Harry & Meghan #444 Prince Harry and the case of the missing cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get the teeny tiny violins out.....

It's Mr Quinn so pinch of salt, but :rolleyes:

It was a jar of jam, love. Not the Crown Jewels.

And people who maybe can't even pay their bills or put food on the table are supposed to admire her luxurious American lifestyle???

I am honestly so tired of the melodrama. "in tears" "collapsed in tears" "sobbed" "devastated." All varients of the same thing. Give it a rest. Real life is not a bad Hallmark movie.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Rishi is getting grey super quick .

I am a tad worried about Labour getting .in because if they run the country like they run My town it will be a complete shitshow They have had overall control of the town council for two years the town is a mess shops closing pot holes everywhere and we are nearly bankrupt .
Women should be wary as well because they will bring in the gender ID crap 😤
We'll all have to let men in wherever they want.

Having said that the tories are shitshow as well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Telegraph newsletter..

The garden party that offered a small glimpse of what that world might look like
Hannah Furness
By Hannah Furness
Royal Editor
There was something quite striking about the Prince of Wales stepping out of a very soggy Buckingham Palace on Tuesday afternoon. On his own, as the Princess recovers from illness at home, he could have cut quite a lonely figure.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester took their places slightly behind him for the national anthem, and it is anyone's guess what was running through Prince William's mind as he heard the familiar strains of God Save the King.

The 8,000 guests sheltered under umbrellas, watching the tall, top-hatted Prince get ready to circulate without his wife by his side.

And then, waiting in the wings, came the reinforcements: Team W, if you will.

Prince William's cousins Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, with a bonus order of cousin-in-law Mike Tindall, put on their best frocks and morning dress, ready to mingle with the crowds.

The younger royal generation were invited personally by Prince William – his idea, although his father and the King's household are said to have been aware of the plan.

They were there as cousins, not as working royals, and they were not named in the official record of the Court Circular. But they did put in a shift. The Princesses cheerfully posed for photographs with countless guests, while Zara and Mike made their way along the lines of people behind William, making small talk. The topic of the weather came up a lot.

With an age range of 34 to 46, the very grown-up cousins have moved on from their era as the party princes and princesses but have retained the energy and fun.

The cousins are close and it showed – the Phillips-Tindall-York contingent lifted the atmosphere. As one onlooker noted: "You could see the warmth."

It is no criticism of the Prince of Wales to point out the obvious, that princes and future Kings have always needed their wives by their sides. The absence of the Princess of Wales, essential though it is for her to be given peace and quiet at home, is very noticeable at these events in particular, where the excitement level at seeing a "real life Princess" would normally be palpable.

That William has cousins he can rely on will be a comfort to him, to her and to the King, who has his own major health challenges and is all too aware of his elder son's future.

His younger son, as ever, may be on his mind as well.

Yesterday, my colleague Victoria Ward reported that Prince Harry turned down the King's invitation to stay at a palace while he was in Britain for security reasons. Staying somewhere so visible, it is said, would make him more vulnerable when he entered and exited if he did not have his own armed guards to then travel with him through London. The flaws in the Sussex logic are almost too obvious to state (palaces tend to be rather well protected places, to start with) but the thought process is interesting nonetheless.

The security issue, for Harry, is all-encompassing. There is no real hope it will change, and Harry is yet to reconcile himself to bringing his wife and two children to Britain while their protection is not agreed to his satisfaction.

What, then, does that mean for the future? In the short term, an Invictus Games that may well go to Birmingham in 2027. In the long term, a brother on the throne.

The garden party is, I think, a small glimpse of what that world might look like.

In a future reign of King William, if his children are not yet old enough to take on public duties of their own, he will need a reliable cast of popular characters around him to lighten the load. If not officially, just on a human level – companionship in a unique role and people who have known him all his life to tease him about how he looks in a crown.

That he has sidekicks who will say yes to helping out without hesitation speaks volumes. The garden party heard God Save the King. Before long, there may be mutters of God Save Team W as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Frankly I don't trust any of them to run the country...we seem to have no politicians of any decent standard now. I don't know why we can't find any talent to stand for office but they seem to be uniquely incompetent idiots at the moment. The NHS is Wales is in just as much trouble as the NHS here but I don't think we have anyone with the brains to sort it out, of any political party. Person

Couldn't agree more. I think self ID is very dangerous for women so am very nervous about this election. But the Tories are utter crap too.
Do we think the press will ever get tired of printing these ludicrous stories about MM? I guess as long as people click they don't care about the content...argh.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
In 1917 UK Parliament passed an Act to remove Titles as they finally realised that several British Peers and Princes of the Realm were actually fighting for the - German! - army. There was quite a large group of European relatives of the British monarch, who decided to fight against, rather than for the UK.

