Harry & Meghan #327 Electrocuted Hamster and The Duchess of Destruction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is excellent. It timelines everything in one place.
They just missed the Inskip wedding.

Thanks fir finding it @BlinkyBill
---

I still believe he hastened the demise of the Queen and the Dude of Ed.
---

It's still there as far as I know.

Yep. Just looked.
This is what I am getting, maybe just me.

Screenshot_20230408-185235.png

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Me too. But when I had to attend those things, I noticed that all the older people saw them as a complete waste of time and would have preferred to be able to do their job instead.

Personally I liked to argue with them. I once told a Black diversity officer that if young Black people wanted to reclaim the 'N' word and use it for themselves, then he had no right to tell them they couldn't. Totally shut him up because he couldn't argue with it. :LOL:

I told a true silly cow that she shouldn't ask us not to sneer and laugh at gay people, if she then sneered and laughed at incest victims. (Which she did). I said there was little point in learning about consideration for gay people if she didn't understand that those rules applied to other groups too. She was so embarrassed. I recommened that she attend more training courses. :devilish:

It was fun and the coffee in the Training Suite was so much better than the coffee in the rest of the building.
Not been on one of these courses, thankfully, but a chum told me about one she attended with her employment. She said it was very entertaining because the only black person on the course ripped into the instructor/trainer and said such courses were causing friction because staff were no longer comfortable with each other. She said she and her colleagues used to get along happily but now relations and conversations were stilted because of fear of causing offence (and what is acceptable seems to change far too frequently). The black attendee also pointed out that it was racist to assume ALL whites were racist when there was no proof of same; similarly it cannot be assumed that other races do not harbour racism and yet their prejudices are not exposed and brought to the fore with the same emphasis. My chum said it was quite therapeutic to see the tutor deflate before their eyes but also said that had it been a white person who voiced the opinions, she suspects they would have been huckled out of their job

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
These people act as if slavery was unique to black Africans. Slavery was considered normal for thousands of years and most places have experienced slavery. There’s a whole group of people named after that fact - the Slavs in Eastern Europe! And African tribal leaders themselves sold slaves. I’m so sick of this ‘white people bad’ narrative!
Maybe people need to look for reparations from the people who sold them in the first place? Hello Shouty Shola!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
read the book excerpt from the DM, and i was very disturbed at the constant haranguing of HLM after megxit, and him swearing at his father, until KC stopped taking his calls. i just can't for the life of me see any scenario where you swear at your parent and bully your grandparents.

screenshot from the article:

View attachment 2085729

This has got me angry and upset. Why hasn't he been charged with elder abuse. HMQEII would probably been told by then that she was going to lose PP and may be that she herself would not have long.

I can only imagine how painful the cancer and any treatments HMQEII was having.

Just a fecken selfish bleep.
I forget the exact words but I think there is an Italian saying (it may be a bit vulgar), that he would still be sucking the milk from his mother's teats.
My Stepdad says it when someone is whining, being a baby and whoa is me complaining on the news etc etc.
---
what did it say?
I don't know. It happens a bit because most things are posted when I am asleep, well trying to.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
haha, Ja, also! I think in Spanish they've about 20 words to describe it hahaha
I would think most language have a lot of ways to say it, without putting my brain to work I can think of 3 or 4 in English: prostitute, bleep, ho, lady of the night...

Imagine if I made an effort ;);)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Honey, I want you to step away from thoughts of reparations, horrific experiences that other people have gone through and anything else that leads towards the depression that inevitably follows such thoughts.

I want you to put some happy music on and float into the right mindset to create beautiful art. That's what you need to do right now and I want you to focus on the beauty in life. I'll be surrounding you with inspiration, creativity and strength of mind. And lots of love of course.

One of my favourite poems has the following words. Its good to remember them from time to time.

"...the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism".

And this bit, which is later on in the poem. I always find this comforting and it helps me feel peace. (Actually that's true of the whole poem, lol)

"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

Sending you so much love ❤

The poem is called 'The Desiderata' by Max Erhmann and was written in the 1920's, if anyone is interested.
Desiderata is beautiful…I stitched it once.

48787927-0655-4A7D-B5EE-2834B763EA8F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I think that's the one I closed.
We aren't allowed to promote our own pages out of Tattle.
It's against the T and Cs but if you look again I'm sure you will find the current one.
Xxx
Really weird, I click on the correct one, and am following you, but it keeps taking me to the old one. Thank goodness you post your fab drawings here.

ETA i updated, all good now :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Channel 5 tonight 'Harry & Meghan: What Next?' 8.30pm.

(Also 'Andrew & Fergie: Disgrace And Demotion' 7.00pm,, 'Princess Anne: The 7 Loves of her Life'6.00pm - Both of these are repeats but Harry & Meghan isn't)

• Sick
Reactions: 12
When Mandela was released from prison he called for 'peace and reconcilliation' in South Africa. He didn't have to do that, and that's why he is a great man and why all the people who are calling for reparations are just race-baiting grifters with no sense of history or forgiveness.
Peace and reconciliation isn't an option for those who want to exploit the anger and grief of people for their own selfish motives.

In my region, the people who were directly affected by the colonial rule are mostly gone now. Their children (my parents' generation) had to bear the direct consequences of the upheaval caused by it. As well as the rise of terrorism, which was a direct consequence of divisive politics practised during and immediately after Independence. Many of them are justifiably angry, but still most want to just live peacefully and ensure that their children and grandchildren don't have to face such uncertain times (high hopes, unfortunately).

Could have stopped there and ushered in peace and communal harmony, but it suits wannabe oligarchs, and religious and political leaders to keep those fires raging. HMTQ was never our monarch. Lord Mountbatten is long gone. My generation was never subjugated by "foreign" forces. In fact, we have and are still making efforts to actually move out to our former colonisers.

It's just those selfish unprintables inciting fresh hatred. They've revived those old terrorist outfits, subjugation of a different sort. And for distraction, we have the Koh-i-Noor and reparations. Oh and also the whole "Nehru-Mountbatten affair" which is quite useful for discrediting the Opposition.

People still bang on about an apology for Jallianwala Bagh, but barely anyone knows that HMTQ had expressed regret over it during her visit in 1983. I know it wasn't an 'apology' and maybe my opinion doesn't count because to my knowledge, none of my ancestors were lost in that incident, but I don't see what an apology or money would do now. Does an apology from Charles, who didn't exist even as a sperm then, count for anything? I don't know and I'm afraid to ask because that's how bad the anger is with some people.

We have been in the Commonwealth for such a long time now, have good trade and overall relations and have adopted a fair bit of 'Western' culture. So many of our people are living in the UK and most of us would absolutely love to host Catherine. High time we focused on using these good relations to tackle problems like China and our domestic issues instead of all this drama. But then it suits those who want to keep us riled up and occupied with random stuff.

And it's like what others have mentioned. We were invaded all the time by conquerors from around the world. Who all do we demand reparations from? And I'm pretty sure I have some European ancestry, so do I pay reparations to myself?

Oh and the Koh-i-Noor. As far as I am concerned, it would look better on Catherine than <people I won't mention because I don't want to be arrested>. Just don't let Smegs anywhere near it. It might disintegrate itself for fear of her touching it 🤦

Desiderata is beautiful…I stitched it once.

View attachment 2085881
This is gorgeous! 😍♥ You're so talented!

I wish I could do embroidery/needlepoint too, but needles only tolerate me using them to open paint tubes 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm thinking of starting the next thread and putting a poll in it. Would people like a poll, or should I not bother? I don't want to bore everyone to death. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.