Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Toto

Chatty Member
I agree with posters who think their putative 'deal' with Netflix will tank. The Beckhams - like or loathe them - are utter professionals when it comes to their brand, and have plenty of uncontroversial material that can be fluffed up into a never-ending stream of brainless but watchable content. They'll come out of it quids-in and with their reputations enhanced.

Whereas H&M are a one-trick pony. They bring a shit-ton of complications that @Margot1977 mentioned upthread such as legal and PR.

Netflix will have an eye on the commercial realities, especially after the Cuties debacle. I've no doubt that H&M have a few merch-able nuggets up their sleeves such as video footage of the inside of royal residences. But after that, what? It's just the same old whinge-fest.

The problem for Netflix is that La Markle will try to stick her beak into, and control, every bloody thing. She'll know better than anyone else about other people's jobs, and will just be an insufferable nightmare to work with. The overheads in terms of the time spent on dealing with her alone - never mind the legal complications - have a cost. Netflix's bean counters Will Not Be Happy.

H&M's newly-appointed PR people - anyone want to take bets on how long they last? - will be earning their crust.

Even a numpty like me can see that throwing dirt at the RF will not enhance their reputation.

I wonder even if the Netflix thing will even get that far. After the one year review, I think ties with the RF will be formally severed to the most tenuous of threads, the courtiers'' gloves will come off, and some ever-so-polite, weapons-grade hardball will be played.

She's not half as clever as she thinks she is. She's just using energy and ammo on a never-ending series of skirmishes which her ego thinks she 'wins'. She's her own worst enemy, and she's doing the suits at the Palace a favour because she's so bloody obvious and visible.

When it comes to the celebs and elite she wants to get pally with, not a hope. They'll become utter pariahs. They demonstrate no discretion, class or restraint. Why would A listers want to be associated with people whose conduct is so low?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Macmama

VIP Member
I think she means understands what it's like being a milwife..........military wife.

Which she bloody well does not at all!
This. Although considering being a midwife requires dedication, personal sacrifice, commitment, hard work, I doubt Meghan would understand it any more either.

I'm off on a rage to find the article now. It was about her and Hazzers visit. I would have loved to have sat and spoken with her. That simpering face just winds me up something awful.

Yes, Meghan, it's so difficult being a soldier/veteran's wife, isn't it? How difficult it must be to support Harry through his PTSD from tours. Having to give birth to your child with a husband deployed overseas, and you're not really sure if he's alright because you haven't spoken in weeks, and the first time your husband meets your newest child is over video call. Comforting upset children when Dad misses a birthday/Christmas/school event/milestone and trying to explain. Missing precious family time for deployments and training, sacrificing your own personal wants and wishes, accepting that his job will always come first.

Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

• Heart

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
Im late to the party watching ''The Crown'' Ive only ever dipped into it, but was watching the series with Princess Margaret charming President Johnson, and being so so sad at being shaded by her older sister and just being the Spare!

1) What is all this fuss about being the spare? I only have to look at my favourite royal, Princess Anne, to know that ''this pity poor me role'' isnt or doesnt have to be automatic. She is in succession terms the purposeless daughter with no specific role.
But she has created her own role. She does loads of 'royal' events, openings etc

Plus she has created her own life and followed her own interests. She has her horse riding, competing in the Olympics, she has her family and her husbands, she has her charity work, where she is an enthusiastic and involved patron.
But throughout it all, she has kept within the constraints and restrictions of the royal family. And although fiercely independent, eg her children dont have titles deliberately, she has never rocked the boat or upset the worlds press!

I think Prince Harry should look hard at his Aunts example!

And with all this publicity about the latest series of ''The Crown'' its interesting to see the comments that the writer was originally a republican, and not at all pro monarchy!
I think the factual events of the TV show, have to be accurate, but it's the way that they are interpreted that is potentially so damaging to the royal family!

In the episodes I saw, I didn't like seeing the Queen represented as so dull and sensible! As this isnt ever the impression that I have ever got of her!

Sadly I could imagine someone like her Douchness Meghan watching ''The Crown'' and interpreting it as a documentary, seeing herself in the Princess Margaret role, neglected and misunderstood........

How can so many people see a TV show and think that life is or was really like this? Its the whole Downton Abbey thing all over again! Downton is an amazing series with incredible production values and acting. But the Downton Abbey lifestyle and period, was perfect for a tiny minority of rich and wealthy people But dreadful for the rest of the population, living in poverty or through a massive recession and unemployment of the 1920s and 1930s.