It took parliament a while ( maybe they were busy with other more pressing things like a world war! ) but they eventually - and sensibly - realised that despite all of the urgency of other pressing matters on Parliament's time, it was beyond ridiculous that these distant German Royal family members were still holding holding titles. These titles werre some of the highest honours Britain could bestow.... and they were being held and used by people who didn't prioritise Britain, or our monarchy, or our values, or our people. In fact - they were actively against us.

Moving forward to modern UK, we now have a Princess ( albeit by marriage, but a princess of our realm none-the-less) and her Prince (without a country ) openly mocking us by refusing to "set foot" in Britain and calling Nigeria her motherland, all as she holds a USA passport.

Hapless Harry has likewise rejected us, but isn't American, nor Nigerian...which leaves me wondering if a Prince without a country is really a Prince at all?

Where is he a Prince of, one wonders?

And let us not forget, the title of Prince is an honour that is allowed by us, the people he is supposed to be loyal to, and bestowed by parliament and the monarch, and it is a title that can be removed. See above.

Let us be clear....only his eligibility to be a Prince is a birthright.....his actual title is NOT. He has no automatic or continued right to his title whatsoever. None.

Our Kings and Queens pledge service to us. They inspire love and respect through their duty to us. Their lack of political ambition, their grace and dignity. Truly regal. We expect them to act in this way. Adhering to those centuries old traditions. Not everyone could do what they do. I couldn't. They are multi-millionaires in their own right. They could simply ....walk away...and leave us with corrupt politicians vying to be Head of State instead.

And yet they don't walk away, they don't abandon their role. I hugely admire that sense of duty. It shows a fortitude of character and respect for our country that goes above and beyond. I think the majority of people sense that. It inspires us, and gives us a sense of national pride and identity. It is why we wave flags and cheer the Royals. No current modern politician could unite us in the same way. The Royal Family should always be above politics for this reason.

But H&M have indeed walked away. They have abandoned their roles, and the "rules". Which is a big deal... because if you abandon the role and flaunt the rules, you shouldn't get to still keep the job titles. And so their HRH status was taken, and QEII ( RIP) wisely said NO to the half-in half-out deal.

...but it isn't just the abandonment of the roles and duties, now is it? If they had flown to freedom and truly had become the next GOOP, or become succesful film directors and podcasters by their own merits, hardly anyone would have cared. They would still have masses of support in the UK, too. But instead, they have demeaned our thousand years of heritage, disrespected the honour we bestowed on them by allowing them to call themselves by these BRITISH (UK) titles. If their titles had merely opened a few doors, and they had never said a word against the monarchy or UK and had simply worked hard proving themselves a successful author, guest speaker or jam maker , no-one would have cared. They could have even come back occasionally and been cheered. But instead, they have attacked the RF over and over again. The UK, and the people, too.

And now - they have literally pledged allegiance - in front of the world - to another country. And as she holds a different passport? They have refused to sing our national anthem! On a cos-playing "Royal" tour, no less!

How ....JUST HOW.... has someone not said.. NO to this??

You simply shouldn't disrespect my country like that. Their first - AND ONLY - priority should be the UK. Or forfeit the titles. It is that simple. If being Nigerian, or American is more important, then that's totally fine - but you need to give up the titles and honours that you carry from this country.

Calling another country "home" and "in-laws" and "motherland" ??? What will it take before we say enough is enough? They even still used the HRH titles in Nigeria - which is supposedly forbidden. A Prince and Princess grabbing gifts? Why are we allowing this?

Parliament needs to strip those honours immediately.

King Charles cannot do this - his authority is limited to banishing them from the Royal Court....which perhaps doesn't have the same impact that it once did 500 years ago! It is Parliament who need to get rid of those titles. KCIII, however, with the flick of a pen, he could strike them from the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

Sadly, that wouldn't mean much in the scheme of things...but it would be one hell of a loyal gesture to us. Distance the monarchy and by extension, the UK, from the antics of this disrespectful duo. His ancestor King George V was brave enough.. King George V struck off the war traitors 2 years before Parliament got around to officially removing their titles ( despite still being preoccupied with a world war) Our current Parliament has no such excuse.

It is a huge INSULT to everyone who swears allegiance to the King for their job ( army/law courts etc) that these 2 still bear titles - at the same time as pledging their allegiance to other countries, rather to us and the monarch here.

