Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chita

VIP Member
Well if you want an example of what sleeping your way to what you want, crying on the floor to get what you want and avoid telling the truth, telling lies to get what you want, using people to get what you want, then she has done a lot.
Is it time to wheel this out again?

fly trap 001.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Amiyaya

VIP Member
I’m back! Minus one twisted ovary 🤢🤢🤢, forever grateful to our insanely amazing NHS and to ALLLLLL of you Tattle family that have kept me going! Thank you all from the heart of my bottom!!!!

Im looking forward to being gloriously Oliviered and falling off my stilettos as soon as possible! My stilettos that are well heeled, clean and actually fit, that is! I watched a vid that was posted about ILBW shoes whilst recovering and was appalled! We all know a half size up is the way forward to stay on our tootsies allday and night along with my trusty sticky bottom JL stockings, not 5 sizes too big to enrobe bunions a la smeg 🤢🤢🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Jemma102

Re the cost of Catherine's wedding dress,
I am a member of an embroidery group, we often have textile based speakers at our meetings.
A recent speaker was a former apprentice at the Royal school of needle work based at Hampton Court and she worked on Catherine's wedding gown.
She said that she had to sign several NDAs, some of which she is still bound to now, such as how many hours and days were spent on it, the reasons being that certain information would lead to a price being put on the gown and that is not what it was all about.
Her and others were told that they would be working on a special project but not told what it was, she said that she blurted out was it for a royal wedding (she knew about the upcoming wedding of William and Catherine), they were then all told that they were not even allowed to speculate what it was for and they could tell no-one what they were doing.
They were not even allowed to know the name of the designer, they were sent peices of the dress and had to apply lace to the peices which were then sent back to the designer to be made up into the dress.
She told us that the lace was form Italy and was so delicate that when they cut it up to apply it to the dress fabric that it almost dissolved in their hands.
She lived my dream life and I loved her talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Chita

VIP Member
What about reparations for all the young men killed fighting in the world wars. They endured horrible conditions in battles such as the Somme. Sent to their deaths unprepared. Cannon fodder.
And reparations for all the coal miners who died with coal dust filled lungs in their 30s because working conditions were so bad.
Reparations for people living in areas where their industries were shut down - shipping, textiles, steel, coal .. . it never ends.

Can't change what happened but can make sure it doesn't happen again.
Instead of making the racial divide bigger (because that's what this is doing) all work together NOW to end modern slavery, trafficking and child grooming.
That's happening now.
Living people are involved, not those long dead.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
To be honest I dont think there is any problem with the royal family unpicking links to the slave trade and being honest about it, it’s better to get ahead of it and be in control and accurate rather than letting cunts like The Narkles and Shouty Shola grossly exaggerate, lie and make false extrapolations. Linking this to any kind of ‘reparations’ is just media bullshit imo, though if the royal family have to offload some cash I can live with that, they have money they could spare. The rest of us, well maybe there are a few who made money through slavery and kept it for their family to benefit but most of us were nowhere near it, or any who were, it was pissed away long ago. So how does that work?

It’s all unworkable bollocks and in my experience Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas however much woke bullshit media/campaigners would have you believe.
When you start discussing reparations for one segment of the population, you may as well roll out the carpet for everyone to start stepping forward with their hands out! In America, it wouldn’t just be the black populace, because oh hey! Yep! We put Japanese Americans in internment camps during WWII, brought my Irish relatives over here as slaves and well, we also put my native Cherokee relatives and a whole lot of other Native American nations on reservations, so there’s that!! Expect a shit show when you open that Pandora’s box! Enough already! We should not have to pay for our father’s father’s father’s mistakes! Just don’t fucking repeat it!!
:::stepping off my soapbox:::
…holy balls, I’m tired

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
See what you've done KC

Royal Family hit by new payout demands over Caribbean campaign links # via https://android.com
King George III abolished slavery in the British colonies. Prince Albert spoke about anti slavery and APOLOGISED.
No matter how many apologies are given it will never be enough. Money won’t and can’t fix history. History should be looked at and to teach people that certain parts of history shouldn’t be repeated.

I’m a descendant of slavery as I’ve mentioned before my dad is Jamaican both his parents are descendants of slavery. You don’t see me demanding an apology or compensation.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Kezzle1

Chatty Member
Thomas Cashman has been given 42 years, sometimes British justice does work. The bravery and hard work of those that helped convict this scumbag has been amazing. A little girl shot dead in her own home. 2 other women were killed with guns in Merseyside for simply being in the way of the real targets. And yet the gobshites whinge and complain about how hard their lives are and they need full time security when they have done nothing to lessen their risk of danger, in fact of only heightened the threat against their children. They have no idea how real people live, who get no protection and can be killed for just being in their garden, for just being in a pub over New Year, for running to their mum because they are scared. They make me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Short book, that I've finished already. One of my favourite chapters here ... Brace yourselves.

IMG_20230406_161409.jpg
IMG_20230406_161545.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Shushex

VIP Member
Thanks to @Anna2020 for the winning title.

Well... it's still silent on the Western Front
However, there was quite the kerfuffle re the Disney vs. DeSantis board dispute as they invoked the Royal clause and Charles III, King of England (sic!). the sugardom went mad with it and started calling Legless a "Disney Princess". i think that's the only kind of Princess she'll ever be.
The Dutchess won a Gracie participation Award for the snore-cast.
Sparry made an appearance on the last day of the hearings to merch some Dior drip. then he went back to his hotel. no, to the friends he was staying with. actually, no, he went to Froggy. speculations are rife.
regarding the case vs. ANL, the private investigator Gavin Burrows who allegedly hacked the phones now claims his written confession was forged.
Sam's case was dismissed, pending amendments to be resubmitted in 14 days. sugars be wild with celebrating their quean.

the real Royals went on Royaling in Germany, HM addressed the Bundestag in German, they were greeted by a huge crowd in Hamburg.

speculations about the Corrie are getting sillier by the hour, we all agreed that the "royal expert" market is oversaturated.

if i missed something, please add.

Old thread:

• Heart
Reactions: 59

giraffetower

Today's #Dumb as a box of rocks comment

"It's not about you"

Anyone who was "whipsmart" and "intelligent", would see that the Coronation is a national event. Like a US Presidential Inauguration - it is the official introduction of a new Head of State.

It is not about healing family spats. Not about a daughter in law "needing" anything. Not about a Lion King balcony moment.

Can you imagine a US President's son & his foreign born wife trying to make the President's Inauguration all about themselves, their kid's birthday and a moneymaking photo op?!!

I'll say it again. IT IS A STATE EVENT for the UK, and for the wider Commonwealth. A smidge under 1/3 of the World's population. Let that sink in. (No wonder Mrs Harkle would like a starring role)

But these aren't movie roles, they are ceremonial roles. And they rejected those ceremonial roles, remember? Very publicly.

And as a result, crucially - they are no longer HRH. ( His/Her Royal Highness)

They are no longer Royal. There are many other Dukes and Duchesses in the UK and I don't see them insisting on "terms" before they make an appearance. Or "recognition" for their pre-schoolers. Or balcony appearances.

#The Consequences of rejecting the ceremonial Royal roles. You are not in the ceremony.

You may attend, obviously. But as guests.

In row 4. Behind a candle.

#Dumb as a box of rocks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58