Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
A 2 year old video by Bookworm on the lady in brown

Well this was odd @LadyMuck and not conclusive.
BookWorm bit the bullet and directly e-mailed the lady who she believes is the lady in brown. BookWorm was concerned that the lady might be drawn into the toxic saga of the Stoat children. It's so long ago I don't know if she received a reply or what the outcome was.

The rest of the video started with 31st March, a year after Megxit, and BookWorm wondering if anything had changed. Of course no sanctions were put in place one year on, and the circus has just rumbled on ever since. It seems so long ago, and I remember how excited we were that their year to decide was up and they'd be cut off..... fat chance.
If the lady in brown didn't want to get drawn in, it might have been a good idea not to hang around mysteriously in front of the world press.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

BlinkyBill

VIP Member
Maybe but he'll be front row with one of the highest profile seats in the place.
It would seem that the PTB and W & K are discussing his role & what he will be able to do on the day - there will no doubt be contingencies in place on the day for his role to be taken out of the proceedings. If they keep it fluid and he knows that, then there is little pressure on him.

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
King is Kinging today...

Backtracking more like.

"Political correspondent for Sky News Rob Powell said of the meeting:
"The response from Downing Street suggests the background to the visit was entirely down to a dialogue between the EU and Buckingham Palace with a little pushback from King Charles's team at the idea.

"The political risk for the Prime Minister is that it sours the mood further in Northern Ireland and makes it harder for him to sell his agreement there."

"Sammy Wilson, chief whip of the Democratic Unionist Party, said the meeting would risk "dragging the King into a hugely controversial political issue".

This bit....
"However, I'm getting a sense from Buckingham Palace that they're trying to distance themselves from the idea that it was their decision or indeed the King's decision to meet the European Commission President this afternoon, because the statement from the Buckingham Palace's spokesperson reads, 'The King is pleased to meet any world leader if they are visiting Britain and it is on Government advice that he should do so'."
Mr Walker described the mention of the "Government advice" in the Palace statement as "crucial words".

In other words KC arranged to meet VDL although his aides advised against it. This was a mistake so he's now saying he was advised to meet VDL by Downing Street,
Downing Street say No, it is always up to the King who he meets.
VDL is not a world leader.
Calling it the Windsor Agreement makes it sound patriotic.
HM would never have been pulled into this, but she took the advice the wise people around her which Chuck doesn't.

• Wow

Yorkie99

---

the role of 'The Duchesses'? article seems to refer to them holding the canopy over her.
Though at HMTQ's coronation they were obviously wearing their Duke disguises !!!!!
I'd guess dukes for the monarch/queen regnant and duchesses for a queen consort.

Reactions: 15

Hula flight

VIP Member
(not seen her reading the news?) - She is often included on regular discussion panels on GBNews brought on to provide a balance of views, however she usually ends up dominating and shouting (just like Shola). Fortunately the GBNews presenters are quite skilled at shutting her down when she becomes too vitriolic and often tie her in knots. She must enjoy the gig though as she keeps returning.
re the original tweet - she has partially retracted it and apologised (sort of).
Oh.I just saw gbnews on her bio and presumed she was a reader

stuffandnonsense

I'm posting this cause I can't quote from a post from an old thread but @stuffandnonsense was discussing Harry's frostbite thing and mentioned polar exploration biographies. I've started looking at that area of history - do you have a list of titles you could DM me if possible please?
I have read and would recommend the following:
Endurance by Alfred Lansing
Mawson and the Ice Men of the Heroic Age by Peter Fitzsimmons
Scott’s Last Expedition by Robert Falcon Scott
The Worst Journey in the World by Apsley Cherry-Garrard

As an aside, I enjoy Peter Fitzsimmons and think he does meticulous research. His Mutiny on the Bounty was excellent IMO

• Heart

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member

This is a lovely article explaining that Camilla's grandchildren will take part in the Coronation.
This doesn't sit right with me. This isn't appropriate. I am hoping it is the H&M press leak machine fabricating something to make Cam look like the scheming interfering plotting interloper Hawwy has been claiming and make H&M look like victims again. However it still looks bad and the comments are withering against Cam and the monarchy

• Wow
  • Heart