PH in particular, sees being a Prince as his "right".

It isn't Hazno, it really isn't - only your place in the queue to the throne was your birthright, not the permanent right to the title of Prince. Just ask the French Royalty if you don't believe me.

He should still be behaving with the loyalty, decorum and duty that the honour of his titles should inspire....or face losing them.

Time to strip them of their titles. I shall be petitioning my MP. It's time these two traitors face the consequences of their selfish disregard of our country.

As ever, My opinions only, feel free to seek your own truths.

Oh and my apologies for the extra long post!
Thank you for the insight that I lacked being a citizen of the US. As much as I am a fan of the British royals, I never fully understood their relationship to the the British/UK people.

I hope you send your post as a letter to the major newspapers. The rest of the world should read this.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Telegraph newsletter..

The garden party that offered a small glimpse of what that world might look like
Hannah Furness
By Hannah Furness
Royal Editor
There was something quite striking about the Prince of Wales stepping out of a very soggy Buckingham Palace on Tuesday afternoon. On his own, as the Princess recovers from illness at home, he could have cut quite a lonely figure.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester took their places slightly behind him for the national anthem, and it is anyone's guess what was running through Prince William's mind as he heard the familiar strains of God Save the King.

The 8,000 guests sheltered under umbrellas, watching the tall, top-hatted Prince get ready to circulate without his wife by his side.

Prince William's cousins Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, with a bonus order of cousin-in-law Mike Tindall, put on their best frocks and morning dress, ready to mingle with the crowds.

The younger royal generation were invited personally by Prince William – his idea, although his father and the King's household are said to have been aware of the plan.

They were there as cousins, not as working royals, and they were not named in the official record of the Court Circular. But they did put in a shift. The Princesses cheerfully posed for photographs with countless guests, while Zara and Mike made their way along the lines of people behind William, making small talk. The topic of the weather came up a lot.

With an age range of 34 to 46, the very grown-up cousins have moved on from their era as the party princes and princesses but have retained the energy and fun.

The cousins are close and it showed – the Phillips-Tindall-York contingent lifted the atmosphere. As one onlooker noted: "You could see the warmth."

It is no criticism of the Prince of Wales to point out the obvious, that princes and future Kings have always needed their wives by their sides. The absence of the Princess of Wales, essential though it is for her to be given peace and quiet at home, is very noticeable at these events in particular, where the excitement level at seeing a "real life Princess" would normally be palpable.

That William has cousins he can rely on will be a comfort to him, to her and to the King, who has his own major health challenges and is all too aware of his elder son's future.

Yesterday, my colleague Victoria Ward reported that Prince Harry turned down the King's invitation to stay at a palace while he was in Britain for security reasons. Staying somewhere so visible, it is said, would make him more vulnerable when he entered and exited if he did not have his own armed guards to then travel with him through London. The flaws in the Sussex logic are almost too obvious to state (palaces tend to be rather well protected places, to start with) but the thought process is interesting nonetheless.

The security issue, for Harry, is all-encompassing. There is no real hope it will change, and Harry is yet to reconcile himself to bringing his wife and two children to Britain while their protection is not agreed to his satisfaction.

What, then, does that mean for the future? In the short term, an Invictus Games that may well go to Birmingham in 2027. In the long term, a brother on the throne.

The garden party is, I think, a small glimpse of what that world might look like.

In a future reign of King William, if his children are not yet old enough to take on public duties of their own, he will need a reliable cast of popular characters around him to lighten the load. If not officially, just on a human level – companionship in a unique role and people who have known him all his life to tease him about how he looks in a crown.

That he has sidekicks who will say yes to helping out without hesitation speaks volumes. The garden party heard God Save the King. Before long, there may be mutters of God Save Team W as well.
That is a lovely piece. Thank you for sharing it. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Agreed -- they're all tit, but I'd rather take the tit I know than the wokery infested hellhole this country will be under Labour when 90% of resources go towards policies aimed at pampering men in wigs.

Do we think the press will ever get tired of printing these ludicrous stories about MM? I guess as long as people click they don't care about the content...argh.
The press make most of their profit from H&M clickbait, yet despite being the most overexposed celebrity on the planet and all the free publicity Meh couldn't even get a million followers on the 'gram after several months. A bleeping dud if we ever saw one.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I doubt that even happened but he has definitely burnt his boats there.

I imagine Catherine didn't speak a word to either of that pair when they were over for the queen's funeral. We saw the looks she gave them, at the walkabout and rightly so.
Also Meghan tried to touch her sleeve or something along those lines, as they got into the pew at the service. Shudder.

