Harry & Meghan #324 It will insult our nation, if they attend the Coronation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't the palace background check her, and her dodgy mother, they are awful. Shame it wasn't still the (good?) old days when they could stop you marrying anyone disreputable.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
The way the World is evolving, and not for the better I hasten to add, I cannot for the life of me see why many countries still venerate "Royalty".

I'm not anti Monarchist but it does perplex me the level of reverence that is bestowed on mere mortals, that by no other reason than luck at birth are given privilege and wealth beyond most humans wildest dreams.

What is more galling is when these "Royals" abuse their power and are morally and intellectually challenged.

Right now that the behaviour of Andrew, Harry and Markle are playing right into the hands of those that want a republic.
The current problem with the world is the great polarisation in terms of wealth between the elites and the general population. A gulf that keeps getting wider. A monarchy can survive if the population feels that they can achieve greater prosperity than their forebears. The erosion of the middle (aspirant) class spells trouble for the elites. This is the same the world over whether they have titles or not.

I don't revere the Royal family in any way but don't object to them as long as they are doing their jobs well, supporting causes/charities and working as diplomats welcoming state leaders etc. Our Royal family actually costs the UK tax payers less than some others are spending on their Presidents, so the titles are rather irrelevant.

I certainly agree that the behaviour of Andrew and the Harkles has weakened respect for the monarchy in this country. If the RF want to cling on then changes will have to be made.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I visited Paris a lot when I was young and Paris was lovely then, the last time we went was about 5 years ago and it was strikingly different. It's really changed (not in a good way) and there are now many areas that appear to be very unsafe. Charles is right not to risk it at the moment.
Paris is my second favourite place in the whole world. I can go from my door to my fave hotel in 3/3.5 hours tops and spend many a weekend amusing myself around the city - occasionally I let Mr Yaya join but usually I pop over by myself. However there have felt like ‘undertones’ on my last 2 trips. I’m bilingual and was able to overhear things that were not comfortable to hear - I felt uncomfortable at times and there were a lot of protests just popping up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I have never been there, so I don't know what it's like.
I imagine it to be an area with enormous houses in the middle of massive pieces of land, set back from any roads and hidden from passers by. I imagine the houses are so far away from their boundaries that, to visit, you need to drive through the gate (if given permission to enter) and drive for several minutes before you get to the house.
I also imagine there is a small town centre with a few shops.

If it is how I imagine it, I think that Meghan and Harry would not venture out of their house or grounds much ( if their pleas for privacy are genuine.)
Was he ever seen anyway?

Were they ever seen out and about there?
It's an area of (filthy) rich and famous, but more on the bling side. Rich, famous and classy live in Brentwood (in LA - there are 2 Brentwoods in California, but only one is posh lol) or in certain areas of Pacific Palisades (the Riviera or Huntington Palisades).
To give you an idea of the Montecito population, their pal Oprah lives there, as does Ellen de Generes.
Also, they were plagued by a massive mud slide a few years ago (don't remember if it was in 2015 or 2017) and were recently evacuated due to flash flooding. I wouldn't live there even if they gave me a house in the area: with climate change, the place is going to suffer a lot (other mud slides & floodings, wildfires, etc.)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I visited Paris a lot when I was young and Paris was lovely then, the last time we went was about 5 years ago and it was strikingly different. It's really changed (not in a good way) and there are now many areas that appear to be very unsafe. Charles is right not to risk it at the moment.

The fact that there are "no go" areas for the police is terrifying

• Wow
Reactions: 44
Paris is my second favourite place in the whole world. I can go from my door to my fave hotel in 3/3.5 hours tops and spend many a weekend amusing myself around the city - occasionally I let Mr Yaya join but usually I pop over by myself. However there have felt like ‘undertones’ on my last 2 trips. I’m bilingual and was able to overhear things that were not comfortable to hear - I felt uncomfortable at times and there were a lot of protests just popping up.
France has a strange vibe atm. They are often voting for Marine Le Pen and the likes of her.
Also, I don't understand what they're fussing about: in my country (Belgium), we have to work until we are 67 and have a career of 40 years to enjoy a complete retired payment from the State. Their own regime may go from 62 years to 64 (still 3 years earlier than their neighbours ;)) and they only have to work for 21 years to have a complete retired payment. And their salaries are higher than the Belgian ones.
Maybe they should come and work a few years in Belgium: they'd be super happy to be back home.

• Wow
Reactions: 49
found it ..... their new Pad for the UK only 9 bathrooms tho........

9 bedroom detached house for sale in Newlands Avenue, Radlett, WD7 (rightmove.co.uk)
Absolute perfection. The perfect Chateau Chav! What an ugly cluster duck of a house; you nailed it in one! 🤣🤭
Exactly what a HW Ho would consider refined. 🤮

Here's the guy I hope is the next US President. Been a conservative Dem my whole life. Hub and both our mums are seriously considering voting Republican as long as they have a viable candidate. Vivek can't stand H & M which makes him even more appealing!
Screenshot_20230324_062058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The way the World is evolving, and not for the better I hasten to add, I cannot for the life of me see why many countries still venerate "Royalty".

