Harry & Meghan #288 "I want my family not the institution". Ditch your titles then, there's the solution!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, if a member of the RF started dating someone from a 'rough' area in the UK, then the media would also mention it. It was never exclusive to Compton...nor was it initially to do with race. Brits in general are used to hearing about 'good and bad' areas. So we wouldn't be offended if it said 'Harrys girl, straight outta (insert some rough UK area).

I do think it was to highlight how the RF had evolved. A prince marrying someone who wasn't just a commoner (like Kate) but was a 'rough' commoner (like say, me, who grew up on a council estate).
Even my tiny hometown (10,000 people and 3 square miles) has a dodgy end (down by the river)

All I can think of is from Love, Actually "I'm from Wandsworth, the dodgy end"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just what did H want the RF to protect him from? Himself? His wife? He gives no examples.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
@Thalia I can't quote your post due to that Samsung update but I just wanted to say that I agree with you regarding the possibility of the press turning on Diana if she hadn't died when she did. That would definitely have happened particularly if she had continued consorting with rich playboy types. Diana's influence would have waned and in all likelihood she would have eventually married someone else and become increasingly irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Reading the comments, I had no idea it was Charles who suggested Zara’s name! That’s really cute, having her uncle name her. Shame he didn’t get to make suggestions to his youngest son - Archie and Lilibet have to be the worst two royal names of all time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
@Thalia I can't quote your post due to that Samsung update but I just wanted to say that I agree with you regarding the possibility of the press turning on Diana if she hadn't died when she did. That would definitely have happened particularly if she had continued consorting with rich playboy types. Diana's influence would have waned and in all likelihood she would have eventually married someone else and become increasingly irrelevant.
It had already started to happen the last few weeks before she died - it would have only got worse.

Reading the comments, I had no idea it was Charles who suggested Zara’s name! That’s really cute, having her uncle name her. Shame he didn’t get to make suggestions to his youngest son - Archie and Lilibet have to be the worst two royal names of all time!
That was by choice as a big FU to the RF.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
You know that, I know that, most of the global population know that, but in some tiny, warped minds a Princess of Wales sized hole could best be filled by a “new Diana”. :rolleyes:

That's a them (and us - whenever we are not being entertained) problem 🤷 Just because my bestie and I fight over Chris Evans, it doesn't mean he's even going to ever meet us 😂 none of the celebrities we've fought over in the last 15 years did 😂😂

Exactly this! Didn’t they talk about a ‘life of service’? More like self service. I really cannot see what they do to help others less fortunate on a wide scale. The odd donation here and there doesn’t cut it for people with their platform and dosh.
I gave donations to different charities for Christmas for God’s sake, bought extra bits of food to put in the donation basket at Tesco and donated a Christmas present for a less fortunate child than mine. Big deal! I don’t inform the East Anglia Gazette!

What happened to all their promise of service? Whatever happened to that 40 seconds/minutes/hours/years of time or whatever to donate to charities for her 40th birthday? That was a load of cobblers wasn’t it. Did we here anything else about it?

They're like those wealthy women I encounter during exhibitions. The ones who want to "support artists" by bargaining with them over already-underpriced works of art that they dismiss with a "my child/sister/aunt/whoever does it better". The "young mothers" who want the best DIY kits - activities, they prefer to call them - for their kids, then bargain over them, asking how much the difference would be if they removed the tube of glitter glue (a few cents) or that paintbrush (again, a few cents). Then after they've thoroughly demotivated the artist and ruined their carefully-curated sets of things because they're desperate to make any sale, those Madam Duchesses swan around telling social media how they "helped and uplifted a poor artist".

One did this to me recently, then ordered something around 10 dollars that she said she would pick up from my place, then said it was too far so I had to spend 10 dollars to take open air public transport during a cold wave to deliver the order. She didn't even bother to come to the door and asked "who's this" when I called. Finally sent a staff member to take the bag. Her house was a freaking mansion in the poshest area of the city. I'm so very pissed still. ETA: No, she didn't offer to pay for delivery and I didn't ask because by that point I was so done with her and she wouldn't have paid anyway. I know the type very well. Anyone living in that area sends their drivers 3-4 cities over for a small thing like a pencil box, but they refuse to pay artists/service providers and call themselves smart for it.