And then her being named as one of the 'racists' 🥴 by plastic face, in his book. Ugh.
Yes, and there is all the tit he wrote about her in Spare.
Plus the Redheaded League drama online in which they churn out vile attacks against Catherine - as if anyone believes the Harkles aren't involved in that.
And, the Jamaica trip where the wax faced puppet Omar cropped the picture at the football ground, and said Kate was wearing a white power suit,

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Telegraph newsletter..

Hannah Furness
By Hannah Furness
Royal Editor

That was my first reaction when first viewing the Garden Party pictures. William has his team. These are people that can be relied upon. The Gloucesters are the stalwarts in the senior section.

I’m glad to see more people calling out the ridiculousness of Harry’s security complaints. He truly Markled himself by going to Nigeria.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
re the upcoming election, we're going to have wall to wall political "stuff" so H&M PR machine is going to have to work harder. Or , maybe we'll all be bored rigid with the usual election guff and need some light relief?? who knows :unsure:

i think it's been lovely that all the cousins have come together behind William, I bet this has pissed of Harold big time !

Did anyone listen to Paul M's last YT video, she claims that Harold was admitted to hospital /ER after the dinner>. I"m not too sure about her these days, she has good contacts but surely that would have made the news???

• Heart
Reactions: 26
In 1917 UK Parliament passed an Act to remove Titles as they finally realised that several British Peers and Princes of the Realm were actually fighting for the - German! - army. There was quite a large group of European relatives of the British monarch, who decided to fight against, rather than for the UK.

It took parliament a while ( maybe they were busy with other more pressing things like a world war! ) but they eventually - and sensibly - realised that despite all of the urgency of other pressing matters on Parliament's time, it was beyond ridiculous that these distant German Royal family members were still holding holding titles. These titles werre some of the highest honours Britain could bestow.... and they were being held and used by people who didn't prioritise Britain, or our monarchy, or our values, or our people. In fact - they were actively against us.

Moving forward to modern UK, we now have a Princess ( albeit by marriage, but a princess of our realm none-the-less) and her Prince (without a country ) openly mocking us by refusing to "set foot" in Britain and calling Nigeria her motherland, all as she holds a USA passport.

Hapless Harry has likewise rejected us, but isn't American, nor Nigerian...which leaves me wondering if a Prince without a country is really a Prince at all?

Where is he a Prince of, one wonders?

And let us not forget, the title of Prince is an honour that is allowed by us, the people he is supposed to be loyal to, and bestowed by parliament and the monarch, and it is a title that can be removed. See above.

Let us be clear....only his eligibility to be a Prince is a birthright.....his actual title is NOT. He has no automatic or continued right to his title whatsoever. None.

Our Kings and Queens pledge service to us. They inspire love and respect through their duty to us. Their lack of political ambition, their grace and dignity. Truly regal. We expect them to act in this way. Adhering to those centuries old traditions. Not everyone could do what they do. I couldn't. They are multi-millionaires in their own right. They could simply ....walk away...and leave us with corrupt politicians vying to be Head of State instead.

And yet they don't walk away, they don't abandon their role. I hugely admire that sense of duty. It shows a fortitude of character and respect for our country that goes above and beyond. I think the majority of people sense that. It inspires us, and gives us a sense of national pride and identity. It is why we wave flags and cheer the Royals. No current modern politician could unite us in the same way. The Royal Family should always be above politics for this reason.

But H&M have indeed walked away. They have abandoned their roles, and the "rules". Which is a big deal... because if you abandon the role and flaunt the rules, you shouldn't get to still keep the job titles. And so their HRH status was taken, and QEII ( RIP) wisely said NO to the half-in half-out deal.

...but it isn't just the abandonment of the roles and duties, now is it? If they had flown to freedom and truly had become the next GOOP, or become succesful film directors and podcasters by their own merits, hardly anyone would have cared. They would still have masses of support in the UK, too. But instead, they have demeaned our thousand years of heritage, disrespected the honour we bestowed on them by allowing them to call themselves by these BRITISH (UK) titles. If their titles had merely opened a few doors, and they had never said a word against the monarchy or UK and had simply worked hard proving themselves a successful author, guest speaker or jam maker , no-one would have cared. They could have even come back occasionally and been cheered. But instead, they have attacked the RF over and over again. The UK, and the people, too.

And now - they have literally pledged allegiance - in front of the world - to another country. And as she holds a different passport? They have refused to sing our national anthem! On a cos-playing "Royal" tour, no less!

How ....JUST HOW.... has someone not said.. NO to this??

