Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
My thread suggestions always bomb 😆, but I’ve been wanting to figure a way to use this, and since this news just came out about Backgrid basically telling the Harkles to pound sand, I’m just gonna put it down because why not and just for fun!! 😆 (Jonathan Lynch’s suggestion is ABSOLUTELY my fav, though!!) 😉
Harry and Meghan #350 Make Some Noiz For The Backgrid Boyz 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

Thalia

VIP Member
It was an assassination attempt and I can prove it!

The assassins (MI5?) were hidden in plain sight at Windsor Castle during the coronation concert. I'll put the footage in a spoiler as it's quite graphic and could upset Harold those of a nervous disposition:

gif.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

Cocobean9

VIP Member
They're so worried about security that they squeeze into a taxi with a random cab driver that could have had a knife or gun or been mentally unstable. Make it make sense
(Let me add Mr. Singh seems like a great guy and very responsible, love his interviews)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

The Wicked Lady

VIP Member
I don't want you all to accuse me of siding with the Harkles, but I actually had a very similar experience with a near catastrophic school-run.
For the school run I either wear a onesie and slippers or a gold, strapless dress and heels. On the day in question, it was the dress. We were late and as I turned the corner, the road was blocked by a bin lorry and the driver had got out.
There was a delay of several minutes during which I fearfully scanned the road for paparazzi. We eventually set off again, but once on the dual carriageway, I found we were being followed by literally hundreds of vehicles! There were cars, scooters and those lorries that deliver skips - all full of paparazzi, trying to photograph me doing the school-run. There was even a man in a flat-bed truck with a phone in each hand. (This is true, I did see this and can only assume what part of his anatomy he was using to steer :eek:).
The chase lasted 15 minutes, at times reaching speeds in excess of 20mph.
It was a terrifying experience and I think that you should have more empathy for the Harkles. Fortunately, we did arrive safely, but I was so shaken that I fell to the ground sobbing, while children and parents stepped over me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

Maggiemaynot

VIP Member
I came across this comment on the Maureen Callahan article about Smeg’s ‘Women of Vision’ award. It sums her up to a tee.

I got into women's rights after watching my mother be beaten and humiliated and left
without options by my father and society. I got into women’s rights after being sexually assaulted and denied opportunities. It's just insulting for her to claim sisterhood when she only has a platform because she married a rich famous man. She actually personifies the subjugation of women. She has a voice because of a man and not in spite of a man. She does not represent me.

Genuine women of vision are not fooled.

• Heart
Reactions: 89

Shushex

VIP Member
Thanks to @Mancunian for the winning title!

We have the following coming out to debunk the sordid allegations of this delusional triumvirate:

Mayor of NY: claimed that a high speed 2 hours chase in NY is highly unlikely, even a short 10 minutes chase is close to impossible in the Midtown area.
NYPD: claimed they gave some assistance to the security team, the whole trip to their accommodations lasted no more than 20 minutes. no incidents were recorded, no arrests, not even a traffic ticket was issued.
The MVP cabbie: claimed that while there were some paps, no one was in real danger, they were an annoyance at most.
BackGrid: claimed their paps' actions were all within the legal frame, they didn't endanger anyone's life in any way.
One unnamed paparazzo claimed the Harkles' security detail was diving somewhat carelessly and blocked a side street, which led to the police intervention to clear the traffic.

Meanwhile the SS death squad are now blaming the RF, because! And the Scoobies and Sholas are shouting right, left and centre that the Royals haven't contacted to ask Smegz whether she was ok.

We had so much fun with the memes and jokes last two threads, and the titles were hilarious, so i took liberty to make a compilation of all the honourable mentions with 30+ likes.

if i missed anything, please add to the recap :)

old thread:

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86

LadyMuck

VIP Member
So scooby said in court, on oath, that he's not friends withe harkles and doesn't have their number.

Then last night told us all about phantom car chase and that KC had not contacted them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
72 and still hard at work. I don’t know what it is but Princess Anne suits military outfits doesn’t she. What a bloody woman. She’s Amazing!
IMG_7520.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 85

Chita

VIP Member
Great recap thanks @Shushex
Fab title.

Dear Harry and Meghan,
If you really care about the environment you could have lessened your carbon footprint by accepting your award via zoom.
Then there would be no paparrazzi at all, but then you don't really care about your carbon footprint do you?
And you want the paparazzi to photograph you don't you?

Your hypocrisy is immense.

The good thing about this is that even more people now realise what is the true you.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

TheCutiePatootie

VIP Member
I am sorry, but I don't feel sorry for Harry.

I don't care if Peg and her mother are cruelly manipulating him.

I honestly, can say that I also don't care about his well-being. I know how awful that sounds.

No matter how sick you are, you don't backstab your own brother—the brother who only had his best interests at heart.

Letting Peg talk about him like that on their Netflix show. The future King. And Peg throwing Catherine under the bus several times. Fuck them, fuck them all. Whatever happens to Harry, idgaf. He can choke on these consequences for all I care. In fact, I hope they never let him go and he lives a life full of Peg, Doria and their fake friends till his very last breath. He chose this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81