Different execution, same behaviour. The Gruesomes and all of those privileged twats. And you'd think that Smegsy would have a bit of awareness given that she has struggled so *snorts* but nope, the higher they ride, the easier it is for them to forget where they came from. Cunts.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Shouty has a friend!

Where did the negative stories about PW and Rose Hanbury come from I wonder? Will Hazbeen be vicious enough to put a proper bomb under his brother's marriage I wonder....or will he just hold onto the threat of doing it?
Giles Coren, a UK columnist/foodie (there is a picture floating somewhere of him on night out with 43), following a lunch with fellow journos (according to him) tweeted (very drunk) about there being all sorts going on between W and Rose. Once sober, he retracted it telling people not to drunkenly tweet.
His original tweet was picked up by the squaddies and they keep it on constant rotation to remind everyone that William is a very naughty boy and there's obviously issues in W&C's marriage etc.
Believe there's some details about it in the wiki.

Meanwhile, Catherine's sister Pippa named one of her babies Rose, and given how close the sisters are, if there was a grain of truth to be found in the rumour...

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Know what I want...what I really REALLY want??? (That was NOT a hat tip to the Spice Girls, BTW...) :LOL:
I want someone to ask Richard Cranium why they still use titles if they ABHOR the aristocracy SO MUCH???
I'm very certain AC didn't ask it, but when is someone going to get the BALLS to do just that??? Seriously!! It's not that hard!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
He is also super woke, so I have assumed he with play patty cake with Hazno.... the extreme close ups of him in the trailer suggests to me this is going to be a 2 laned ego trip
That’s a shame ..Anderson Cooper has been awarded Peabodys…he’s not traded on his family name, he’s got a career. He also has an appreciation of family …Why on earth would he involve himself with a puff piece ???

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I wonder if H is going on and on about the RF not protecting them, is because they're worried about Tom Bower's new book coming out early Spring and will be about Doria and the missing years. Also there is the Court case with Sam in October.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Shouty has a friend!

Giles Coren, a UK columnist/foodie (there is a picture floating somewhere of him on night out with 43), following a lunch with fellow journos (according to him) tweeted (very drunk) about there being all sorts going on between W and Rose. Once sober, he retracted it telling people not to drunkenly tweet.
His original tweet was picked up by the squaddies and they keep it on constant rotation to remind everyone that William is a very naughty boy and there's obviously issues in W&C's marriage etc.
Believe there's some details about it in the wiki.

Meanwhile, Catherine's sister Pippa named one of her babies Rose, and given how close the sisters are, if there was a grain of truth to be found in the rumour...
I was reading on another forum that the Prince and Princess of Wales used to go away and she would be named Rose Middleton, how true this is I have no idea.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Exactly this! Didn’t they talk about a ‘life of service’? More like self service. I really cannot see what they do to help others less fortunate on a wide scale. The odd donation here and there doesn’t cut it for people with their platform and dosh.
I gave donations to different charities for Christmas for God’s sake, bought extra bits of food to put in the donation basket at Tesco and donated a Christmas present for a less fortunate child than mine. Big deal! I don’t inform the East Anglia Gazette!

What happened to all their promise of service? Whatever happened to that 40 seconds/minutes/hours/years of time or whatever to donate to charities for her 40th birthday? That was a load of cobblers wasn’t it. Did we here anything else about it?
Remember they actually said "service is universal" MY GOD I still cannot believe that. The absolute audacity

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
He's in some sort of weird trauma bonded therapy cult with Meghan as the mother figure he couldn't save.
It's so mental. She is playing him like a fiddle.
There's also the issue of Samantha's defamation law suit.
And a lot of this is the Harkles trying to get ahead of that, because they were spinning all sorts of stuff against her family.
By blaming the Royals, they are seeking to deflect from what they were doing.

This latest nonsense is a variation on the "she lost her father" lament in the Cut interiew.

• Sick
Reactions: 38
I wonder if H is going on and on about the RF not protecting them, is because they're worried about Tom Bower's new book coming out early Spring and will be about Doria and the missing years. Also there is the Court case with Sam in October.

Whenever Sparry whinges about the palace not protecting them from the media, I feel like throwing this beautiful Hindi sentence at them - 'aisa kaam karte hi kyun ho jisse protection ki zaroorat pade?' (transl. 'Why do you do such things that you end up requiring to be protected from the consequences of?')

The Punjabi version goes amazing with a flying slipper and broom.

shut-up-sus.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.