Harry & Meghan #314 OMG They Killed Their Credibility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally can’t see how they would be able to sue SP as cleverly enough details were changed to take away direct slander/personal identity - eg they were P&P not Duke and Duchess. What’s brilliant about SP is that some people like us on this thread could appreciate a lot of subtleties, and if they try to sue and mention any of that then they are effectively admitting to being as pathetic as the SP writers expose them to be. I assume SP have in house lawyers who will advise where the line for identity needs to be drawn - the book cover for me is the closest it gets to directly ‘exposing’ them but even that would be thrown out as a face on a book cover isn’t exactly unique. The fact that she’s upset about the brand list is funny, again she’s identifying with it to feel upset by it. She’s lucky that they said sorority girl rather than yacht girl imo.
I agree wholeheartedly. They skirted the line so cleverly.

Thing is, the detail in it… are Trey Stone and Matt Parker Tattlers? They must have been following the Harkles for a long time to get that level of detail in.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Meghan is reportedly upset and overwhelmed by her portrayal on South Park

Quotes from the article.

Meghan spent the last few days ‘upset and overwhelmed’ over how she was portrayed. The source told The Spectator that the Duchess of Sussex 'is annoyed by South Park but refuses to watch it all.'
Royal commentator Neil Sean told Fox News that representatives for the pair are now watching the series closely for any more attacks.

He said: 'According to sources close to the ex-Royals, it appears that, like so many things with Meghan and Harry, this may have legal ramifications attached.

'Their legal team are casting an eye over the episode to see what is wrong, and what could be turned into something more sinister.'

Mr Sean added that the makers of South Park have, as yet, received no legal correspondence.
If they decided to chase the fast buck by playing the victims, spouting utter hypocrisy and double standards, whilst stabbing people in the back along the way - they deserve every bit of mockery and criticism.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
At the end of the last thread Nuttynana asked if smeagol could simply be appointed to Feintein's US Senate seat. Although Feinstein looks really frail and is clearly suffering from cognition problems, she plans to complete her term. California is a crazy place, even if smeagol bumped her off, she has no chance at that seat. There are many formidable, established politicians who have been impatiently waiting for Feinstein to retire for years- cheif among them is Congressman Adam Schiff.

The abundance of smeagol this and that stories are par for the course, but I am really tired of the Big Willy cheating stories. The camp follower's followers need firetruck off.
It wouldn’t happen for multiple reasons doubt If Schaffer will wind up with it either what a lot of people don’t seem to notice is the actual power players or fronts actually come from the Bay Area not Southern California and have ties to the east coast

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The General Synod had a debate and agreed that the church will now bless unions of same sex couples.
The churches who object are those who disapprove of this.
The Anglican Church is in a difficult position..damned if they approve or damned if they don’t.
However it is quite clear that everyone, regardless of their sexual persuasion, is welcome to worship in their church.

We have several same sex couples and families in the church I attend and they are a welcome member of our church family.
As they should be.

On Archbishop Welby - one can't help but feel for him..
Welby hasn't had the smoothest of runs really - surprised he hasn't divested himself of his cassock and gone to live on Craggy Island. (irrelevant that he's not RC).
I married Harold & ILBW 3 days before I actually did - or did I? - maybe I did or maybe not? - Feck! Drink!
I officiated at the baptism of The Farchie child, but I didn't, I wasn't in town -or was I? - maybe I did or maybe not? - Feck! Drink!
Now the God question - who is He? or Her? or Them? or His? or Hers? or Theirs? or Thou?... or Thine?... or Me? or Mine? Feck!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Meghan is reportedly upset and overwhelmed by her portrayal on South Park

Quotes from the article.

