Harry & Meghan #326 Fighting for journalistic integrity, my arse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
H G Tudor suggests that Haz coming to UK is simply a test run ordered by Smeg to guage public reaction ahead of the Coronation. He made the point that she sees Haz as an extension of herself, a lieutenant, but she doesn't consider the possibility that she is more hated and might provoke a more hostile reaction.

It was a surprise visit, the Coronation is a whole different ball game

Reactions: 24
How old or valid is that declaration?
Charles only inherited the throne last year, and for all anyone knew he was going to choose a totally different name as King to Charles? He could have been King David 1st? or used any other of his names!
They made the declaration in February 2023, I gather - the day before the Disney board was stripped of its power in Florida . Obviously a yah boo sucks to De Santis

Reactions: 22
And also whose responsibility is it to keep up to date with current news situations? Harold is on record now of saying when he was a young man and soldier in Afghanistan he never bothered to read any news! That to me is a distressing view of the world, and extremely arrogant.
How on earth can you have any idea of what is going on around you, or what is going on in the world, if you never make the effort to see basic news headlines!
The leveson enquiry was everywhere at one point, but Harold couldnt give a toss.

Its not really good enough to say, I ignored the news as a young adult, but 20 years later, I've actually realised what the leveson enquiry was about, Id like to say something about it, and sue the papers that I dont like!!!
Not only that - he apparently wasn't even interested in newsworthy events occuring in his own home involving his own family and friends. His own brother Prince William went to the police in 2005 regarding his conversations with Tom Bradby being hacked - the investigation led to the discovery that staff in Clarence House and Kate (then) Middleton's voicemails had also been hacked and led to the NOTW Royal reporter and a PI being jailed in 2007.

So forgive me if I don't believe that Harry was not aware of a huge police investigation occuring in his own home (I think he lived at Clarence House when not on active duty) so it really stretches his credibility to absurd levels to say that he was totally unaware unless his drug and mh issues are much more serious.

• Sick
Reactions: 51
Thanks for the new thread and title. :)

Is that Disney thing for real?

If so, why is Disney invoking a foreign Monarch in a legal document anyway? Seeing as Florida was colonised first by the Spanish, wouldn't King Felipe be more appropriate?

And do Disney realise we haven't had a "King of England" since 1707, when it became known as the Kingdom of Great Britain under Queen Anne?

Their grasp of British history appears to be about as good as Harold's.

Is Smeg pitching a "Princess Lili, Heiress To The Throne Of England" movie to them, or something?
So this means that the USA document is nul and void, because there is no King Charles lll of England!! He is King Charles of Great Britain!!!

Well spotted!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That's all very well but the Princess of Monteshitshow doesn't exist, a mere figment of the thunderc*nts imagination
Yes indeed though I’ve heard a new toddler version of the doll has been ordered which sings only one song. The red headed little mermaid from Disney who also has no legs song. Apparently pwincess nolegs wants to go to the Coronation 🧜🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes. Yes they are
I know it’s all absolute crap with the spelling mistakes and everything, but it really does my head in when they refer to the King of England🤬🤬🤬. I know they are all brainless sugars who drink the KoolAid but surely to God, just one of them might look up the correct title and history of the Royal Family?🤬🤬🤬🤬
I don’t know if I have ever mentioned how much I despise Hasno and ILBW?😉😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
That's all very well but the Princess of Monteshitshow doesn't exist, a mere figment of the thunderc*nts imagination
She might no longer exist if KC3 declares the Sussex title reverts back to the Crown when Harold is no longer and removes the prince/princess titles from the flatpacks and declares they are entitled to use the Sussex courtesy title of Dumbarton!

He can do that because he's The King - and it's good to be King! 😂

I'm American so I'm not sure what I'm talking about but it sounds good to me!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
No worries, @Maleficent50 I got you! I hope this helps!

BREAKING NEWSRoyal clause and King Charles III invoked in Disney vs. DeSantis board dispute
By Jeff Weiner
Orlando Sentinel

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:57 am

As the news broke that Walt Disney Co. had quietly stripped power from the board that oversees Disney World’s government services ahead of its takeover by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ replacements, a reference to British royalty caught the internet’s attention, becoming instant fodder for memes.
A “declaration of restrictive covenants” approved by the board’s former members on Feb. 8 — a day before the Florida House voted to hand control of the district to DeSantis — prohibits the district from using Disney’s name, Mickey Mouse and other characters without the corporation’s approval.

But it was the term of that ban that raised eyebrows.
“[T]his Declaration shall continue in effect until twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of England living as of the date of this Declaration,” the document said.

The mention of the king in a list of covenants dealing with Cinderella’s castle, rather than Buckingham Palace, struck many as odd, if not hilarious.
Some speculated the inclusion was a dig at DeSantis, who has said his goal in removing Disney’s control of the former Reedy Creek Improvement District was “ending the Corporate Kingdom.”

However, there’s a more straightforward explanation, rooted in longstanding legal traditions and a common law concept known as the “rule against perpetuities.”
As explained by Cornell Law School, the rule holds that “no interest in land is good unless it must vest, if at all, not later than twenty-one years after some life in being at the creation of the interest.”
In other words, covenants must be tied to the lifespan of a person living at the time the covenant is signed, plus 21 years.
Disney agreements by Skyler Swisher on Scribd
This rule gave rise to what’s known as the “Royal lives clause” — this is where King Charles III gets dragged into the Disney vs. DeSantis dispute — which is meant to extend a covenant as long as possible by tying it to the lineage of a member of a royal family.
According to the U.K. law firm Birketts, royals came to be used in such clauses because, given their wealth, they tended to live longer than most and their family trees were relatively easy to map.
And the current royal family bears that out: King Charles III’s mother, Queen Elizabeth II, was Britain’s longest-serving monarch, dying last September at the ripe age of 96. His father, Prince Philip, died in 2021 just two months before his 100th birthday. And his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth — also known as the Queen Mother — lived to see 101 years.
The clause addresses King Charles III’s living descendants at the time of the agreement, which not only includes his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, but their children: Prince George, 9; Princess Charlotte, 7; Prince Louis, 4; Prince Archie, 3; and Princess Lilibet, 1.

The hashtag #longlivelilibet is one of the trending topics.
But not everyone uses the British monarchy. In fact, many in the U.S. over the years have tied covenants to American political dynasties, like the Kennedys.
As the memes died down late Wednesday, the internet began to catch on. By Thursday morning, “Rule Against Perpetuities” was trending on Twitter.
Meanwhile, the new board members for the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District, as the former Reedy Creek district is now known, are gearing up for a legal fight to challenge the covenants enacted by their predecessors.
Said Chairman Martin Garcia: “What it looks like to me [is that] because Disney has the Magic Kingdom, they thought they could be king for a day.”
READ MORE ABOUT DISNEY VS. DESANTIS
Kristyn Wellesley of the Sentinel staff contributed.
[email protected]
---
Perhaps Harry thinks he could get payment for using Lillibet's name and that is why he flew to the UK via Florida 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Really hoping they are kicked out of Royal Lodge sooner rather than later KC3 needs to put His foot down and get rid of Andrew and His Grifting classless ex wife they are another pair who are making a mockery of TRF
seemingly the Queen told her to "Don't stop writing!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Are we getting something created for the coronation?
Now , you see, in my dotage I read that as “Are we getting something CREMATED for the coronation?” I was hoping it would be the titles and LoS in relation to Hasno and ILBW plus the flatpacks, but now will have to make due with an overdone crumpet😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.