Harry & Meghan #437 When life gives you lemons, make overpriced strawberry jam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louis is 6 tomorrow.

Do you think Smeg might launch a new flavour?

Bitter Lemon Marmalade?

I hope Catherine isn't put off giving us a new photo.

Just put Lou Bug next to some bluebells or a budding rhododendron. Basically anything that's flowering in normal, rational people's gardens in the UK.

It'll keep Chris Ship and the American Squaddies occupied for days.
Sour Grapes Marmalade?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It has indeed gone very quiet and Lemonada themselves haven't said anything about when Meghan's new podcast will be released nor have they said anything about what the podcast will be about. Tbh I wouldn't be at all surprised if nothing gets released as Meghan always announces things yet they never take off with a prime example being the 40x40 project.
tbh I thought the Lemonada deal was mostly about providing a new home for the existing podcast recordings in place of Spotify, and as part of the deal a second series was an option for Lemonada (bloody stupid name) but not a given. I could be wrong though, I don't have insider info as i'm not on the staff of WME or Archewank, thank goodness

Reactions: 27
Just checked - there's a transcript below the video that's easily accessible, easy to read.
I always forget about it though!
I'd probably go to her videos more often if I could get into the habit of turning off sound and just following along reading and looking at the video!

I have the same issues as you do. Ditto, no offence meant, I respect her investigatory skills and reportage .
<No offence>
From The Fast Show
"She is South African, orange in the face, has a high opinion of her makeup skills, and a low opinion of just about everyone else. Often approaching in attempt to sell perfume or makeup, she is brutally honest with distorted views of other people's worth and appearance.

She offers her opinions (sometimes homophobic, misogynistic, ableist and always horrible) under the guise of concerned advice, tailing them at the end with 'No offence.'"
<Not you Sami Lee.>

1713800326484.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't understand how she can sell this jam as some sort of luxury product?!

Duchy jam is made with fruit from the estate. What's ARO's USP? That it's hers? It's not like she's grown the strawberries or made the jam herself.
It's going to be manufactured in a commercial setting somewhere.

sorry if this has been discussed before I've been AWOL
Angela Levin said this morning that the info about the jam was the opposite way around.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
According to Melissa McCarthy, we all can't stand Meghan because we are jealous of her. The hate is because Meghan is smart and interesting and that threatens others.

That's us told then :rolleyes:
Yeah... what a load of old codswallop!

I bet my bottom dollar that each person on this forum is smarter than smeg - she who went gold-digging and hauled in a half-dunked soggy Ginger Nut biscuit .

Smeg has had unprecedented access to global platforms to show us just how 'interesting' she is.
All we've seen, read and heard is unprecedented, brazen plagiarism.
Copycats aren't interesting - they're pathetic parrots, stealing other people's genius.

🙄🙄🙄 'we're threatened'??! 🤣🤣🤣 Send her round to my house and see how completely unmoved I am by this vacuous grifter! It's much more likely that she feels threatened by our skills and actual, tangible achievements!

Melissa, babe, time to get help with your troublesome cognitive skills! You sound like you're several Jammy Dodgers short of a picnic!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s not what you SAY Melissa m’love it’s what you DO… so offer Smeg a lovely part in your next film please. Put your money where your mouth is that will impress us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Meghan's Mole currently online...

Get it while it's hot...
And not removed by utube.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I wonder if either of them has the emotional intelligence to actually sit back and consider what damage they have done to themselves?

They are paying one of the most prestigious and powerful companies in the world to manage their careers, PR, etc. She is paying an expert to ‘curate’ her wardrobe and her ‘image.’ PR professionals pitch glowing stories aboutthemalmost daily. Awards materialize to boost their public ‘profile.’ Top people in every field are doing their utmost for them, everyday..to make them popular, admired and insure that their endeavors…are lucrative.

Think of all the money and manpower spent on their behalf!!! Yet this simple rollout of her jam project results in such mockery, derision and negative comments everywhere…that some Hollywood ‘friend’ is put forward to the media…to blame the ‘jealous’ public for their rejection of all these corporate efforts to resuscitate the Sussexes!