If they decided to chase the fast buck by playing the victims, spouting utter hypocrisy and double standards, whilst stabbing people in the back along the way - they deserve every bit of mockery and criticism.
Mustn’t have seen the bits where they rip the piss out of her for being a professional VICTIM 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just going back to Catherine’s outfit. A few years ago I was at a Gary Barlow concert at the Royal Albert Hall. (Jason Donovan came on as a surprise guest and he and Gary sang Too Many Broken Hearts. I almost wet myself, haha). Catherine and Wills were there as guests of honour in the royal box as this gig was for the Prince’s Trust. They were quite close behind me, up one level. I can’t remember what she wore, but I can say, she and Wills have a “presence”. They kind of sparkled, I know that might sound ridiculous. I didn’t even know they were going to be there, and I’m such a Gary Barlow geek I was more interested in him than them, but the woman in front of me was crying saying how much she loved them! Anyway, they have something Meg certain doesn’t. Charisma. Crap outfits or not, she’ll never be as glam as them.
I remember that, she wore a Zara mini dress which she looked great in: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ctor-judge-Gary-Barlow-Royal-Albert-Hall.html

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thanks for new thread. [I was busy typing a recap but new thread started.] Thanks Cass, you saved me a job.

Anyway.....

Huge congrats to @DanDanTheIceCreamMan for this title which got 139 votes!!!!

Special mention to the other title suggesters........

‘The dumb prince & his narc now live in south park’ got 112 votes - suggested by @MoodyBlue

‘waaagh’ got 87 votes – suggested by @265

Either of which would normally have won the contest because they got a load of votes, too, but Dan’s has to be a record with so many.

Well done all of you.
I like seeing the other contenders… can we always do this? Winner of thread title and also the top 3?

Reactions: 30
I like seeing the other contenders… can we always do this? Winner of thread title and also the top 3?

Sometimes the winning suggestion is several pages back so its not always easy to find.

To find the next two titles as well as the most liked might take ages and there isn't always time to trawl that much when starting a new thread.

This time they were on page one of the most liked posts and all were near the top of the page, and therefore easy to find this time.

On the top right of every thread is a box 'MOST LIKED POSTS' for us to click on any time to see which posts have the most likes. When a thread has closed, it can still get likes, so the positions can change and of course, while the thread is open, the most liked posts change position all the time..

Reactions: 29
I have lost the battle to keep up with the threads, so I've leapfrogged over to this one. Well done on the thread title DanDanTheIceCreamMan and Cass for the recap! I watched the SP episode and I haven't laughed like that for a long time. It was done so smartly. On a side note I've always been a bit worried about pissing off my friends who are writers or artists or graphic designers in case it inspires them to create the most pitiful and pathetic character in their stories or artwork for the world to then see/judge, like in Lord of the Rings when Peter Jackson models one of the orcs off Harvey Weinstein 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Sometimes the winning suggestion is several pages back so its not always easy to find.

To find the next two titles as well as the most liked might take ages and there isn't always time to trawl that much when starting a new thread.

This time they were on page one of the most liked posts and all were near the top of the page, and therefore easy to find this time.

On the top right of every thread is a box 'MOST LIKED POSTS' for us to click on any time to see which posts have the most likes. When a thread has closed, it can still get likes, so the positions can change and of course, while the thread is open, the most liked posts change position all the time..
Oh, ok… thanks for the explanation.

Re South Park ep: can you imagine the poor ‘reps’ who have to watch it for the Harkles…and try NOT to laugh! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Please take a sigh of relief w/regard to Smegs entering politics & actually taking Feinsteins place. It ain’t happening. This tweet along w/all the tweets after it pretty much confirm she’d be eaten up and spit out 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
So many have viewed it and commented that if they have pulled it for potential legal reasons they/the Harkles are merely shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!!!
They always have to kick back to attempt to regain the high ground - they would be better served by going to ground.
Exactly. If they do sue, it's gonna be another case of the Streisand Effect where those who haven't already watched and weren't interested before will go looking to see what all the fuss is about. They are then going to realize they are once again making a mountain out of a molehill like everything else they moan about. If it has been taken down because of that, it won't matter as there are always ways to find it which I'm betting Trey & Matt know and are counting on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.