Harry & Meghan #47 Don’t care who they upset, another PR stunt - “Lest We Forget” (them)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @NotDumbNotBlonde and @50sGirl for the thread!

What's happened since the last thread?

- Megzy's trial date against ANL is postponed until after 15 October for a 'confidential reason'. Next popcorn moment is coming up in January when she's asked Judge Warby for a summary judgement declaring her the winner
- The 'confidential reason' is such a mystery she's sent her mouthpieces to drop hints about 'nine months'
- No UK invitations for royal photo ops for the Harkles so they set up a publicity stunt in the LA Veterans Cemetery complete with private photographer and merching of Megzy's 'tasteful' $16,000 black outfit.
- No news of the Netflix deal but rumours that they are running around with a personal film crew..

• Heart
Reactions: 34
@Baguette - Sorry no technical ability to drag your comment through from the previous thread but just saw it re: medals. I’m not sure if photoshopped, doesn’t look like it, but seriously odd to have taken his medals to US - although to be fair, someone could have posted them out to him pretty easily. I just think it’s interesting he wore them when it’s a “Private”. I don’t tend to walk around with my medals on at private events 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 36
@Baguette - Sorry no technical ability to drag your comment through from the previous thread but just saw it re: medals. I’m not sure if photoshopped, doesn’t look like it, but seriously odd to have taken his medals to US - although to be fair, someone could have posted them out to him pretty easily. I just think it’s interesting he wore them when it’s a “Private”. I don’t tend to walk around with my medals on at private events 😜
I'll try to post the photo that looks strange - it's because they are both over the pocket and on the lapel as well, which seems a bit unusual?

And this one as well

The first photo is the one where the photoshopper has taken out one of Megzy's legs...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Gravity would pull those medals out of position, wouldn't it? Especially on the one where he is kneeling down. They don't look right.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'll try to post the photo that looks strange - it's because they are both over the pocket and on the lapel as well, which seems a bit unusual?

And this one as well

The first photo is the one where the photoshopper has taken out one of Megzy's legs...
She looks as though she's standing on one leg ike a stork! I hope that doesn't foretell the patter of tiny cloven hooves ...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It really looks to me like she's covering a smirk in this photo. I don't know which is worse. This or her with the "I'm so sad" face.

1605005734768.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19

And this one as well

I think medals over pocket/lapel is correct. What maybe looks wrong is that he’s wearing them with an ordinary suit?

I know you’re not generally supposed to wear them with an ordinary suit, should generally only be worn with uniform. But it is allowed to wear them on an ordinary suit at a properly organised appropriate event, I think in those cases the event organiser would normally state the dress code and include that medals on ordinary suit is acceptable. The etiquette about medals is quite strict. Obviously a bit open to technical discussion when it’s his own event like this is.

• Haha
  • Wow
Thinking about Netflix and reality programmes, İ suspect what Netflix are funding is a glammed-up reality documentary where MM & JCMH are creating their own 'stories' and narrative for filming. İt's not a fly on the wall doc where we see them lounging about at home in old joggers cutting their toenails but an instagram version of reality. Remember the Netflix guy remarked that he felt MM and JCMH had good stories to tell or wtte. They are not actually living real life anymore, simply concocting their own deluded reality drama - dining out with the Foster-Mcphees, handing out baby supplies, fighting litigation against MOS, posing shamelessly in a veterans' graveyard - all their puff pieces feed into this and the side bonus is the merching-kerching.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think medals over pocket/lapel is correct. What maybe looks wrong is that he’s wearing them with an ordinary suit?

I know you’re not generally supposed to wear them with an ordinary suit, should generally only be worn with uniform. But it is allowed to wear them on an ordinary suit at a properly organised appropriate event, I think in those cases the event organiser would normally state the dress code and include that medals on ordinary suit is acceptable. The etiquette about medals is quite strict. Obviously a bit open to technical discussion when it’s his own event like this is.
It's the kneeling down picture, something about the way the medals seem to float about the suit and not have the right shadow. Maybe they are real but have been brightened up to emphasise them.

Having the medals sent out to him in advance suggests a lot of planning.

Apparently the coat was custom-made, so must have been ordered a while ago, but maybe at that time the Harkles thought they could bully their way into the Cenotaph event?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
It's the kneeling down picture, something about the way the medals seem to float about the suit and not have the right shadow. Maybe they are real but have been brightened up to emphasise them.

Having the medals sent out to him in advance suggests a lot of planning.

Apparently the coat was custom-made, so must have been ordered a while ago, but maybe at that time the Harkles thought they could bully their way into the Cenotaph event?
yes this one pic does seem particularly weird. I would agree, his shoulder is in shadow so why are the medals so bright?

I should think they are mounted on a metal bar or pocket insert so I think it is OK that the "top line" of the medals is perfectly straight, but I'm not sure why the metal parts aren't hanging at odd angles when he's leaning over so much. Maybe they are a cardboard cutout like those birthday card medals you get :ROFLMAO:. The pic does have something of a photoshopped look to it, like @pombear could have done a better job.

and as someone else has said, where has her second hoof gone in this one :ROFLMAO:

I do note that when you look at the full set of photos, in all but one of them her fake hair is covering the poppy. I am sure that must break some poppy etiquette or is at least disrespectful.

1605007002100.png

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hubby just showed me his medals and they are stiff and mounted so would look like Hazno’s do. Not sure about the leg. Could she just not be standing one leg in front?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thinking about Netflix and reality programmes, İ suspect what Netflix are funding is a glammed-up reality documentary where MM & JCMH are creating their own 'stories' and narrative for filming. İt's not a fly on the wall doc where we see them lounging about at home in old joggers cutting their toenails but an instagram version of reality. Remember the Netflix guy remarked that he felt MM and JCMH had good stories to tell or wtte. They are not actually living real life anymore, simply concocting their own deluded reality drama - dining out with the Foster-Mcphees, handing out baby supplies, fighting litigation against MOS, posing shamelessly in a veterans' graveyard - all their puff pieces feed into this and the side bonus is the merching-kerching.
Think you are right on the money with this.

True Royalty TV was pumping out all those 'Meghan is Marvellous' documentaries and were rumoured to be paying the Harkles a fee for each documentary. What seems to be happening is that the Harkles are now making exactly the same sort of 'Royal Harkles Shine a Light' docs for Netflix, complete sugary contributions from the likes of Omid. It will all be as fake and staged as the rest of their PR.

• Sick
What I do find interesting in the wreath debacle is the media not pointing out that the wreath was made in January, before they left. So it was probably just on normal RF order ready for November but then not required. I doubt he stumped up his own money and it certainly wasn’t something organised recently.

Reactions: 24
They are bound to be planning their next stunt for tomorrow 11 November Armistice Day.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.