I have massive reservations about ''The Crown'' as a TV show, because its portraying real life people.........maybe in an inaccurate way....without giving them any right to reply or imput into the series. Maybe the first few seasons based in ancient history....were ok....but its getting extremely close to modern day....and it doesnt sound as if its going to be fair or accurate portrayal of Camilla at all

• Heart

Poppea

VIP Member
As for Yoko
She ain't nice either!!! Encountered her once, she is friends/has a very close work relationship with someone I used to know well. He came to a restaurant where I was sitting with my BFF with her in tow. She was beyond rude when we were introduced. He wanted to sit with us, but I had to decline. Not politely decline, but tell her and him I am not used to be insulted by strangers and won't have her near me. Bitch was spitting fire. Obviously she was used to people putting up with just about everyting she did. Well, I was used to hanging out with bigger fish and was so not impressed. :ROFLMAO: In my experience the bigger the fish, the nicer they are to just everyone. People who have nothing to proof are most including (or is it inclusive?) and nice. The down talking is a special trait of the insecure and those who will never make it to the top.

• Heart

Murakami's Cat

'Prince Harry seems to have made a sudden U-turn about how acts of service should be carried out, preaching that 'service is what happens in the quiet... when people aren't watching' - just days after he and wife Meghan Markle were slammed for turning Remembrance Day into a 'tasteless publicity stunt'

So here's insane Hazno talking about being committed to a life of service after ditching his responsibilities as a member of the royal family.
You're not fooling us you ginger cunt 😡
Quiet? If it were quiet we would not know about it. The fact they're telling us he's doing things quietly is still not quiet. George Michael is an example of a person who did a lot of things for people and nobody heard about it until much later.

I just caught the end of an interview on This Morning, with Gyles Brandreth and a lady talking nonsense. "We should be talking about Andrew". We have been talking about Andrew. There aren't any new developments and if there we can talk about it. I think most will agree that his involvement with Epstein is repugnant. Does this mean we can't discuss anyone else in the family because of what Andrew did? We can talk about Andrew and we can talk about Harry And Meghan. The reason we are talking about Meghan is that she and her husband splash themselves all over the media several times a week. Illogical stupidity. I don't see her complaining about everyone discussing The Crown, and Charles and Diana again. Maybe she should apply her logic to that.

Last edited:
  • Heart

freda19

VIP Member
If anyone here watches Strictly Come Dancing, one of the celebrities is former Marine and Invictus Champion JJ Chalmers, who is a lovely bloke and now a regular TV presenter on the BBC.

His dance partner Amy Dowden has said that 'a surreal thing' happened this week, she's on cloud nine, she can't say too much but wait for Saturday. I'm calling it now. Motivational Zoom call from Prince Harry to his 'old Invictus buddy' JJ will be part of Saturday night's show. Would fit neatly in the Hero Harry campaign, Strictly has an audience of 10 million and they can then plaster the Sunday papers with follow up PR. Oh, and it's Camilla's fave show.

I really hope I'm totally wrong and the Zoom call has come from the next Captain General Royal Marines, Prince William....
Fingers crossed it's someone who actually cares about the military rather than Cunty McCuntface.
But let's face it, it's a chance to get his fugly mug on the telly and he'll do it for meggy one leggy.

Welcome all new persons.:m
I do not bite. That's a foul rumour.🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

freda19

VIP Member
It's amazing with hindsight, isn't it. I was with @freda19 that surely the official KP team couldn't have been working offically on a private letter to her poor Dad. But then when you look at the 'Palace sources' stories, which say they were holding crisis meetings about how to deal with Thomas Sr, and basically pretty much tee-ing up a 'leak' of this letter later in the month, it all becomes clear.
No, I'm still not buying it Bagsy. There is no way the palace would waste time on 3 'crisis' meetings just to discuss Thomas. It was her problem to deal with and really had no affect on anyone else. He'd not dissed the palace or the queen.In fact he has always been very respectful to the elder royals. There was never going to be anything they could do about Thomas, simple as that. They had/have no power over him so it's just ridiculous to imagine that they had 3 crisis meetings about him.
More like,
Ginger : Gangan, Meggy's dad is being a cunt and getting on her delicious little tits.:mad:
Brenda : Really Henry? Oh dear. (reaches for another chocolate digestive.)
Ginger : Can you do something about him?
Brenda : Not really Henry. I mean what would you like us to do ?
Ginger : Well, meggy thought maybe he could have a car accident in a tunnel or something. there's one near him in mexico.

Brenda : No darling boy, that's all a bit 90's. Been there done that and still cleaning up the shit.
This is your wifey's problem. I'll get that nice Jason to advise her on how to compose a nice letter of reconciliation to her daddy and it will all be fine.

Anyhoo, places to go, schools to visit ... laterz. Mind the corgi's don't bite yer arse on the way out.