What is even more remarkable is…think where they started! He was once…for years actually…one of the most popular members of the British RF! Beloved in memory as that sad young boy walking behind Diana’s coffin. She was instantly endeared to the public…wildly popular as the bride he chose.

Without a penny out of pocket, they started at the TOP!!

They could have left the UK and taken much of that goodwill to the States with them. But instead they chose to each reveal ugly, petulant personalities. They alienated half the country with her Woke hectoring and his rich boy ‘Pa cut me off’ woes during a devastating recession. They allowed themselves to receive unearned awards that only generated negative feedback…and they oversaturated themselves in the media with some palpable ‘neediness’ for constant attention.

So now, things are so bad, that the best they can do is dispatch someone like Melissa McCarthy to the media…to blame the public for the failure of all this money spent…to make us unsee…what we have seen for 4 years????

What they CHOSE, over and over again, to show us.

Sadly…”All Hollywood’s horses and Hollywood’s men…cannot ever, in my opinion, put those reputations on top again.”

I love this post so much.

Well said!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I read over the last few days that it isn't the strawberry season in Cali so how she can claim to have home made jam is a joke!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
One of the Sidley twins in their latest live said that the jam was a symbol of Smeg's brand rather than a product she is going to sell. For example, Abigail Spencer is holding a representation of the brand. The planter = home decor, the lemon flowers = gardening, the lemons = Lemonada, the jam = cooking, and Abigail and the other 49 = friends.

And the unstuck label represents the utter sloppy shabby slob that Smegs is.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I have been thinking about M’s comment that ‘service is universal’…especially in light of an interview I watched on the Sun website a few days ago. The interview was with a reporter who had been with Markle when that Fiji tour was abruptly cut short after some had waited hours to greet her…

This truly was a sign of things to come…and how she viewed ‘service.’

There was a time in the US…where every city had a Junior League…and other similar charitable/cultural organizations…where women fortunate enough to have the time and means..would do volunteer charity work. “Giving back.” was the mantra.

There were two types of women involved. One type actually worked at ‘charity work’, doing whatever mental/physical work that the volunteer (non-paying) job required. Hands on…sometimes in the scarier parts of the city…going to courtrooms with battered women…taking calls to pick someone up at a bus station in the middle of the night, they stepped up and showed up.. We would call this ‘doing windows.’ A dedication to do whatever was needed.

That’s how they saw…’giving back.’

Then there were the others…who would write a check. Sometimes a big one. About the only time you’d see them was when the newspaper would take pictures..THAT they would have time for. Or at the parties, dressed to the nines

That was their definition of ‘service.’

Your POW ‘does windows.’ In fact, that is the job of the RF, isn’t it? No matter what…not ever to disappoint those who came to see them in person. To push through always thinking of others…representing something bigger than yourself…your country.

Meghan is a ‘check-writer’ She loves to show up for the photos..for the awards…for the glitz. Otherwise as she so candidly stated…she really should get paid for it.

That’s HER definition of service.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Thanks @DanDanTheIceCreamMan for starting this new thread and to @Cacacoisfarraige for your fab thread title and not forgetting @Hannahebee for nominating it ❤

What a load of twaddle this DM piece is ….. PA has a car fitted with blue lights, but because he is a non working royal he can only use them on royal occasions now like a funeral and a coronation. ‘People’ are demanding these lights are removed because he isn’t entitled to them but ignoring the fact that they have never been used up to now by PA or anybody else. Also the people in the car behind him are his own security team not paid for by the tax payers.🙄

Why are these blue lights even worth a mention …… is it because jamgate has run its course and we are all bored with it now? I’d rather they left the page blank than print this mindless rubbish.
Thanks @Cacacoisfarraige for the title and @Hannahebee for nominating it, and @DanDanTheIceCreamMan for the thread.

The York pot is kept on the boil for a reason. I think the PA PR is closely tied to the Stoat PR, like in the CoS situation. CoS has never has been related to "working royal", and imo this was a fig-leaf speech by Lord True in the HoL, retrospectively, to lump PA in with the Stoat over the CoS farce to blur the lines and not single out the Stoat. It's not law what the Royal Household decided, just "in practice", and doesn't affect the ancient CoS rules. They said it had gone "under the radar" to explain the time gap, but it was a fudge.

