Harry & Meghan #327 Electrocuted Hamster and The Duchess of Destruction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow WOW WOW!
Awesome work.

the stitching is way more beatiful than Meghan's ( so-called) calligraphy
Thanks everyone. I stitched that nearly twenty years ago (and it’s huge - about three feet long! 😲). I don’t stitch much these days, only very occasionally. These days I’m more into bookbinding and teaching myself how to do illuminated letters.
I can do better calligraphy than Smegs too. 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Ok, I'm losing the will to live. Can someone please find me the most popular title post please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Right! Loadsamoney from Italy please, as we were slaves to the Romans.
Tons of moolah from Nordic countries, as we were Fucked over by the Vikings.
When we get paid, maybe think about giving some away to US!!!!!!
how's about that then?????
Yes and the French could pay up for 1066, the Norman invasion!

As a New Zealand woman, I so agree. It's not good.
[/QUOTE]
I agree, and hope William isn't getting infected by Chuck's wokeness. It will not end well, but the signs are worrying.
Acknowledge the wrongs of slavery and move on, then put a lid on it once and for all.
No reparations or cans of worms for the taxpayer please. No racism in reverse either, and I think the US have taken leave of their senses.

Do the claimants know that those who enslaved their ancestors were very likely black slave-traders who bought and sold their black countrymen and women? Why assume they were white? They could have been Arabs or Portuguese, anybody, impossible to know after 300 years who any legitimate beneficiary is, and you can't just have blanket beneficiaries.

Posters:

"......My own ancestors, from England and Ireland, were most likely stolen as slaves by the Vikings. But I don't see the Norwegians rushing to pay me anything! At the time slaves were owned most people thought it was OK, but we Brits were the first nation to say no, based on our Christian faith, and to abolish it. We have nothing to be ashamed and we don't owe anyone anything in this respect. But then, Charles was always keen to jump on the latest woke fad."

liverpoollou
1 DAY AGO
"This reparations nonsense comes straight from America and must be firmly resisted. It is stupid to demand that people who have never owned slaves should pay money to other people who have never been slaves. If we start looking into ancestral rights and wrongs, everyone is owed "reparations" by someone! "

Pusska1 DAY AGO. Very good point this
"Providing access to the Royal Collection and Royal Archives is a huge mistake; papers will be stolen and leaked, secrets will be revealed, etc. etc. This will not likely end well. The whole issue of reparation for past history is simply untenable and bonkers. No payments should be made as none will be enough to the recipients. Shut down this imported craziness from America and move forward with all the lessons learned."

and:
".....History recounts how every defeated faction was enslaved by their conquerors . This was how it always ended for the defeated . But only one ethnic faction is now claiming reparations from their historic conquerors . Any idea what is different about their particular set of circumstances?"

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ok, I'm losing the will to live. Can someone please find me the most popular title post please?
I have just had a look and the most popular title post is Harry & Meghan #328 Walmart Wallis - no access to balcony at Buckingham Palace by Duee

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've set up the new thread and since we're within 10 posts of the 1000 and I need to get on with baking some bread, I'm going to say 'bugger it' and post it anyway. Hope that's ok.

And here we go, new thread awaiting lots of posts. You also have unlimited choices in the poll. I'm just that good to you. :rolleyes: :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.