Harry & Meghan #343 He looked like a bag of sh!te, suit creased and high as a kite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the arm-waving thing her new 'thing' like Joey in Friends deciding he needs a new walk šŸ¤£

As an aside I keep thinking of the comment last week when Catherine wore the shoes that Meghan apparently also wears (the same brand not the same shoes šŸ˜)it said 'Catherine's ankles were moisturised' - don't ask me why it just amused me. šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Rather shows his age, doesn't it? Trying to recapture lost youth šŸ˜‚

Someone upthread had remarked that she thought herself so important that she could overshadow the coronation with pics of herself hiking. Yep, she does, and she also has a habit of thinking that she is way hotter and prettier than she actually is. Remember the footage of her getting the red dress fitted/her petulant attitude at the event with that dress? We know that was a monstrosity, and not like got crumpled on the way messy.

Bet she thought, wow, I've lost so much weight and had that surgery so have had a magical transformation, not that I needed it. But my fans must be missing me so let me give everyone a lovely surprise. Let me get 'papped', the plebs will die of jealousy and wonder. She is absolutely delusional.

We see that sort of thinking and behaviour amongst bridezillas all the time, and even people with birthdays - my day, my week, my year, my decade. Experienced it with my narc relatives - I said, so my will be done, my event so everyone has to drop everything for days to focus solely on me. In the middle of the most acrimonious fights, my narc uncle's grandchild was born. So they expected us to drop everything and proclaim the coming of the next best thing after his wife and DIL, and to be in absolute raptures and die to attend all the functions they were organising to welcome the child, who we had absolutely no clue was coming. And for whose premature birth (a huge lie) we had been blamed.

Delusional is too mild and polite a word actually. šŸ¤·

Thank you šŸ¤—ā™„ definitely agree about stress. We've got some inherited chronic stuff like bronchitis. Should be mild and just inconvenient, but stress makes it into a whole other thing. Plus post-covid/long Covid. One thing leading to another. Not getting a stitch in time.

Tiny update: Doc just reviewed and said this is most likely Covid, given that my oxygen levels are dipping. Will continue to treat as the flu. I could have done without the diagnosis, frankly. The panic attacks are horrendous. Anyway, it's not gone, so everyone should still stay alert and practise safety measures.

Relatively peaceful in the house right now. I'm being more vocal about what I'm doing, mum's mostly sleeping, and I'm getting very irritated with dad for not practising safety measures properly - she loves it when we are in conflict. I'm trying to impose essential survival activities only mode to reduce work and stress, but it's very difficult to convince an Indian housewife when she's in the Indian housewife mode to adhere to that šŸ˜‚

About mum. It's complicated. She isn't that bad either. Some things she can't help, some things that I guess she learned and can't stop using as a survival tactic. All my grandparents were abusive to my parents - physically and emotionally. Narcs and enablers. Golden children, my parents were the scapegoats. They were groomed to basically fail - not allowed to stand up for themselves, bad habits encouraged, beaten down at every step. Her father and brother used our circumstances to exploit and control me and her financially and legally. She started breaking out of their hold only last year, but has a long way to go yet. A lot of her 'mean' or 'greedy' behaviours stem from trauma. Some are just the only dynamic she has experienced. That household is so horribly toxic. Same with her in-laws, though that side's style was thankfully quieter but more manipulative.

I can't cut any of them off until she does, and she won't. Can't cut her off because they'll use it to cause legal trouble for me. Made sure through grooming and disruption tactics that I don't have the resources or the necessary smartness to fight them. Plus she's a victim too and she's my mother. I do love her. And she's pretty cool at times. Also she's been sick all her life so that has played a huge role. Plus she hasn't had the advantage of growing up with the internet and having access to information about abuse. No one like Tattlers to point out narc behaviour that she could relate to. Plus of course anyone, especially a narc, would deny as wrong their own traits. I used to tell her but I'm the last person she would ever listen to.

I've developed unhealthy behaviours to survive myself, and God knows how many narcissistic traits I've inherited šŸ˜‚ so I hardly have a leg to stand on. I've just vowed to break the cycle, and seems like the universe agrees = no chance at getting a partner. Oh well. Better single and lonely than to bag myself a male Smegs. Can you imagine the horror? šŸ¤·
Is there any way you could find a husband yourself, rather than having your parents arrange a match? Then you could start getting on with your own life, get some support and have some separation from your parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
World's press. Smegz can only dream of!
Love this song, I vow to thee my country

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I see the Daily Mail has a story about Haznot nipping to the Palace on his way to the airport. Was there for a mere half an hour.