You simply shouldn't disrespect my country like that. Their first - AND ONLY - priority should be the UK. Or forfeit the titles. It is that simple. If being Nigerian, or American is more important, then that's totally fine - but you need to give up the titles and honours that you carry from this country.

Calling another country "home" and "in-laws" and "motherland" ??? What will it take before we say enough is enough? They even still used the HRH titles in Nigeria - which is supposedly forbidden. A Prince and Princess grabbing gifts? Why are we allowing this?

Parliament needs to strip those honours immediately.

King Charles cannot do this - his authority is limited to banishing them from the Royal Court....which perhaps doesn't have the same impact that it once did 500 years ago! It is Parliament who need to get rid of those titles. KCIII, however, with the flick of a pen, he could strike them from the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

Sadly, that wouldn't mean much in the scheme of things...but it would be one hell of a loyal gesture to us. Distance the monarchy and by extension, the UK, from the antics of this disrespectful duo. His ancestor King George V was brave enough.. King George V struck off the war traitors 2 years before Parliament got around to officially removing their titles ( despite still being preoccupied with a world war) Our current Parliament has no such excuse.

It is a huge INSULT to everyone who swears allegiance to the King for their job ( army/law courts etc) that these 2 still bear titles - at the same time as pledging their allegiance to other countries, rather to us and the monarch here.

PH in particular, sees being a Prince as his "right".

It isn't Hazno, it really isn't - only your place in the queue to the throne was your birthright, not the permanent right to the title of Prince. Just ask the French Royalty if you don't believe me.

He should still be behaving with the loyalty, decorum and duty that the honour of his titles should inspire....or face losing them.

Time to strip them of their titles. I shall be petitioning my MP. It's time these two traitors face the consequences of their selfish disregard of our country.

As ever, My opinions only, feel free to seek your own truths.

Oh and my apologies for the extra long post!
It won't happen because the will is not there, so Seely's proposal was squashed immediately. We posted about this some months back.

The Guardian, 9th December 2022 on Bob Seely's Bill
"..... The Conservative MP has said he is planning to bring forward legislation in an attempt to strip the Duke and Duchess of Sussex of their royal titles. Bob Seely told the PA news agency he could propose the short private member’s bill early next year in an attempt to amend the 1917 Titles Deprivation Act.
If passed, it would see MPs vote on a resolution that could give the privy council the power to downgrade Harry and Meghan’s royal status."

OnTheWight.com, 7th December 2023
Under fire
"As well as coming under fire from local politicians, the Island’s MP Seely has even received criticism from Melanie Phillips, columnist for The Times newspaper, who believes that his attempts to have the law changed would shut off any future reconciliation between Harry and his father, King Charles III.
Although a strong critic of Harry and Meghan, Melanie Phillips says the move “risks looking petty and vindictive”, and that “slamming the door on him [Harry] would be lacking in compassion”.

Here's the killer...
"It's also worth noting that this proposed Bill is something Downing Street said they would not support when it first appeared a year ago."
"Dec 9, 2022 — Rishi Sunak does not back a proposed new law to strip Harry and Meghan of their Royal titles, Downing Street said on Friday."

Parliament will not go against the will of the Monarch.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Rishi is getting grey super quick .

I am a tad worried about Labour getting .in because if they run the country like they run My town it will be a complete shitshow They have had overall control of the town council for two years the town is a mess shops closing pot holes everywhere and we are nearly bankrupt .
I shouldn't worry it's a conservative run town council here with a conservative MP and it's dire 🙄
I think it's the same everywhere tbh 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Did anyone listen to Paul M's last YT video, she claims that Harold was admitted to hospital /ER after the dinner>. I"m not too sure about her these days, she has good contacts but surely that would have made the news???
Maybe he caught her in bed with the security guard.
We know from Spare how Harry like a punch up with them - only this time maybe they hit him back.

We'll see soon enough when they come out of hiding following the triumphant trip to Africa.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Which Royal residence did Chuck offer to Harold to stay in? I'm guessing Buckingham Palace if he's concerned about the public being able to have access.
It doesn’t make any sense to be complaining about public entrances and exits and then go stay at a public hotel 😄
What a bleeping nut job he is.
I would have offered him a cell at Scotland Yard. Safe and secure and they might even change the mattress for him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I think she summed it all up by calling them emotional manipulators. I am a complete dunce when it comes to doing that. The idea that people learn how to do that fascinates me. I think you have to be born with that gene. I have a nephew who definitely was born with it. I saw it when he was only six weeks old and he has never changed.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.