning the public’s respect, she just expected it. She expected to be adored without doing much to earn it. It takes years to build up a reputation of trust, loyalty and respect. Not a few months. She was too impatient and the U.K. public started to see things they didn’t like.
Exactly!! Kate now gets very good press but she was violently maligned by the press for about a decade, she shut up and put up and gained admiration for her quiet fortitude, her grace under fire, and authenticity and clear respect for duty. Meghan was someone I was so excited to see marry Harry. Many didn't know of her or even know she was half black. There was a lot of excitement in the media too (agree some racist minority but not the majority), but then she began doing strange things like stories about the diva wedding, that interview about her relationship with Harry, the fact she couldn't bear the slightest negative press - I agreed with her that yes press are horrible sometimes, wouldn't it be nice if everyone could play nice, but the victim mentality - which I'm sorry includes people saying the only possible reason they couldn't interpret her fairly, is because her mother is black, is erm, alienating in and of itself. You don't have to be racist to dislike someone's words and actions and it's really tiring hearing that trope brought out again and again when it detracts from the real issues, it prevents resolution.

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
This is her biggest card to play. It might be damaging in the short term but if the monarchy can survive the 80s and 90s it can survive Megan. Like most celebrities she will fade over rime when someone new comes along. Neither of them have any real talent and the public will lose interest. They're alienating royal fans and non royal fans will get bored
The monarchy is more than a sum of its parts. It will survive.
I mean, it survived Charles wanting to be a tampon, Andrew and dodgy lies, Fergie's toe sucking, Diana etc. There's nothing Harkles can do that will rock the boat.

• Heart

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I'm finding it quite hard to see who's going to get what out of this 'interview' - or advert, as Eamonn Holmes called it today.

Oprah and friends: got the exclusive. But this is a minor exclusive in Royal terms, so if she goes full on now, that's her card marked for ever with the RF, who have very very long memories.

Megz: either going to come across as woke word salad woffler (sp?)OR woman wronged and bitter. Neither a good look in today's hard times.

Hazza: complete numpty, foof struck, living millionaire lifestyle in today's hard times (see Megz above).

RF: Keeping silent in face of adversity, chin up, stiff upper lip, never shit on your own doorstep etc etc, insert any great British cliche you can think of.

So, I reckon the RF are probably going to come out of it better than the other protagonists.

• Heart

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
I wonder how many adverts will play in the NINETY minute show. And to talk about themselves for all that time, how disgustingly self indulgent. Most people can’t bear to talk about themselves for 9 minutes! Very telling that she is able to sell her story but can’t attend a court hearing, I guess money helps one get out of bed in the morning. Entitled idiots, we are seeing Harry’s true colours though. Utter embarrassment for the RF.
I am being extremely sarcastic here...but....

That poor woman Meghan, had to ask for special dispensation from the English courts to delay the legal hearing against the Daily Mail....She was unable to appear in person or on a zoom call until this Autumn. For an undisclosed personal reason...presumably the pregnancy

How will the poor woman cope with a 90 minute interview with Oprah? Will it be face to face or will it be a zoom call?

Personally I would find a 90 minute interview 1 on 1, as stressful as a court case I hope it doesnt affect Meghans pregnancy or cause her undue stress!

I hope her press representative, Omid is able to reassure us that she will be OK!! Shall we ask the sugars to put pressure on Oprah to pull the interview in case it over stresses poor Meghan!!

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve got a question I would ask Meghan.

I would ask her, “Are you a cunt tied to a tree?”
When she looks confused and says, “No”, I will start shouting
“Cunt on the loose! Cunt on the loose!”

It’s a very immature joke, but it always makes me laugh. I bet Brenda would like it.

• Haha

LadyMuck

VIP Member
As someone else said in the DM comments, showing the soles of your feet is offensive in some cultures- something this woke couple should've been aware of

• Haha
  • Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
The one day I decide to avoid news and of course like a bad penny these two have their announcement. That photo shoot was done by the first black photographer to shoot a British Vogue cover, covering all the right on bases. All it is missing is wee Archay kissing mummy's tummy. :rolleyes: These phoney phuckers.
There's even some utter bullshittery about the "photoshoot" having been done remotely. Just fuck off. It's just a still frame taken out of a video feed then, which any clown can do, and then heavily manipulated to reframe it properly and remove any blur etc. No different to propping the ipad up on a rock and using the selfie timer mode that cameras have had for decades then, and fingers crossed that one or more of the resultant photos is usable or rescuable. There's nothing these two feckwits do that doesn't have a great steaming pile of poo around it somewhere, is there?