Guess he went to the post room to pick up his dwindling fan mail and the latest Studio catalogue for Smegs.
The Mail are saying he didn't go to BP as there wasn't time.

Reactions: 27
Most people if inheriting significant money from a relative would put it towards secure housing especially if you don't already own property. He's an entitled hole. Use Diana's money you idiot. It's a shame how he's turned out as he seems to have one side of his personality quite jovial and easy going like the Harold before MM came along, back when most people quite liked him. The men in suits did a sterling job of hiding the prick side and his wrong choice of wife has inflamed the other bitter and nasty side unfortunately.
His attitude to his inheritance is an infuriating. He thinks inherited money is his to keep, and someone else should pay for all his (unnecessary) expenses if he has no independent source of income. If papa wonā€™t cough up, then the poor should put their hands in their pockets. Because he didnā€™t ask to be a Prince. Anyone else would expect to live off the inherited money if they had nothing else. Well, I didnā€™t ask to be a pleb and have to go to work to earn a living. Iā€™m not sitting on millions. I donā€™t have a 16 bathroom monstrosity in Montecito. So duck off hanger boy.

We found out a couple of years ago when my uncle died that my grandparents had won quite a large sum (probably off the football pools) about 55 years ago. They had apparently given most of it to my uncle - their only son - and then left him the rest when they died. The three of them kept this secret all their lives!

Weā€™d kind of put two and two together and guessed something had happenedā€¦when I was about five and we were living in Australia, we received a very excited phone call from my grandparents saying they were going to come out and visit us. This was very out of character for them. The pair of them were very tightfisted to the point that even phoning us was unusual and international calls were quite expensive back then. But then it went quiet, and it was never mentioned again. We think they got excited when they realised theyā€™d won, but in the cold light of day their parsimonious natures kicked back in. They never particularly lived like they had money, but that was in character for them. My uncle was always the spoiled favourite, and never worked a day in his lifeā€¦and yet somehow, he bought himself a nice flat, had a new car every couple of years etc, etc. Weā€™re not talking millions here, but certainly enough for him to live comfortably on his whole life.

My mum and her sister are quite upset about this as you can imagine. Theyā€™ve now inherited his flat, and whatā€™s left of the money, but mumā€™s 84 and quite frail, and as she says whatā€™s she going to do with it now? The money could have made a big difference earlier in her life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
His attitude to his inheritance is an infuriating. He thinks inherited money is his to keep, and someone else should pay for all his (unnecessary) expenses if he has no independent source of income. If papa wonā€™t cough up, then the poor should put their hands in their pockets. Because he didnā€™t ask to be a Prince. Anyone else would expect to live off the inherited money if they had nothing else. Well, I didnā€™t ask to be a pleb and have to go to work to earn a living. Iā€™m not sitting on millions. I donā€™t have a 16 bathroom monstrosity in Montecito. So duck off hanger boy.

We found out a couple of years ago when my uncle died that my grandparents had won quite a large sum (probably off the football pools) about 55 years ago. They had apparently given most of it to my uncle - their only son - and then left him the rest when they died. The three of them kept this secret all their lives!

Weā€™d kind of put two and two together and guessed something had happenedā€¦when I was about five and we were living in Australia, we received a very excited phone call from my grandparents saying they were going to come out and visit us. This was very out of character for them. The pair of them were very tightfisted to the point that even phoning us was unusual and international calls were quite expensive back then. But then it went quiet, and it was never mentioned again. We think they got excited when they realised theyā€™d won, but in the cold light of day their parsimonious natures kicked back in. They never particularly lived like they had money, but that was in character for them. My uncle was always the spoiled favourite, and never worked a day in his lifeā€¦and yet somehow, he bought himself a nice flat, had a new car every couple of years etc, etc. Weā€™re not talking millions here, but certainly enough for him to live comfortably on his whole life.