I'm not anti Monarchist but it does perplex me the level of reverence that is bestowed on mere mortals, that by no other reason than luck at birth are given privilege and wealth beyond most humans wildest dreams.

What is more galling is when these "Royals" abuse their power and are morally and intellectually challenged.

Right now that the behaviour of Andrew, Harry and Markle are playing right into the hands of those that want a republic.

And also those of us who were very supportive of the Queen as a great diplomat and head of state but not very impressed with Charles.

He's still on thin ice at the moment with many of us, and we are observing how he handles Andrew, Harry and Markle.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
France has a strange vibe atm. They are often voting for Marine Le Pen and the likes of her.
Also, I don't understand what they're fussing about: in my country (Belgium), we have to work until we are 67 and have a career of 40 years to enjoy a complete retired payment from the State. Their own regime may go from 62 years to 64 (still 3 years earlier than their neighbours ;)) and they only have to work for 21 years to have a complete retired payment. And their salaries are higher than the Belgian ones.
Maybe they should come and work a few years in Belgium: they'd be super happy to be back home.
They keep putting up the pension age in the UK too. When I was young the retirement age for women was 60 but now I will have to work until I'm 67 to get a bloody pension. I'm sick to death of working now and my job annoys me but its very difficult to get another job when you are older.

The French do know how to protest 😄
When they put our pension ages up in the UK nobody rioted, but the younger generation don't care about anything that affects older people.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Dearest Tatlers,

Just when I thought I couldn't despise Gweneth Paltrow more (post vaginia scented candle), she has raised the firetruckin' stakes. I just watched part of day 3 of her trial, and the witch has joined the illustrious line-up of rachel markle and amber heard. Watching her sit in the courtroom in horrid, unflatering, expensive cashmere and clunky gold jewelry (all availible for purchase from gloop) with her snooty, botoxed, nasty, resting witch face, while the plaintiff's daughter was struggling on the stand, showing grace under fire, honesty, integrity, and vulnerability makes me wanna stuff her and her nasty candle scented vaginas down one of rachel's many toilets-may they all plug up forever. At least the public is starting to be educated about narcissism thanks to rachel, amber and now gwenie. BTW her lead attorney, while not as stupid as elaine, is freakin ghastly, bitchy and completely contemptable.

On topic, dear reeks, stfu, and stay home!
OMG @knoddle - Someone else as disgusted about Gwyneth Paltrow as me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! As in "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Rachel's soulmate AND her role mode. 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤬🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 33
I can see why she prefers to be barefoot, how would she get that big toe in a proper shoe?
---

Is he having a feel with that left hand 🤣
Gosh couple went on holiday, couple looked at each other, couple took a photo (in a black and white)—->>> myra thinks it is the greatest love story in the world… myra needs to go out and see more of the world 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Am pleased about this tbh those French are a bit mad at the moment
Send Harold&HisHo. While they’re enroute to Paris, put out a really insulting quip about the French, attribute it to the Wrankles. They deplane in Paris - Boom. Problem solved. Invite 2 more from the waiting list to the coronation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Didn't the palace background check her, and her dodgy mother, they are awful. Shame it wasn't still the (good?) old days when they could stop you marrying anyone disreputable.
I think they DID and didn't find anything that they thought they couldn't scrub or sanitize from public record. H was screaming racism and they were so blindsided the possibility of them going rogue didn't occur soon enough to stop things. Hence the speedy engagement, wedding, pregnancy secrets, interviews & tell-alls. This type of pure evil works quickly like the devil and the Palace may be complicit in certain areas. They didn't realize until post-engagement she was going to thieve and merch the institution into oblivion.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
OMG @knoddle - Someone else as disgusted about Gwyneth Paltrow as me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! As in "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Rachel's soulmate AND her role mode. 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤬🤮🤮🤮
ETA: GP looks like any other middle-aged broad without the filters and camera lighting. OPPSIE! 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Chin chininey, chin chininey
Chin chin cheree!
A ho is as lucky, as lucky can be
Chin chin cheroo!
The crabs will rub off when I grab 'ands with you

Or blow you, or kiss - that costs money too

Now, penis ladder of life 'as been strung
You might think a ho's on the bottommost rung
Though I spends me time on my back and knees
In this 'ole wide world the rich blokes pay my fees

Chin chin cheree!
A ho is as lucky, as lucky can be
Chin chin cheroo!
The crabs will rub off when I grab 'ands with you

View attachment 2052224
THALIA, I love this. No wonder you got such a lovely medal when you joined the VIP ranks. Song Parodies are my absolute favorite. You filled my heart with laughter on this cold Friday Morning. I’ll be singing it all day! ‘ …The crabs will rub off when I grab 'ands with you 🎵

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.