And who on earth would exclude their existing dollchild from a family announcement such as this. So clueless.

Baguette

VIP Member
I personally don't think they'll reveal much in the Oprah interview, if they go ahead with it. I think it'll be about Diana, how she was mistreated, the rabid press in the UK, racism in the UK, how they've tried to modernise the Royal Family, motherhood, how their marriage has become stronger....a lot of syrupy things that will hint at the goings on in the Royal Family but will not actually reveal much. I just don't see Harry knowing much about the politics within his own family. I think as the spare he won't have been told things he didn't need to know. Meghan will show some terribly affected acting, there will be tears and welling up and "Oh how we've suffered!!" but I don't see how anything they say can tear down Harry's family when they (the Royal Family) have endured a lot more than one mediocre actress in their time.
Agree! It's being hyped up with 'RF are nervous!' stuff from 'insiders' called Omid Scobie but Megz is basic, boring and terminally self-important. Every interview she gives is a turkey with a side order of whinges-in-blankets. Good luck trying to make 90 minutes of entertainment out of this one, Ms Winfrey.

They are even telling us already that they're keeping Harry to the end in the hope people keep watching...

• Haha
  • Heart

badpuppy

Isn't it boiled down to H & M thinking they were the main attraction in the RF, not Wills and Kate, but them. H truly believed he was the most popular royal, and they owe it to him to treat him and his wife more special than the real heir, and to let them make money in the celeb circuit as a thank you to keeping RF relevant. Because the RF wouldn't and they didn't, that's why they buggered off.

• Heart
  • Wow
My theory now is that because she is no longer considered a member of the royal family, she will do everything in her narcissistic power to turn anyone and everyone against the royal family so that William and Kate will never make it to the crown.

I truly believe she’s out to destroy that family, the way she clearly destroyed her own.

Her big win with the court case was that people are now questioning if HMQ interfered with things, she’s on a roll and won’t stop until she’s destroyed another family. Once done, she’ll leave Harry, Archie and Dearest Diana Jr for dust.

• Sad
  • Wow

nrs264

VIP Member
I so hope you are right. People are talking about her as if she is invincible and that she can single handedly bring down the RF. she can’t hold that much power, can she? Can she?!?!

Previous threads have talked about whether darker forces are at play and that someone is pulling MM’s strings in an attempt to destroy the monarchy. Has it been a set up all along for MM to snare Harry, cart him off to US, and then let the damage begin? Who could be behind it all if so? Could it be Epstein? Who has the money, power, and desire to destroy the monarchy? I am just throwing this out there in case anyone can remember these previous conspiracy theories. Not saying I believe them, it was just an interesting take on things. Particularly since Epstein has links to Andrew and has met MM on a yacht or something.

I think people are getting a little carried away over meghan and her importance. Let's not forget that the only ones who can get rid of the British royal family is the British people and Harry and meghan have burnt their bridges with many people, or people simply don't care. Covid is going to dominate our lives for the rest of this year and this interview will be forgotten, this will be nothing like Diana's....she simply doesn't have enough information for that.

And like I say, the jubilee next year will likely send RF approval through the roof, jubilees often do. The RF have weathered worse storms.

• Heart

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Those titles better be taken away for good after this shitty interview!! She's going to absolutely tarnish the Royal family!! Also find it funny that nearly all day time tv shows today have been 'meghan having another kid yeah yeah whatever' 😅😅

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
Is there anything new that Meghan can say to Oprah? Although maybe she will give her the exclusive about when the baby is due?

I'm sure it will be a high rating money spinner....just because of the subject matter.....but what can she say that we don't already know?

But these dates are tight....She only found out she had won against the DM on Thursday, It still isnt completely settled, Judge Warby gives his second judgement on the 2nd and this interview is being aired in the US on the 7th March.
She almost had to get the pregnancy announcement out at the weekend to get a bit of advance publicity for the interview!

Has the programme been sold to a British outlet at all? Or will someone like The Mail cover the whole interview in advance, and clips put up on you tube so we don't need to watch it in the UK? (Im wanting to watch this new Britney documentary...but it hasn't yet been released in the UK, so it can be complicated!)

And she can say that the British press is racist...and maybe there are issues....but its complicated.......
Meghan behaves a lot more like a rich white californian woman than a proud WOC

Reactions: 34