Harry & Meghan #326 Fighting for journalistic integrity, my arse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, and also have felt for a while that KC3 is keener on the idea of the inherited glory of Monarchy than of its duties, and so while Harold has indeed been a bit naughty, he is still ROYAL, which none of us whingers are. So really we should jolly well STFU. But I'm a Kiwi and may well be reading it wrong.

I don't think Charles minds performing his duties.
I think Andrew and Harry only want to carry out duties that make them feel important, require little effort and if there's something in it for them.

I think in particular Charles and Andrew expect everything done for them. They are indulged and incredibly spoiled and, I suspect very demanding.
Harry seems to be more obsessed with being surrounded by Security staff rather than being waited on.

But with Charles, what's the point of being a King if you can't be a bit spoiled? As long as you don't take it all for granted (the Queen didnt) most of us don't mind.
But take the piss and we get angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I reckon you are reading it right. Chuck. Andrew and Hazno all seem to have the delusion that being royal gives them a free pass to do whatever they want. Dangerous opinion these days, time they woke up to the reality
Yes maybe, but those two are both spares, Charlie has been brought up for one purpose his whole life, everything heading for this moment, King, and you’re not telling me that that doesn’t get into your brain and tell you that you are indeed special. I think the spares are lucky, they can do practically anything they wish in life and keep all the benefits of being in that privileged position, the future King has to some extent tow the line.
I think to survive the modern times, that the monarchy has to follow other royal families of Europe and make some drastic changes, there’s too many hangers on and people that think they don’t have to contribute anything.

Reactions: 33

Hadn't seen this doozy of a photo. She really does look like Sideshow Bob, completely with the double dose of craycray
I was thinking exactly the same thing and was going to make a post saying so and then read your comment under the photo.

TMJr said Smeg should not be left alone with small children or animals.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
I’m not quite sure what you’re alluding to here. Are you saying humans are/were being trafficked to use as subjects for chemical weapons tests? If so, by whom?
@HadBax Negative. Not for chemical tests. Think stem cells and go research it.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't think Charles minds performing his duties.
I think Andrew and Harry only want to carry out duties that make them feel important, require little effort and if there's something in it for them.

I think in particular Charles and Andrew expect everything done for them. They are indulged and incredibly spoiled and, I suspect very demanding.
Harry seems to be more obsessed with being surrounded by Security staff rather than being waited on.

But with Charles, what's the point of being a King if you can't be a bit spoiled? As long as you don't take it all for granted (the Queen didnt) most of us don't mind.
But take the piss and we get angry.
KCIII is definitely pampered and I agree it would be pretty hard not to be spoiled growing up with all staff around you treating you as someone special. I’ve wondered if that’s why the Waleses have moved into their own space outside of the palace, just to get the kids away from that inevitable treatment.

However I think Charles is pedantic rather than a tyrannical master. I also believe any requests he make for things to be just so are balanced by his encouragement and amazing expressions of gratitude to staff. I’ve seen it multiple times on docs of ex staff showing notes they received thanking them for a job well done or even just for last night’s meal being excellent! I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve never had a boss that’s gone to that trouble to say well done. It must really boost people, make them happy in their jobs despite his high expectations and explains why he keeps his staff for decades.

Andrew and Sparold on the other hand always just sound like demanding wankers. My friend who’s met them all said they were both vile. Andrew with his ridiculous teddies photo which to me just sounds like a power play exercise. The Gruesomes clearly expected their staff to mop up an entire internet’s worth of negativity rather than doing their actual job of arranging royal work for them. It’s disgusting and unacceptable that they then screamed like vicious toddlers when it inevitably couldn’t be done. And as far as actually getting their hands dirty, neither man is interested. Andy was told by QEII to attempt rehabilitation via charity work but because no one would touch him as a limelight garnering patron, he’s just not bothered. If he’d volunteered few times a week at Windsor Food Bank since the interview, we’d all have warmed to him again. And as for Bitter and Quitter and their lazy 1 hour a week universal service efforts, they’re a ludicrous arrogant entitled joke!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
KCIII is definitely pampered and I agree it would be pretty hard not to be spoiled growing up with all staff around you treating you as someone special. I’ve wondered if that’s why the Waleses have moved into their own space outside of the palace, just to get the kids away from that inevitable treatment.

However I think Charles is pedantic rather than a tyrannical master. I also believe any requests he make for things to be just so are balanced by his encouragement and amazing expressions of gratitude to staff. I’ve seen it multiple times on docs of ex staff showing notes they received thanking them for a job well done or even just for last night’s meal being excellent! I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve never had a boss that’s gone to that trouble to say well done. It must really boost people, make them happy in their jobs despite his high expectations and explains why he keeps his staff for decades.

Andrew and Sparold on the other hand always just sound like demanding wankers. My friend who’s met them all said they were both vile. Andrew with his ridiculous teddies photo which to me just sounds like a power play exercise. The Gruesomes clearly expected their staff to mop up an entire internet’s worth of negativity rather than doing their actual job of arranging royal work for them. It’s disgusting and unacceptable that they then screamed like vicious toddlers when it inevitably couldn’t be done. And as far as actually getting their hands dirty, neither man is interested. Andy was told by QEII to attempt rehabilitation via charity work but because no one would touch him as a limelight garnering patron, he’s just not bothered. If he’d volunteered few times a week at Windsor Food Bank since the interview, we’d all have warmed to him again. And as for Bitter and Quitter and their lazy 1 hour a week universal service efforts, they’re a ludicrous arrogant entitled joke!

