Harry & Meghan #341 Goodbye Candle, Hello Red Plume!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the kiss on the cheek was a spur of the moment thing? I can see the hand on the crown being adhered to by all taking oath of allegianc, but I felt the kiss was an impromptu comforting gesture rather than scripted.
Not according to the Sky commentator who said that the PoW would kiss the King’s cheek before touching the crown, even while the PoW was touching the crown before kissing the King’s cheek.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I really loved most of it.

I wish the foreign royals would have been allowed to dress in tiaras and jewels. More glamour would have been fantastic.

The balcony moment was too short.

All these people showed up!

Wouldn't it have been great if they had stayed longer and maybe the marching band could have played three numbers?

View attachment 2152613

What the bleeping hell, Harry is really unhinged. Why is he looking at him like that?
His mind is filed with jealousy, spite and a chip on his shoulder the size of Everest.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Hello everyone Post-Coronation! I didn’t get to join in during the event as we had family over (planned before I realised it was the Corrie). I warned all of them that it would be on the tv while they were here. Some complaints beforehand (mild) but everyone ended up being glued to the tv.

My takeaways:
-pomp and pagentry: gold star
- not enough bling/not formal enough/I wanted tiaras
- William, Catherine and their children were exemplary
-Charles and Camilla looked tired and even doddery at times
- could Camilla crack a smile at all? She looked miserable most of the time.
- hardly any Harry: thankyou
- the choral work was lovely
- everyone on the streets looked so cheerful

Once again because it bothered me so much… Camilla looked downright miserable. Barely a wave nor a smile.
I didn’t think that she was miserable, just overawed by the sense of the occasion & conscious of how events had led there. She looked much happier after it was over.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I wish Burley would duck off with the personal questions. Shame on you sky for picking her.
I managed to catch some of the ceremony, I could only get Sky (I'm on hols and 2 hours ahead) and the Wi-Fi isn't 100%, but thank goodness I'm not deaf or hard of hearing because the Sky subtitles were atrocious, Sky should be ashamed. Here are the few I remember, but there were many errors...
Queen Consort...queer sort
Trumpets sounded...Trumpets sanded
Counted...condom
If subtitles were being written by an actual human then they need sacking, I was disgusted.
Also, I'm sure I noticed Harry didn't swear allegiance, I couldn't rewind to check. I will catch up on the coverage when I get back home.

Hope you're all having a great day celebrating :coronation:🇬🇧🍾🥂🍻🍰🥮 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So my 83 old year old mum just casually mentioned she remembered how much it rained at the Queen’s coronation because she got soaking wet sitting on the pavement with her classmates as the Queen went by! How has she only just told me this?!?! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Latest Lady C where she is focusing on the non-royal Dukes involved in the Corrie, their backstories and how they connect to each other. She will be talking about her take on the Coronation and viewers' questions about it next time.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I didn’t think that she was miserable, just overawed by the sense of the occasion & conscious of how events had led there. She looked much happier after it was over.
Hadn’t she also injured her back? If so, I assume she was extremely uncomfortable as well.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
🎶 bye bye Harry, Harry bye bye 🎶 - Bay City Rollers vibes (don’t even know why that popped into my head but you too can share my ear worm, you’re very welcome 😆)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.