People keep telling PA to shut up and go away, but at the same time we are constantly taunted by the press with reports of him grinning, arranging his teddies, striding out illegally with the family or ... gasp! ....grinning on horseback.

He's told to crawl under a rock, but is not allowed to do so even though he's never said a word. Every now and then threats are made about further JE or VG revelations, followed by reports that PA is living in fear, then grinning. Now living in a dilapidated stately home he can't afford. It will be rat infestation next, and compassionate Chuck will send for Rentokill. You heard it here first.

@wibble said "Charles has already said Harry won't be called."
By adding two more people the likelihood is less, but CoS have to work in pairs I believe, and we've seen how people can become ill. C might have no say in it, and it's technically possible that the Stoat could be a Counsellor of State, technically possible he could be Regent. Nothing has been done to prevent either of these disasters happening and nobody can guess the future.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Listening to Meghan's Mole talk about the Africa Parks thing....

I'm all for sticking the boot into Harry but...

I'm still waiting for her to mention that Congo has just had elections.
That the Baka/Pygmy thing predates Africa Parks...
Or the Mormon temple in Kinshasa etc...

It's as silly as discovering pictures of children gathering cobalt, and ignoring the massive Chinese cobalt mine which produces 90% of the cobalt and is the subject of political maneuvering.

Reactions: 23
I wonder if either of them has the emotional intelligence to actually sit back and consider what damage they have done to themselves?

They are paying one of the most prestigious and powerful companies in the world to manage their careers, PR, etc. She is paying an expert to ‘curate’ her wardrobe and her ‘image.’ PR professionals pitch glowing stories aboutthemalmost daily. Awards materialize to boost their public ‘profile.’ Top people in every field are doing their utmost for them, everyday..to make them popular, admired and insure that their endeavors…are lucrative.

Think of all the money and manpower spent on their behalf!!! Yet this simple rollout of her jam project results in such mockery, derision and negative comments everywhere…that some Hollywood ‘friend’ is put forward to the media…to blame the ‘jealous’ public for their rejection of all these corporate efforts to resuscitate the Sussexes!

What is even more remarkable is…think where they started! He was once…for years actually…one of the most popular members of the British RF! Beloved in memory as that sad young boy walking behind Diana’s coffin. She was instantly endeared to the public…wildly popular as the bride he chose.

Without a penny out of pocket, they started at the TOP!!

They could have left the UK and taken much of that goodwill to the States with them. But instead they chose to each reveal ugly, petulant personalities. They alienated half the country with her Woke hectoring and his rich boy ‘Pa cut me off’ woes during a devastating recession. They allowed themselves to receive unearned awards that only generated negative feedback…and they oversaturated themselves in the media with some palpable ‘neediness’ for constant attention.

So now, things are so bad, that the best they can do is dispatch someone like Melissa McCarthy to the media…to blame the public for the failure of all this money spent…to make us unsee…what we have seen for 4 years????

What they CHOSE, over and over again, to show us.

Sadly…”All Hollywood’s horses and Hollywood’s men…cannot ever, in my opinion, put those reputations on top again.”
What a perfect summation of their sorry careers. If someone were to email this
post to the delusional duo, would they have the brains to understand what you have written? Probably not because they just don’t see themselves as doing anything wrong. They pay for all the advice in the world, but they don’t take it.

I actually hope that they continue to follow this path because it will make for a faster demise.

Melissa never had a real conversation with Meg in her entire life.
---
I read over the last few days that it isn't the strawberry season in Cali so how she can claim to have home made jam is a joke!
Even my husband said to me “where did she get the strawberries?” Going backwards in time, these jars were filled weeks ago. Montecito was under water and nothing was being harvested with the huge amounts of rain we had. Unless it was citrus and growing on a tree and pretty much unaffected, there was nothing to pick in the mounds of mud. Has anyone even commented on this? No. There has been zero critical thinking regarding her jam roll out, and I don’t expect that there will be. I am pretty tired of the fakery that it being accepted. I’m hoping everything they do is put under a microscope because it is all a lie and fake

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.