My mum and her sister are quite upset about this as you can imagine. Theyā€™ve now inherited his flat, and whatā€™s left of the money, but mumā€™s 84 and quite frail, and as she says whatā€™s she going to do with it now? The money could have made a big difference earlier in her life.
THIS a thousand times !!!šŸ‘†šŸ‘†

So when you get people saying why should we pay towards a BRF who work for us ā€¦

ā€œ would you believe me that thereā€™s one who doesnā€™t work for us, lives in opulence abroad, who labels the whole country, who STILL expects us to pay for him , despite many warnings of the consequences of leaving , so he doesnā€™t have to touch his trust fund ā€œ

People then say heā€™s only doing it to keep his family safe ā€¦but he pays for PR before making provision for security ??? Priorities!!

Reactions: 34
I see Gayle King announced a new show on CNN to be aired in the fall. It's with Charles Barkley!?! Charles is an ex basketball player (a very good one) and is an excellent analyst, mainly noted for his outspoken style. The show is to be called 'King Charles'. :rolleyes: Reading between the lines it seems obvious that no one exactly knows what the show will be about ... I've read: "It's not going to be political, but we will cover politics". Which makes no bleeping sense. I'm pretty sure Barkley will say something outrageous within a few months (if the show even gets off the ground) and it'll be canned. Wouldn't surprise me if madam will be a guest. Just giving you a heads up, I just heard about it just now. I think there's an article in Variety if you wanna look for it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It speaks volumes that Harry hasnā€™t officially congratulated his father. Despite so many saying Charles has given in far too much to them, I think things are incredibly frosty. Otherwise why not be the bigger person and congratulate your old man.

Reactions: 42
I'm not sure I believe he went to BP after the ceremony.

Another thing, I'm also not sure of Bea and Eug. I'm not a fan. Especially of Eug and the suggestion that they maybe called to do royal duties is mystifying as I remember a few years ago there were comments that they were always on holidays, several a year in fact. Don't trust them. Jmo.
I don't think I mind Bea, but I don't want Euge anywhere near Royal duties. They need to give Zara a title and rope her in when she gives up competing. Depending on when William takes over, he could be really short on numbers if his children are too young to take on Royal duties. And they should be allowed their own lives first anyway.

Reactions: 35
I love how the ghostwriter paints Harry as just a guy trying to improve himself and people donā€™t like that .

Heā€˜s spent THREE years moaning about his family ā€¦in 3 years he could have got himself a DEGREE in mental health , so then he could talk with some authority . He might even enjoy educating himself, get something out of it ā€¦

And I daresay , heā€™ll spend the next three years moaning ā€¦.or thirty !

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Yes. I was concerned at first to see William looking elsewhere while speaking (first saw the moment in the recap). Then I realised that he was reading from the card. Felt a bit not-picture perfect, but then this wasn't an occasion where an "I take thee, Rachel" moment could have been tolerated šŸ˜‚

šŸ¤— Thank you. My therapist told me the same thing, so I said maybe I fooled her. I see this is quite a common anxiety. So nice to hear this ā™„

Thank you šŸ¤—ā™„ but don't worry. I can mostly handle her/the situation. It's just that rough times have gone on pretty long and we are all sick now so I'm exhausted and finding it difficult to deal with.

She's definitely got multiple narcs on her head, apart from other people with their own agendas - mostly entertainment - whispering in her ears. That's what she was conditioned to be like - listen and obey insofar it suits the narc abusers. So leaving her be isn't ideal. Not just for our sakes, but her own. Surrounded by hyenas basically.

Organisations here aren't much help. They're mostly just vehicles to earn the board members etc money. Some are genuine, but in this situation nothing much can be done unless she decides to make a change. She did try, which is why we are where we are. Some trouble is inevitable when you try to break out of narc control. Which is why I can sometimes understand the BRF's position.

One breakthrough and everything will start getting better. Mum will still be a narc and have those trauma habits, but I'll have more bandwidth to navigate them.

The nice thing is that she's been calm and affection every time she has woken up, so today might go better šŸ¤žmy infection peak is also over, now have the more difficult cough-y tired stage, but that too shall pass. ā˜ŗ I'll wash my hair today!!
From personal experience:
  • Take it one day at a time and concentrate on what you need to do today to make it to tomorrow
  • Take care of yourself as well. The phrase I was given is: don't set fire to yourself because they are cold
  • If you are worried that you are a narc, then you aren't. This won't stop you worrying or overanalysing everything you've ever done or said but you do that because you are not a narc
  • You are stronger than you know

Keep going, you can do this ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.