• Haha
  • Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Im late to the party watching ''The Crown'' Ive only ever dipped into it, but was watching the series with Princess Margaret charming President Johnson, and being so so sad at being shaded by her older sister and just being the Spare!

1) What is all this fuss about being the spare? I only have to look at my favourite royal, Princess Anne, to know that ''this pity poor me role'' isnt or doesnt have to be automatic. She is in succession terms the purposeless daughter with no specific role.
But she has created her own role. She does loads of 'royal' events, openings etc

Plus she has created her own life and followed her own interests. She has her horse riding, competing in the Olympics, she has her family and her husbands, she has her charity work, where she is an enthusiastic and involved patron.
But throughout it all, she has kept within the constraints and restrictions of the royal family. And although fiercely independent, eg her children dont have titles deliberately, she has never rocked the boat or upset the worlds press!

I think Prince Harry should look hard at his Aunts example!

And with all this publicity about the latest series of ''The Crown'' its interesting to see the comments that the writer was originally a republican, and not at all pro monarchy!
I think the factual events of the TV show, have to be accurate, but it's the way that they are interpreted that is potentially so damaging to the royal family!

In the episodes I saw, I didn't like seeing the Queen represented as so dull and sensible! As this isnt ever the impression that I have ever got of her!

Sadly I could imagine someone like her Douchness Meghan watching ''The Crown'' and interpreting it as a documentary, seeing herself in the Princess Margaret role, neglected and misunderstood........

How can so many people see a TV show and think that life is or was really like this? Its the whole Downton Abbey thing all over again! Downton is an amazing series with incredible production values and acting. But the Downton Abbey lifestyle and period, was perfect for a tiny minority of rich and wealthy people But dreadful for the rest of the population, living in poverty or through a massive recession and unemployment of the 1920s and 1930s.

I have massive reservations about ''The Crown'' as a TV show, because its portraying real life people.........maybe in an inaccurate way....without giving them any right to reply or imput into the series. Maybe the first few seasons based in ancient history....were ok....but its getting extremely close to modern day....and it doesnt sound as if its going to be fair or accurate portrayal of Camilla at all
From your post ... "I have massive reservations about ''The Crown'' as a TV show, because its portraying real life people.........maybe in an inaccurate way....without giving them any right to reply or imput into the series. Maybe the first few seasons based in ancient history....were ok....but its getting extremely close to modern day....and it doesnt sound as if its going to be fair or accurate portrayal of Camilla at all"

I totally agree. I tried to make that point in another thread where the royals were getting trashed for being human and making mistakes in life. I've not even read the responses because I know it'll be the same uneducated repetitive nasty bollox I've come to expect from trolls.
We've ALL made mistakes in our past. Dated an absolute dick head druggy,or ran with a bad crowd, or treated a wonderful kind ex like shit, or dated a married person and caused heartache to an innocent person, or got arrested or vandalised property out of sheer youthful spite and arrogance. Do we want to have that thrown in our faces in our final years of life? ... over and over and over, millions of strangers picking over our past mistakes and judging the kinder more sensible person we've become as disgusting (based on past misdeeds)?

The irony is that those screeching loudest about the people being portrayed in the crown as being total cunts probably have done far far worse things in their own past but air brushed it from their history/memory, because we hate reminders that we were all probably once utter absolute cunts at some point in our past. Do we want it rammed down our throats for eternity, used to define ouur reformed self? Do we fuck.:mad:
It's wrong and amounts to abuse, like the Caroline Flack twitter trolls x 100.

• Heart
Phhwoarhhhh. Brad looks so manly and useful. The type of man who’d quickly mend your electrics if a socket blew out or something.
That kind of practical ability is far sexier than anything Hazno has got going for him.

Although let’s be honest, he’s a Hollywood star. He is probably fucking hopeless. But a girl can dream.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Interesting comment on Tumblr

View attachment 309014
Proof that the odious brat has truly lost his mind.

What on earth would quality Meghan to speak at this type of event? The pair of them should have been embarrassed, and what sort of spouse pushes themselves forward for attention like that all the time?

She has absolutely no shame or humility and he's a cunt. They deserve each other 😡

• Heart

Tattyfilarious

The odd thing is that my feet are quite nice apparently. My jobs were never conducive to high heels and I was never a party girl other than special occasions.
When I was in hospital a few years ago I awoke in the night to hear two nurses (one being male) hovering around my bed discussing my "tiny fairy feet" and dinky little slippers.
Don't care :cautious:. Don't like them.
Tiny fairy feet!
My second came out like a bullet out of a gun - so astounded that I had two more
Who actually walks properly in high heels, unless you're a ballerina?

Our beautiful dog Finn - he went over to the rainbow bridge this time last year

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad