Harry & Meghan #326 Fighting for journalistic integrity, my arse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
twit Walk more like.
---

1. What the duck is that font? straight out of a ren fair.

2. Dutchess? I'm all for american spelling of stuff but this ain't that. :ROFLMAO:
I think they were referring to My Old Dutch as in this rendition by the great Peter Sellers. The words are heart-breakingly appropriate for Markle and I have a tear in my eye as I type this

My Old Dutch - YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thanks shushex for new thread and Chita for title.

So what's happening today in court? I guess he hasn't turned up. All this way for 2 days?!
Tattlers my search for the ginger with the dodgy todger wasn’t successful I'm afraid. BUT MrNorth has said he is willing to go to the coronation 🥳🥳.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
y Old Dutch Lyrics
I've got a pal, a regular out an' outer
She's a dear old gal, an' I'll tell you all about 'er;
It's many years since fust we met
Her hair was then as black as jet
It's whiter now, but she don't fret
Not my old gal

We've been together now for forty years
And it don't seem a day too much
Cause there ain't a lady living in the land
As I'd swap for me dear old Dutch
No, there ain't a lady living in the land
And I'd swap for my dear old Dutch
I called her Sall a propper name is

We've been together now for forty years
And it don't seem a day too much
Cause there ain't a lady living in the land
As I'd swap for me dear old Dutch
No, there ain't a lady living in the land
And I'd swap for my dear old Dutch

Aren't those lyrics just darling? Dear Meghan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Are we getting something created for the coronation?

Queen had a jubilee pudding so is there going to be a creation for this event?
I will volunteer as a taster.
imho, even if someone objected to the red lips as racist, they could not object to your portrayal of her rictus smile as racist, 'cause it is what it is... as far as i know, have never heard of anyone condemning Al Hirschfeld caricatures of black women as racist. (apology in advance: sometimes, have been compared to a dog with a bone, on certain issues, but am now {arf,arf, arf] done venting)...

1680190431491.png

Reactions: 20
No worries, @Maleficent50 I got you! I hope this helps!

BREAKING NEWSRoyal clause and King Charles III invoked in Disney vs. DeSantis board dispute
By Jeff Weiner
Orlando Sentinel

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:57 am

As the news broke that Walt Disney Co. had quietly stripped power from the board that oversees Disney World’s government services ahead of its takeover by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ replacements, a reference to British royalty caught the internet’s attention, becoming instant fodder for memes.
A “declaration of restrictive covenants” approved by the board’s former members on Feb. 8 — a day before the Florida House voted to hand control of the district to DeSantis — prohibits the district from using Disney’s name, Mickey Mouse and other characters without the corporation’s approval.

But it was the term of that ban that raised eyebrows.
“[T]his Declaration shall continue in effect until twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of England living as of the date of this Declaration,” the document said.

The mention of the king in a list of covenants dealing with Cinderella’s castle, rather than Buckingham Palace, struck many as odd, if not hilarious.
Some speculated the inclusion was a dig at DeSantis, who has said his goal in removing Disney’s control of the former Reedy Creek Improvement District was “ending the Corporate Kingdom.”

However, there’s a more straightforward explanation, rooted in longstanding legal traditions and a common law concept known as the “rule against perpetuities.”
As explained by Cornell Law School, the rule holds that “no interest in land is good unless it must vest, if at all, not later than twenty-one years after some life in being at the creation of the interest.”
In other words, covenants must be tied to the lifespan of a person living at the time the covenant is signed, plus 21 years.
Disney agreements by Skyler Swisher on Scribd
This rule gave rise to what’s known as the “Royal lives clause” — this is where King Charles III gets dragged into the Disney vs. DeSantis dispute — which is meant to extend a covenant as long as possible by tying it to the lineage of a member of a royal family.
According to the U.K. law firm Birketts, royals came to be used in such clauses because, given their wealth, they tended to live longer than most and their family trees were relatively easy to map.
And the current royal family bears that out: King Charles III’s mother, Queen Elizabeth II, was Britain’s longest-serving monarch, dying last September at the ripe age of 96. His father, Prince Philip, died in 2021 just two months before his 100th birthday. And his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth — also known as the Queen Mother — lived to see 101 years.
The clause addresses King Charles III’s living descendants at the time of the agreement, which not only includes his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, but their children: Prince George, 9; Princess Charlotte, 7; Prince Louis, 4; Prince Archie, 3; and Princess Lilibet, 1.

The hashtag #longlivelilibet is one of the trending topics.
But not everyone uses the British monarchy. In fact, many in the U.S. over the years have tied covenants to American political dynasties, like the Kennedys.
As the memes died down late Wednesday, the internet began to catch on. By Thursday morning, “Rule Against Perpetuities” was trending on Twitter.
Meanwhile, the new board members for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, as the former Reedy Creek district is now known, are gearing up for a legal fight to challenge the covenants enacted by their predecessors.
Said Chairman Martin Garcia: “What it looks like to me [is that] because Disney has the Magic Kingdom, they thought they could be king for a day.”
READ MORE ABOUT DISNEY VS. DESANTIS
Kristyn Wellesley of the Sentinel staff contributed.
[email protected]
---
Well still don't really understand what this is about even after reading this! However, I would just like to point out to whom it may concern, that you are going to have a long wait if you are waiting for 21 years after the death of A DOLL. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I just noticed a new 30 minute show on Talk TV tomorrow at 21:30 called 'Royal Tea'. :sneaky: Are any of you guys going to be on? Maybe Nana and Chita will be on??!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
What is the date of the declaration? It applies, I think, to the last descendant of KC3 who was alive at the time of the signing of the declaration.
I believe the declaration was approved last month. The term is based on the death of the last survivor of KC3’s descendants who were living at the time the declaration was signed. So KC3’s descendants who were living in February 2023 (when the declaration was signed) are Will, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harold, Archie, and Lil. The term is therefore based on the person who outlives all the others. It really can’t be determined at this time who that would be. Although many people assume the youngest person (Lil) would outlive the other six, that’s not a given, especially since there’s not a huge age difference between the grandchildren.

Reactions: 25
If I had a bannister in my home, I would do this.
(I'd do it at work, but with security cameras everywhere, I'd probably get hauled into the office and given a talkin' to...:rolleyes:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.