Harry & Meghan #338 Not long to go til the Coronation show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This Victorian postbox is local to me in Dog Kennel Lane Solihull but it isn't easy to access, due to low rise industrial units behind it and being on a bend before a busy roundabout. No Royal cypher on front maybe round the band I can't get to it to look..Seems it dates back to 1857.

🫅🤴👸..looking forward to seeing George, Charlotte and Louis at The Coronation

View attachment 2149783
That’s lovely. I adore the really early ones from the first six years because they weren’t at all standardised. Local surveyors just made their own up so they’re all different.
1683287135730.jpeg

They standardised in 1859 and then the Penfold came in in 1866. We’ve got two lovely old VRs near me, plus lots of EVII, GV and GVI. I’ve never seen a EVIII though. I always use the Penfold VRs for cards and letters but you can’t fit anything A4 in them they’ve such teeny tiny slots! I’ve always loved pillar boxes; bits of everyday history. No one should ever have invented the wall box though - they’re rubbish in comparison. I’ll enjoy seeing my first KCIII, I hope we get one near me soonish. And all the toppers appearing are works of art - I’m in awe of the amazingly talented people who create these things. Especially the hilarious dangling cockroach one! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Afternoon tattler friends. Just been catching up on threads after getting back from holiday yesterday and may I say just in the nick of time to do my coronation food shopping. M&S appeared to be ransacked, got what I could including M&S Collection smoked salmon and cream cheese then over to Tesco for their Finest range of coronation goodies and more pimms. Got my gazebo out hopefully for sunshine not rain and am currently about to bake scones and make my quiche and coronation chicken. I bought Warburtons thin bagels for the smoked salmon and cream cheese and will do everything bite size just like a BP garden party. I’m so excited and glad I got my bunting etc before we went away as there’s nothing left. I’ve missed you all but reading the threads made me laugh 😂. Don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade (literally) but has the cali bleep not shown his fugly face yet. Oh and PPOW looked fab yesterday! Happy Friday all. One day more as they say in Les Mis 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think tomorrow is going to be a very big wake up call for Harry - seeing the rest of the family tightly supporting Charles, the most amazing pomp and ceremony and he's on the fringes like a visiting dignitary. And with a very strong chance that the crowds will boo him. Hopefully he's being kept out of sight as much as possible to keep his fragile ego intact...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Afternoon tattler friends. Just been catching up on threads after getting back from holiday yesterday and may I say just in the nick of time to do my coronation food shopping. M&S appeared to be ransacked, got what I could including M&S Collection smoked salmon and cream cheese then over to Tesco for their Finest range of coronation goodies and more pimms. Got my gazebo out hopefully for sunshine not rain and am currently about to bake scones and make my quiche and coronation chicken. I bought Warburtons thin bagels for the smoked salmon and cream cheese and will do everything bite size just like a BP garden party. I’m so excited and glad I got my bunting etc before we went away as there’s nothing left. I’ve missed you all but reading the threads made me laugh 😂. Don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade (literally) but has the cali bleep not shown his fugly face yet. Oh and PPOW looked fab yesterday! Happy Friday all. One day more as they say in Les Mis 🎉
Quoting myself like an hole but forgot to wish Happy Birthday to anyone I’ve missed while away, get well soon to anyone who’s ill, and manifesting anyone due to have a baby to give birth tomorrow on this historic occasion. Oh and I’ve missed your craic @Nuttynana

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Anyone else not done their coronation food shop yet? Anyone?

Just me then 😆

Oh well, if I can't find anything, we'll be having bellinis with salmon pate on oatcakes and clotted cream sandwiches made with Warburtons toastie bread 😂
Can't do my shop til after 6pm tonight....just hope there is stuff left! Been trying to source fresh tarragon all week, (for 'you know what':)), even Waitrose let me down. :( Hope I don't have to resort to the nasty dried stuff! Can't decide whether to make the Coronation quiche tonight or tomorrow. Will it have a 'soggy bottom' if made too early? Intend making two, one the authentic one and one with added asparagus and parmesan, (soz your Majesties) Tomorrow it will be picky bits/carpet picnic/Bucks Fizz/Prosecco all day then a sit down feast upon the gloriously majestic quiche, (and off to the Tower with you nay-sayers!!!).

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The hypocrite may have landed

How he has the nerve to show his face is beyond me. The way he has treated his whole family absolutely sickens me. Also, the total disrespect he has shown not just to the British public, but to the whole commonwealth, and royal fans across the globe.

He should have just stayed away and let us all relax and enjoy the coronation without having to see his sour face. Why is he even coming? Supposedly it's to support his father, what a joke! It would have been more supportive to keep his mouth shut and go off to live his private life. :rolleyes:

I quite literally cannot stand the pair of them. :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Can't do my shop til after 6pm tonight....just hope there is stuff left! Been trying to source fresh tarragon all week, (for 'you know what':)), even Waitrose let me down. :( Hope I don't have to resort to the nasty dried stuff! Can't decide whether to make the Coronation quiche tonight or tomorrow. Will it have a 'soggy bottom' if made too early? Intend making two, one the authentic one and one with added asparagus and parmesan, (soz your Majesties) Tomorrow it will be picky bits/carpet picnic/Bucks Fizz/Prosecco all day then a sit down feast upon the gloriously majestic quiche, (and off to the Tower with you nay-sayers!!!).
I am growing that - its a shame we cant work out a way to send it to you!!

Reactions: 14
For the magnificent sum of £1.90 I acquired 2 x 20m strings of bunting, and 4 flags thrown in for free!

corrie chickens.jpg

The chicken run... and half a dog. The chickens are not impressed by the bunting...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I thought that too, but it is now being reported that the line-up isn't confirmed. It's making me wonder what is happening :unsure:
Whatever is happening I honestly think there is zero chance of him being on that balcony.

If he is, I'll eat my hat/tiara ! (And be grr at KC)

• Sick
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.