Fab post.

I think William (with the help of the Middleton family) is learning from the 'mistakes' made by the Queen and Charles and he is evolving how the heir and heir's children adapt to their royal roles.

I very much doubt Charlotte or Louis will feel or behave like Andrew and Harry (and Princess Margaret)
I think William understands how a spare feels. He's tried to 'save' Harry and can't but he's doing his best to change the 'spare' situation for the better In time to save his kids.

Of course, character/personality can mess all that up because some people just can't be saved from themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Why was it said she shouldn't be left alone with children? Was it ever elaborated on or explained?
Thomas Markle Junior said said she shouldn't be left alone with children IRC . Maybe something happened when she was younger involving a child? why would he say that if there wasn't a reason:unsure:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Fab post.

I think William (with the help of the Middleton family) is learning from the 'mistakes' made by the Queen and Charles and he is evolving how the heir and heir's children adapt to their royal roles.

I very much doubt Charlotte or Louis will feel or behave like Andrew and Harry (and Princess Margaret)
I think William understands how a spare feels. He's tried to 'save' Harry and can't but he's doing his best to change the 'spare' situation for the better In time to save his kids.

Of course, character/personality can mess all that up because some people just can't be saved from themselves.
agree. it also helps that both PPoW have a uni degree and the changing attitude towards getting an education while royal. i'm reading a book about Diana, and the author said that Charles was the first royal to get a formal education and college degree.

Reactions: 32
Fab post.

Agree, I think Charlie is caught between the old ways and the new, not easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thomas Markle Junior said said she shouldn't be left alone with children IRC . Maybe something happened when she was younger involving a child? why would he say that if there wasn't a reason:unsure:

....and how does a doggie break both his legs?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Thank goodness the coronation is only 4 weeks or so away. I can't wait for it to be over and Charlie's safely got the crown on his bonce, I'm not a monarchist but I like him and I want his day to go well, he's waited so long, he deserves that at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I think one of the funny things of Hazno and ILBW is that by claiming "no one was protecting us", they are showing how much they were really protected by TRF.

Everyone loved Hazno, and no one was aware of his jealousy towards his brother, no one question his tours of Afghanistan, no one questioned his character.

The ILBW was portrayed as a breeze of fresh air that would modernise the institution, another add on from the real world that would ground the family. No one was aware of her connections to Soho house, her yacht "model" career, her capacity of ditching friends and family like a snake ditches her skin.

It was them, with their actions, with their tales, that opened the Pandora box of who they really are.
So true. Harry's real character was so carefully hidden, by the 'men in the grey suits' apart from the times when the horrible stuff he did or said couldn't be covered up, and apologies had to be issued.

The notion of her modernising the royal family always makes me laugh. I know I posted this on a previous thread and I can't remember where I read it first - you would swear it was that they had no electricity or running water in the palaces 🤣 until her arrival.

• Haha
  • Heart
Get over to IMDB for reviews of the Archetypes podcast fast 😅 they are terrible at the moment, mostly 1 out of 10, but her minion Ian Sexton has been on Twatter encouraging the squaddies to post sugary reviews 😅

"She is portraying a women's champion in a telenovela of the 80s."

"The only truth I heard was Mariah calling Ms. Markle a diva."
😁
Left a nice review for our readers 🫣😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Agree, I think Charlie is caught between the old ways and the new, not easy.

Good way of putting it.
---
So true. Harry's real character was so carefully hidden, by the 'men in the grey suits' apart from the times when the horrible stuff he did or said couldn't be covered up, and apologies had to be issued.

The notion of her modernising the royal family always makes me laugh. I know I posted this on a previous thread and I can't remember where I read it first - you would swear it was that they had no electricity or running water in the palaces 🤣 until her arrival.

The biggest laugh for me when we look back at old press coverage is all the comments saying that she is stylish and knows how to dress.

I know Diana and Fergie wore some howlers in their time but they werent trumpeted before their marriages as fashionistas.

Reactions: 31
Well, they raised less than $5000 last year...
That’s not bad considering I think there are probably only about 23 of them left!!! 😆 All paid for manning their little bot farms but with most of their fellow cult members having already jumped ship! What was especially telling was that last year’s birthday fund raising effort was given straight to charities the Narcles have ‘supported’! When even the sugars don’t trust them not to hoover up most of the money, you know the pair are utterly reputationally screwed!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Just been checking which title wins for our next thread, and it's by @Anna2020. Well, done, a great choice.

Harry & Meghan #327 Electrocuted Hamster and The Duchess of Destruction

As was this one. Always made me smile when I returned to the thread.

I did notice that @Chita had no less than seven posts with the most likes and laughs on page one. Keep it up lovey, we all enjoy your wit, honesty and loveliness. 🥰

On reading back, I notice some if you may have already received your copy of Spare Us, is that right? It's very quiet. My copy isn't due to be delivered by Amazon until Thursday - can't wait. I thought we may have read a few snippets in the press by now. 🤔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.